Sony 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC R40 Memory Card (SR32UYA/TQMN) (OLD MODEL)
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Up to 40MB/s transfer speed
- File rescue downloadable software helps recover photos and videos that have been accidentally damaged or deleted
- Micro SDHC UHS-1 Memory cards have been tested to achieve high levels of reliability and data integrity
- Micro SDHC UHS-1 Memory cards are water proof and are designed to perform under a wide range of operating temperatures
- Compatible with Micro SDHC devices
- Expands the storage on tablets and mobile devices
- Includes supplied adapter for use in SDHC compatible devices
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Sandisk Ultra 32GB Micro SDHC UHS-I Card with Adapter - 98MB/s U1 A1 - SDSQUAR-032G-GN6MA
Sony 64GB Micro SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card (SR64UY2A/TQ)
SanDisk Ultra 32GB microSDHC UHS-I Card with Adapter, Grey/Red, Standard Packaging (SDSQUNC-032G-GN6MA)
Sony SR-32UY3A/GT High Speed 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC UHS-I Memory Card up to 90MB/ s with Adapter
SanDisk Extreme 32GB microSDHC UHS-3 Card - SDSQXAF-032G-GN6MA [Newest Version]
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Blue Point||Amazon.com||Focus Camera- Same Day Shipping||Amazon.com||CamHouse||Amazon.com|
|RAM Size||32 GB||32 GB||64 GB||32 GB||32 GB||32 GB|
|Digital Storage Capacity||32 GB||32 GB||64 GB||32 GB||32 GB||32 GB|
|Flash Memory Type||microsdhc||microsdhc||MicroSDXC||MicroSDHC||—||—|
|Item Dimensions||4.17 x 0.02 x 5.9 in||0.43 x 0.59 x 0.04 in||3.27 x 0.16 x 5.32 in||0.04 x 0.59 x 0.43 in||5.3 x 3.3 x 0.2 in||0.04 x 0.43 x 0.59 in|
|Item Weight||—||0.49 ounces||—||0.18 ounces||0.32 ounces||0.16 ounces|
|Memory Storage Capacity||32 GB||32 GB||64 GB||32 GB||32 GB||32 GB|
|Secure Digital Association Speed Class||Class 10||Class 10||Class 10||Class 10||Class 10||—|
Sony high speed microSDHC Memory Cards are designed to expand your storage and deliver the speed you need to capture fast action photos and video. The cards are compatible with devices from Sony, Motorola, Samsung, LG and more and are available with transfer speeds of up to 40MB/s1.
Up to 40MB/s Ttransfer Speed1
Provides fast and easy photo and video transfer.
Available in 4 Capacities
Available in a variety of capacities, microSDHC is great for data transfer and backup across devices.
Expand Your Options
Use microSDHC cards to expand your storage on phones and tablets, to enjoy more content like games and apps, and easily transfer photos or video to your PC.
File Rescue Downloadable Software2
File Rescue downloadable software helps recover photos and videos that have been accidentally damaged or deleted.
High Levels of Reliability and Data Integrity3
Shoot with confidence knowing you have protective features such as waterproof, temperature-proof and more.
Supplied Adaptor for Compatibility
The supplied adaptor makes microSD easy to use with all your devices
|High Capacity Storage4||Recording Time|
|Capacity||# of photos (18 megapixels)||High Definition (5 Mbps)||High Definition (28 Mbps)|
|8GB||1,200||3 hours 15 minutes||35 minutes|
|16GB||2,400||6 hours 20 minutes||1 hour 15 minutes|
|32GB||4,800||12 hours 50 minutes||2 hours 30 minutes|
|64GB5||9,600||25 hours 45 minutes||5 hours 5 minutes|
1. Based on Sony testing. Transfer speeds dependent on host hardware.
2. File Rescue downloadable software available at www.sony.net/memorycard. Does not support data recovery for Content Protected and Game Data files. Not all data may be recoverable.
3. Based on Sony internal testing. Actual performance may vary based on environmental conditions and usage. Waterproof certified to IEC 60529 IPX7 standard. Can operate in temperatures between -13 degrees Fahrenheit (25 degrees Celsius) and 185 degrees Fahrenheit (85 degrees Celsius).
4. Video recording time is based on using a digital camcorder in 5 Mbps and 28 Mbps AVCHD settings. Number of photos (JPEG) images is based on using a digital still camera in 18 megapixel setting. Figures of the recordable photos and video hours may vary depending on models being used and shooting settings. The figures shown on chart are independent from each other; this card will not be able to store these quantities simultaneously.
5. 64GB card can only be used with microSDXC compatible hardware products.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I tested this Sony card using several benchmark programs, including CrystalDiskMark v3.01, Flash Memory Toolkit v2.0, and H2testw v1.4. See the pictures I uploaded to 'Customer Images' section for benchmark details. Here is a summary of my results:
- The Sony UHS-1 card delivered an amazing Sequential Write speed of 20.75MB/s. In comparison, the SanDisk Ultra UHS-1 microSDHC Card SDSDQUA-032G-U46A only delivered 12.6MB/s in the same test. So although both cards are marketed as 'class-10', the Sony card is 65% faster than the Sandisk one.
- The sequential Read speed was measured at 35MB/s, which is actually limited by the USB2.0 port I used. With a USB3.0 port I expect it to read much faster. (The card is advertised as '40MB/s') <-- [See update below]
- The Random Write speed of smaller files (1MB-15MB each) is equally impressive at around 20MB/s. In contrast, most other cards give much slower Random Write speed than Sequential Write speed. Random Write speed is especially important when the card is used in a digital camera, for example.
The Sony UHS1 card is faster than all my other microSDHC cards except for the Lexar microSDHC 300x UHS-I Card LSDMI32GBBNL300R. The two are actually neck-and-neck in performance, but the Lexar costs over twice as much. Currently both Sony and Sandisk UHS1 microSDHC cards are available at nearly identical prices, so the Sony card is definitely the best value.
- The capacity of this '32GB' card, as reported by my computer, is just 29.5GB. This is actually normal because computer people count one 'Gig' as "2 to the power 30", which is 7.3% larger than one billion. So 29.5GB come to about 31.7 billion bytes, which is rounded up to '32GB' by marketing people.
- The card comes formated in 'FAT32'. If you want to store video file greater than 4GB, you need to reformat it to 'exFET'.
- The actual microSDHC card is made in Taiwan, but on the SD-adapter it says "Made in China" which may be confusing.
- On the package there is an offer to download a free "Memory Card File Rescue" program from Sony web site. I don't see it as very useful since it allegedly does not work with non-Sony memory cards.
[Update on Dec 26, 2013]
I re-tested this Sony microSDHC card on an USB 3.0 port. The sequential Read speed jumped from 34.8MB/s to 47.3MB/s, which is better than the advertised '40MB/s'. The Sequential Write speed remains virtually uncharged at 20.6MB/s.
I take very good care of my memory cards and technology for that matter. This I believe is the first time I've ever had a drive become corrupted. Luckily I was able to use a scanning program to gather the corrupted pictures off this card. I thing I was able to retrieve 600/620.. if it was a complete failure I would have awarded 1 star.
Now I'm not sure how often this happens to other people and I could also equate this up to the closing of the mercury retrograde, when most tech/communication problems happen. I just wish it wouldn't have happened after a photo shoot for someone's engagement pictures...
Maybe you do get what you pay for, micro sd wise..
-Very fast (see below)
-Lots of memory (see below)
-Brand name we trust
-Not all THAT fast
-64 GB = lie
-Packaging is hard to open
-NO case to hold card, easy to lose
This is a high speed and high capacity memory card perfect for a new phone or tablet. Because there is no way for me to describe the speed in technical aspects I will just say that it works well and you may not even notice that you are using a memory card at all. I did one test that I know in order to determine speed which is to transfer an app to the card. The 66 MB app seemed to take as long to transfer on this card as a slower card did so don't expect your phone to be blazing fast as a result of installing.
Now, on to the underwhelming news. First of all, 64 GB is a complete and total lie. Now, I am sure that a computer person will say that the number does not refer to the usable memory but I am an advocate for truth in advertising. And, when you use a 64 GB card, you expect 64 GB of memory available. Instead, this card gives you 58.42 GB installed, formatted, nothing on it. Rather depressing.
Next, the packaging is horrendous and I almost broke and then lost the tiny card opening the slender cardboard/ plastic wrapping. Time for a new 'eco' concept manufacturers. Along those lines, while the card comes with an adapter in case you don't have a micro SD slot (I do), there is no case to hold the adapter which I used to get with memory cards. Sounds like cutting corners to save money along the same lines as not giving us a true 64 GB.