Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Sony Extra Bass Bluetooth Headphones, Best Wireles..." and save 69% off the $79.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4-Year Home AV Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Sony Extra Bass Bluetooth Headphones, Best Wireless Sports Earbuds with Mic/ Microphone, IPX4 Splashproof Stereo Comfort Gym Running Workout up to 8.5 hour battery, blue
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Enjoy Bluetooth wireless connectivity with NFC one-touch pairing
- Listen longer with 8.5 hours of playback
- Built-in microphone for hands-free calls
- Splash-proof design that’s ready for rain or sweat
- Wrap-around headband for free movement
- Available in Red, Blue and Black
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Enjoy Bluetooth Wireless Connectivity with NFC
Connect easily to your favorite devices via Bluetooth with NFC for easy one-touch pairing with compatible devices.
Listen longer with up to 8.5 hours of playback
Never worry about having to finish a workout or run without music thanks to the built-in rechargeable battery with up to 8.5 hours of battery life.
Make or take calls on the go
Stay in touch wherever you are with a built-in microphone for hands-free phone calls.
Ready for rain and sweat
With an IPX4 splashproof design, you can wear these headphones while running in light rain or sitting around the pool. And they’re also highly sweat resistant, so you can work out without compromising comfort.
Wrap-around headband for free movement
Enjoy the freedom to move with a secure wrap-around headset. Designed to fit comfortably to your head, this lightweight headset stays in place, so you can run, jump and train harder. Supplied arc supports provide additional security, so you won't need to worry about losing your earbuds mid-jog.
|Type||Extra Bass On-ear||Extra Bass In-ear||Extra Bass In-ear Sport||Extra Bass On-ear||Extra Bass In-ear Sport||Extra Bass In-ear|
|Battery Life||30 Hrs||9 Hrs||8.5 Hrs||N/A (wired operation only)||N/A (wired operation only)||N/A (wired operation only)|
|Driver Size||30 mm||12 mm||12 mm||30 mm||12 mm||12 mm|
|Wireless Functionality||Bluetooth/NFC||Bluetooth/NFC||Bluetooth/NFC||N/A (wired operation only)||N/A (wired operation only)||N/A (wired operation only)|
|Water Resistant/Splash Proof||No||No||Yes (IPX4)||No||Yes (IPX5/IPX7)||No|
|Extra Bass On/Off||Always On||Always On||Always On||Always On||Always On||Always On|
|Wired Operation||No||No||No||Yes (wired only)||Yes (wired only)||Yes (wired only)|
Sony MDRXB50BS/L Wireless, In-Ear, Sports Headphone, Blue Enjoy Bluetooth wireless connectivity with NFC one-touch pairing|Listen longer with 8.5 hours of playback|Built-in microphone for hands-free calls|Splash-proof design that's ready for rain or sweat|Wrap-around headband for free movement|Available in Red, Blue and Black STD WLS SPORTS IN EAR BLUE
Top customer reviews
1. Sennheiser PX-100 II (Used to be my go-to headphones during travel due to their portability)
2. Sennheiser OCX 685i Sports in-ear headphones (Used to be the headphones I use during workouts)
3. Audio Technica ATH-M50x (Brilliant reference headphones for quiet listening sessions)
4. SOL Republic Tracks (The best bass heavy pair of headphones I owned that just made me enjoy music by giving an in-the-club feeling)
5. Sony MDR-AS800AP Active Sports headphones (I tried these based on the Wirecutter review and can surely say that they replaced the Sennheiser OCX 685i as my go-to sports and workout headphones)
The Sony MDR-AS800AP became my favorite pair overall because they were in-ear, easy to carry, had the most amazing sound profile with good bass, slightly recessed mids, and good treble - essentially a slight V sound profile that I like and helps me keep pumping during workouts. Unfortunately, my brother took those from me which is when my search for the next best pair started. I wanted to try various bluetooth headphones but didn't want another piece of hardware to charge regularly on top of my phone, smartwatch, tablet, Surface etc.
However, based on my need and after reading many reviews I finally bit the bullet and tried the JayBird X2 Sport Wireless Headphones and the JLab Audio Epic 2 Wireless headphones. I was hugely disappointed by both of them, coming from the Sonys. The JayBird X2's had a very sharp V sound profile and were not loud enough with no mid-bass at all that balanced the sound out. On the other hand, the JLab Epic 2 had a decent sound profile but was marred by the continuous disconnection and skipping of tracks even when my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7) was in my pocket. I felt as if the jump to bluetooth headphones wasn't warranted right now.
I checked on the Sony website and found that they had released 3 new pairs of bluetooth headphones: MDR-XB50BS, MDR-XB80BS, and the MDR-XB70BT. I might be the probable first customer on Amazon to have ordered these headphones and had high hopes for them based on my previous experience with Sony Sport headphones. And boy - did they deliver! These bluetooth headphones are fantastic, to say the least. Their sound profile is similar (and maybe a tad better) than the MDR-AS800AP. The extra bass feature is actually there and delivers oodles of oomph, maybe even more so than the AS800AP. It's definitely a V sound profile but I listened to a few vocal tracks and found nothing to complain of. The treble and bass shine while not sacrificing the mids at all. These are definitely going to help me go that extra length during my workouts.
Also, I tested the connectivity on these and it's nowhere like the JLab Epic 2's. I roamed about in my apartment and there was no skipping or stuttering of music. Voice calls were clear and loud too with the person on the other side not finding anything to complain about the quality of my voice. The headphones come with 4 pairs of earbuds and 3 arc supporters to help find the perfect fit and unlike the behind-the-ear type of sport headphones (which tend to dislodge the earbud from the ear canal and therefore have to be readjusted every few minutes), stay put even while running, jumping rope, doing push-ups, or bench presses. They are comfortable and I wore them for 3-4 hours straight without any discomfort.
I would be conducting some battery run-time tests soon but for now, I must say - Sony has once again blown me over with this product. It sounds wonderful, is comfortable, fits well in the ear, has amazing clarity for voice calls, has a good bluetooth connectivity range and has totally changed my outlook on good wireless, sport headphones. I would recommend them whole-heartedly to anyone who is looking for a great pair of wireless sport headphones.
1. The battery level is displayed next to the battery status of your phone on an Iphone (upper right hand corner of the screen).
2. Sound is excellent. The extra bass is noticeable and helps to block ambient noise despite not being noise-cancelling headphones.
3. Easy to connect and pair with Iphone. I paired them once and they connect automatically as soon as I turn them on within range of my phone.
4. Bluetooth range is great in my experience. I have never experienced an issue while walking around my gym.