Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 47 reviews
on March 13, 2016
This was a refurbished item, so I was a bit concerned that it wouldn't work too well, but I was pleasantly surprised. This item was a gift for my nephew because he would keep trying to steal his mom or dad's expensive camera, and occasionally dropping it. I tried the kiddie cameras, and he didn't like them because even he could the the lack of quality there. This camera didn't include instructions because it was a refurbished item, which was a true test of ease of operation. The menus and buttons were clear. We were all surprised at the ease of operability (btw, my nephew is 5 years old). I totally recommend this product.
on January 16, 2013
I love this little video camera and you can't beat the price. I used to have a Flip video camera but switched to the Bloggie when I had to leave the Flip with my previous employer. I bought it because of the glowing reviews and I totally agree with what everyone has raved about. It does everything you'd expect it to. You're not going to win an Oscar with your movies shot on this but you do get nice, clear videos. I find the microphone leaves something to be desired (all audio on the films sound like they were recorded in a tin can), but otherwise no complaints. I haven't used the Bloggie software because I just use iMovie so I'm not sure how that measures up. The camera itself is great!
on June 18, 2011
i like this camera a lot .. i love the style and the fact that it takes the photos sepratly from the videos .. im not sure yet if you can take stills from the videos but that's not really a big deal ... i also like the fact that this is not a fancy camera with a ton of setting that you have to figure out .. my only problem is i can't seem to find a flash for the still photos i know there is a light for the recording part of the camera but i don't see a standard flash .. also DO NOT BUY an SD card i made the mistake of not reading all the features and did not see that it had one already built in and bought one to go with the camera .. money wasted .. also it showed by amazon customers who bought this bought the SD memory card as well and that's what made me think it needed one .. false advertisement for sure .. well we bought this to record our new baby boy and wanted a two in one so this will do great :)
on July 12, 2015
For anyone wanting to know the camera recording length here it is as follows:

Sony Bloggie Duo

5mp (4:3)

3mp (16:9)

0.4mp (16:9)
on July 18, 2011
Overall I love this camera. It's easy to use. Easy to set up. Easy to get my pics and videos off of it. The picture quality itself is excellent. While I admit I AM a big fan of Sony (am typing this on my Vaoi Laptop), that's only because they keep delivering value. For the price you can't beat this video / camera combo.

Only one thing I would request - a stronger light and / or a flash option. That is the reason for the 4 star rating under feature set.

Also, my technophobe husband was able to pick this up and use it with no instruction from me. Priceless.
on January 15, 2012
I love my bloggie! I'm really happy I purchased it. I use it to make youtube videos. Mostly reviews and vlogging. It's great because it has the outer camera so I can record myself easily. There are a few things that I'm not a fan of.
There is a slight buzzing sound when video is played. It's not horrible, but if you're not talking you can hear it. There is no cover over the lens. I put it in a case so it won't get scratched. I also don't like that the screw for the tripod is on the bottom. It distorts the video when you record on that side (I think). Now that I say that. I'll have to try it.

If you're planning on shooting in low light, this probably isn't a good fit for you. You have to have a good amount of light or it will come out dark.

Overall, it's a great camera for blogging and looking at yourself! It focuses easily as well. :)
on February 22, 2012
I read the reviews regarding this device on many sites and I think a lot of people were expecting more than what they paid for. My biggest concern were the reviews pertaining to the Bloggie working with a Mac. I'm happy to say that Sony had the software available at their site. All I did was download it, plug in the device and there it was. No hassles whatsoever. Also, you can drag and drop your video to Facebook and other social websites as well within the program you download from Sony.

The Bloggie feels sturdy and it's small enough to put it in my pocket when I'm not using it. I have a Canon HD that works great for capturing great HD video, but just wanted something that I could easily record video and that was slim in design for those moments that I'm not carrying around my Canon gear. The auto-focu does have some lag in it, but it's not that bothersome.

You get what you paid for with the Bloggie. If you're looking for something more than this then you would be better suited to add about $400+ to the total of the Bloggie and move onto a more advanced device.
on September 16, 2016
The image is good, but no zoom!
Plus, as we never used the features to automatic upload, would be better to have a simple photo camera.
on January 23, 2015
I've had it for several years now. A handy little cam with screens on both sides so you can take regular pics and selfies as well as videos. But nowhere near as good as cams available on high end smartphones, so in a way smartphones have made this product obsolete.
on November 21, 2011
when i first got this, it was super easy to operate. I'm glad I waited for awhile to do an review for this product. I used to hate it because i didnt like how they takes picture.. but after playing with my camera and changing a few setting from here n there i'm starting to like how my pictures are coming out. I love the camecorder on these its awsome n the speaker is pretty loud & you can hear every word clearly.. nice n small & I love my camera..