- Brand Name: Sony
- Model Number: Blu-Ray Disc Smart Player
- Color: Black
Sony Blu-Ray DVD Player with Full HD 1080p Playback, DVD Upscaling to Near-HD Quality, Front USB Slot, Online Connectivity via LAN, Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, Hulu & More, Dolby TrueHD & DTS-HD Decoding, High Definition Audio Support, IP Noise Reduction, Child Lock Feature, Black Finish
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Blu-ray Disc Full HD 1080p Playback DVD Upscaling to Near-HD Quality
- Internet Video Streaming Instantly stream a wide variety of online movies, videos, TV shows, and music from Netflix, YouTube, HuluPlus, Pandora, and more
- Front-Panel USB Port Share your videos or photos on the big screen or listen to your favorite music. Simply connect your digital camera, USB-enabled MP3 player, or USB storage device
- Dolby and DTS-HD Audio Support Dolby TrueHD and dts-HD (Master Audio and High Resolution Audio) codecs reproduces high definition sound with 7.1 channels of discrete audio so you can enjoy uncompromised audio
- A/V Playback Formats - Video BD-ROM, BD-RE, BD-R, DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW - Audio - CD, CD-R, CD-RW, SACD
Customers Also Shopped For
Blu-ray Disc Full HD 1080p playback
Enjoy Blu-ray Disc movies in brilliant high-definition resolution3 or upscale the quality of your DVDs to near HD
Internet Video Streaming
Instantly stream a wide variety of online movies, videos, TV shows, and music from Netflix, YouTube, HuluPlus, Pandora, and more
Dolby and DTS-HD Audio Support
If you have a 7.1 channel A/V receiver, get ready to experience stellar sound. This disc player is able to internally decode Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD (Master Audio and High Resolution Audio) or output bitstream via HDMI. These lossless codecs reproduce high definition sound with 7.1 channels of discrete audio so you can enjoy uncompromised sound for your movies
Front Panel USB Input
Share your videos or photos on the big screen or listen to your favorite music. Simply connect your digital camera, USB-enabled MP3 player, or USB storage device
I/P Noise Reduction
Improve the picture quality of Internet entertainment and enjoy crisp, clear images on your HDTV thanks to the unit's interlaced-to-progressive noise reduction
Online Connectivity via LAN
Connect the Blu-ray Player to your existing network using the LAN terminal on the player. This gives you access to streaming services and bonus content to enhance your entertainment experience
Parental Control of Playback
If you have youngsters, you'll appreciate the Parental Control function -- playback of BD-ROM discs, DVD video, and Internet videos can be limited according to the age of users
Conveniently operate and control other BRAVIA Sync compatible devices -- including BRAVIA HDTVs, Blu-ray disc players, surround sound systems, Handycam camcorders and Cyber-shot digital still cameras, all with one remote control when connected via HDMI
Top Customer Reviews
I would have given this device five stars, except I have two complaints.
- the documentation included was insufficient to get it set up completely. I had to go online to get the additional information I needed. If you get one of these devices, have a tablet or laptop, etc., nearby when you set it up, you will need it. Not just for the extra info, but you also need to go to each media site you subscribe to (Netflix, Hulu, etc.) and register the device in order for it to connect to that particular service.
- I do not think it's possible to use a keyboard with this device. Trying to arrow around the on-screen key-pad with the remote is very tedious. I did a bit of research, hoping to find a wireless keyboard of some type could be connected to the device, but I haven't found that to be the case yet. It does have software to link an Android tablet to it for input, but I do not own a tablet running Android at this time.
and it really was a big disappointment. But this product really delivers
... or should I say, "So far, So good!" I feel very comfortable with this
purchase. Highly recommend it.
You can't get local TV stations with this device but if you have a good HDTV antenna or can make one as told on many U tube videos this may not be a concern.
Netflix and Hulu can cost you monthly but you won't have to pay $70+ per month for a satellite.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
best blueray player I've owned!! Hasn't broken or slowed down at all! Works like a charm!!Published 10 months ago by Aimee M
Sony ..well it's time to upgrade your OS....make it faster and better user interface...next generation should be something to look at.Published 19 months ago by David Gaudry
Another Set - It - And - Forget - It Sony equipment Plays all the formats that I've tried so far... Also Web accessiblePublished on January 31, 2014 by Joturnpyk
Sony is a great product with a great reputation. The product looks great and is compact enough to hide if necessary.Published on October 18, 2013 by Ken Aries
it did not work. I had to return it. The loading tray would not open so I was unable to load, then I had to pay 17. Read morePublished on October 7, 2013 by Jo Ann Leyva
I received the unit and now see that the model number is a BDP-S185 - which you can find at a lower price on Amazon other than this vendor. Read morePublished on June 17, 2013 by Steve H.