Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(1 star, Verified Purchases). See all 66 reviews
on January 1, 2011
Sony only gives 1-year warranty. Screen crapped out after 2 years. Went on YouTube and found a bunch of other people had experienced same problem. I'll never buy another Sony TV again. That's all I've bought for 40 years. Apparently, they are becoming Americanized and planning obsolescence earlier than we do. The new TVs require extended warranties I guess. All the other TVs have worked for 20 years.
on November 22, 2009
Bought this tv a year or so ago and quickly got rid of it. The picture was grainy. SD channels looked like crap. HD was passable but I found there are better tvs out there. Currently using a 42" Panasonic 720P plasma and couldn't be happier. Do yourself a favor. Either pick up a plasma from Panasonic or an LCD from Samsung. you can find deals on Panasonic Plasmas all year round. Samsungs do go on sale from time to time but their sale prices are higher than Sony sale prices in my experience. But, again its totally worth it. Anyone who claims this tv has great picture is blindly giving a good review because it is a SONY.
on February 13, 2009
For the first 6 months we couldn't have been happier with this set. Suddenly one day last week something went very wrong with the picture, cloudy vertical lines, picture bouncing around, totally unacceptable. We understand that these things happen and called Sony for repair. To our surprise it's been a very bad situation dealing with Sony's customer service. Sony has become one of those companies that will bounce your call all over the world. We called for a replacement set 3 days ago (which took forever I might add) and I called today to find out when our replacement would ship. Let me also add that we were told our replacement set will not be new, it will be a refurbished set. When I placed the second call to find out when the refurbished replacement set would ship, I experienced multiple transfers and multiple holds - you probably know the game. I found some satisfaction when I was finally trasferred (maybe my 4th transfer?)to the computer repair center in San Diego, CA - who still couldn't provide me with a shipping date or a tracking number. I was told to call back to San Diego - to the computer repair dept.- for that later today. We'll see. I need to add that the customer service dept.in San Diego were very kind and professional and told me that they would indeed send me a new set. Still, I would advise anyone looking at this set to consider the quality of customer service you're expecting should something go wrong in the future. Sorry Sony, we've had a lifelong relationship but I'm afraid it's time for me to move on.
on July 17, 2008
Item was lost by (stolen from) delivery service and order canceled. Bought similar item locally from Best Buy.
77 comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.