Sony Blu-Ray DVD Player with Full HD 1080p Playback, DVD Upscaling to Near-HD Quality, Front USB Slot, Online Connectivity via LAN, Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, Hulu & More, Dolby TrueHD & DTS-HD Decoding, High Definition Audio Support, IP Noise Reduction, Child Lock Feature, Black Finish
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Blu-ray Disc Full HD 1080p Playback DVD Upscaling to Near-HD Quality
- Internet Video Streaming Instantly stream a wide variety of online movies, videos, TV shows, and music from Netflix, YouTube, HuluPlus, Pandora, and more
- Front-Panel USB Port Share your videos or photos on the big screen or listen to your favorite music. Simply connect your digital camera, USB-enabled MP3 player, or USB storage device
- Dolby and DTS-HD Audio Support Dolby TrueHD and dts-HD (Master Audio and High Resolution Audio) codecs reproduces high definition sound with 7.1 channels of discrete audio so you can enjoy uncompromised audio
- A/V Playback Formats - Video BD-ROM, BD-RE, BD-R, DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW - Audio - CD, CD-R, CD-RW, SACD
Customers also shopped for
Sony Black Blu-Ray Disc Player
Blu-ray Disc Full HD 1080p playback
Enjoy Blu-ray Disc movies in brilliant high-definition resolution3 or upscale the quality of your DVDs to near HD
Internet Video Streaming
Instantly stream a wide variety of online movies, videos, TV shows, and music from Netflix, YouTube, HuluPlus, Pandora, and more
Dolby and DTS-HD Audio Support
If you have a 7.1 channel A/V receiver, get ready to experience stellar sound. This disc player is able to internally decode Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD (Master Audio and High Resolution Audio) or output bitstream via HDMI. These lossless codecs reproduce high definition sound with 7.1 channels of discrete audio so you can enjoy uncompromised sound for your movies
Front Panel USB Input
Share your videos or photos on the big screen or listen to your favorite music. Simply connect your digital camera, USB-enabled MP3 player, or USB storage device
I/P Noise Reduction
Improve the picture quality of Internet entertainment and enjoy crisp, clear images on your HDTV thanks to the unit's interlaced-to-progressive noise reduction
Online Connectivity via LAN
Connect the Blu-ray Player to your existing network using the LAN terminal on the player. This gives you access to streaming services and bonus content to enhance your entertainment experience
Parental Control of Playback
If you have youngsters, you'll appreciate the Parental Control function -- playback of BD-ROM discs, DVD video, and Internet videos can be limited according to the age of users
Conveniently operate and control other BRAVIA Sync compatible devices -- including BRAVIA HDTVs, Blu-ray disc players, surround sound systems, Handycam camcorders and Cyber-shot digital still cameras, all with one remote control when connected via HDMI
Top customer reviews
You can't get local TV stations with this device but if you have a good HDTV antenna or can make one as told on many U tube videos this may not be a concern.
Netflix and Hulu can cost you monthly but you won't have to pay $70+ per month for a satellite.
I would have given this device five stars, except I have two complaints.
- the documentation included was insufficient to get it set up completely. I had to go online to get the additional information I needed. If you get one of these devices, have a tablet or laptop, etc., nearby when you set it up, you will need it. Not just for the extra info, but you also need to go to each media site you subscribe to (Netflix, Hulu, etc.) and register the device in order for it to connect to that particular service.
- I do not think it's possible to use a keyboard with this device. Trying to arrow around the on-screen key-pad with the remote is very tedious. I did a bit of research, hoping to find a wireless keyboard of some type could be connected to the device, but I haven't found that to be the case yet. It does have software to link an Android tablet to it for input, but I do not own a tablet running Android at this time.