Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now TG18SW_gno

on April 5, 2013
I love this camera and the videos it produces are very neat. Only thing I do not like about it is the clips only go 29 minutes. It has 4 hour storage, but you can't run something for 4 hours. In recording a church service, I had to stop and start 3 times to get it all on. Pictures are great and easy to download software and upload the videos to computer. I haven't figure out yet how to upload to youtube, but working on it.
on January 2, 2013
My expensive digital camera with video capability had problems. The sound was missing on the videos. The repair was going to be at least $175, so I looked elsewhere for a solution. I decided to purchase the Bloggie instead of repairing the digital camera. What I like about the Bloggie is that you can take still pictures while you are videoing. You can also zoom while videoing, but it is a little blurry during that instant. My problem is keeping my fingers from the front of the lens. It is compact and easy to carry.
on August 3, 2012
I purchased the Sony Bloggie Touch Camera, 4-Hour (Black) to take with us this fall on vacation. I've done a few test videos to see how it is going to handle different types of light. It works great outdoors and gave really vibrant color. Indoors, the photo quality is a bit dark because there is no flash, but I can easily bright my photos on my computer.

The battery life is great and has held through all my testing. The Bloggie Software is a bit bland but it allows you to view your videos and photos as well as share them with your social media and family/friends so it is good. It would be great if it had a built in editor. It would also be great to be able to do some minor editing and sharing right from the Bloggie.

It is a great size, fits in my pocket or purse and it very easy to hold. I LOVE the touch screen. The features are easy to use. The Bloggie auto flips from horizontal to vertical when you change orientation. However, in vertical mode, there are black sidebars which are a bit annoying. It would be nice if it had an auto adjust to make it fit the screen in vertical mode.

One other feature I wish it had was a dual camera (like on the iPad 2/iPod Touch 4, etc.) but that isn't a con, just a wishlist.

Overall, is a very nice video camera and will be perfect for our trip!
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 10, 2010
Purchased this Sony Bloogie about 2weeks ago. This way I had time to really use it and get back to you. The style is pretty nice, liked it very much as compared to others in this category. Screen size is the best, very large and clear. The size & weight is perfect, it feels and weighs just like my LG cell phone. Video quality is pretty darn nice, very clear with alot of light needed because this bloggie has no flash or light of its own. Sound quality is very low. When you replay you can barely hear sound. Once its connect to your HDTV you can raise the volume, so problem fixed there. The picture quality connected to the Sony Bravia TV is excellent. Connecting to YouTube and Facebook is easy and effortless, but try sending messages via the Sony software provided and thats where you might encounter a variety of errors and space issues. Basically you probably won't be able to send the videos you took via email to say your Mom or Friends. Contacted Sony Support(their help desk) and SonyListens(Twitter)and no one can figure out why it won't work using their OWN software! Hope this review helps.
on June 22, 2012
Although I could use my iPhone for quick recording etc I wanted a device dedicated for this purpose. The Sony is small very quick to turn on and start recording. The touch screen needs some refinement. It's somewhat unresponsive to touch but that may be a design feature as not to accidentally tap screen while recording? Anyway out of the box it's really very simple to use and build quality is typical Sony standards...
on July 12, 2015
For anyone wondering about the Sony Bloggie Touch Camera 4-Hours and how long it can record this is what you need to know.

Camera: Sony Bloggie Touch [4-Hours]

Resolution: 1920x1080p @30fps
Duration/Length: 1hr 23min 44sec

Resolution: 1280x720 @60fps
Duration/Length: 2hr 48min 05sec

Resolution: 1280x720 @30fps
Duration/Length: 4hr 17min 07sec

Sony Bloggie Touch cannot record in a resolution at 1920x1080p @60fps. 1920x1080p @30fps is the highest quality this camera can record at to let you all know.
on October 16, 2012
At first, I was entirely intrigued by this product. It has very good video quality, even the picture taking is exceptionally clear. I love the fact that I can take pictures WHILE I am shooting a video. It's a good size, lightweight, and has a nice, sleek design to it. The bad thing is the damn auto focus, it constantly gets out of focus when i first start recording, especially when it's a lot of movement. I record a lot of boxing and mma fights and I get frustrated when the quality gets blurry when the focus gets lost. Another thing I noticed is that when I watch the videos on my laptop, there is this weird clicking sound and I'm thinking it's the auto focus trying to adjust. Overall, it's a good product, just a few flaws. For me personally, I think it was an okay investment. I just press the shutter button before recording and it stays pretty focused. For those who are planning to shoot really important videos or semi-professional videos, this is definitely not for you.
on May 29, 2012
 A video I took with the bloggie. It turns on quickly and you can begin recording in a flash! You can also take pictures WHILE you are filming!! That is a huge plus when you want video and pictures! We were at the zoo all day, and I never had any problems taking videos or pictures. They upload quickly and are available to preview easily. I love the touch screen. One thing i did notice, when taking a longer video, the bloggie does tend to get kinda hot. Something to consider. But, I have no complaints whatsoever!!! A very good purchase!!!
on July 23, 2011
I spent a good deal of time reading over all reviews here, including members from the "VINE" program, before purchasing this product. As such I felt I was quite ready to purchase this item and already understood exactly what I was purchasing. When the product arrived, I tested it out and found that I was not surprised in the least by its performance. It was exactly what I was expecting.

The camera takes excellent quality shots, and very nice videos (note: at 720 x 60 video quality). The sound quality that it records with was actually better than I had expected, I have no complaints about that.

One noticeable problem that I was already aware of, is to try to be as still as possible taking the shots or they blur very easily - both pictures and video. It doesn't take much movement to ruin a picture, and videos do have to continuously "refocus" when moved (this is less noticeable at 720 x 60, more frames/faster refocus). The camera has a 1080p video feature, but I would not suggest using it - as I had already been warned to. The 1080 is at 30 frames, unless the camera is sitting on a tripod it'll be constantly refocusing when moved. Oh and; don't even think about taking pictures/video with this camera held vertically...it screws them up. Keep it horizontal.

Overall it's perfect for what it does. I'm not an expert photographer/etc, I just wanted a simple, reliable product that was easy and fast to use and supplied me with both photos and videos that were both of good quality. This does just that. If you are a professional photographer I would suggest to get something else; this will probably irritate you greatly.
on December 13, 2012
absolutly love it, easy to edit movies with windows software, or any software you may have (mp4 format) takes great video (understand that this is not a professional video camera). For the price of 60 bucks you are not going to go wrong. great for vacations etc... I use it for my dojo to video the students during class so that they can see what they are doing to critque them and they can get the video downloaded onto a flash dirve in a jiffy and keep for themselves.