Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 55 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 55 reviews
VINE VOICEon January 9, 2014
The Vita, unfortunately, requires 1.5 Amps to charge which renders most dual USB car chargers useless since they generate about 1 Amp per USB port. That said, since I needed to get a charger that handled more, I figured I'd just go with Sony's model rather than going with a dual-charge model with a dubious build that could potentially do it...I'm glad I did.

The charger is solidly built and doesn't have any loose "play" in the charger; it goes in for a snug connection. I used it recently on a 6-hour trip to California and it was perfect for the entire journey. I've had dual-chargers not fit quite as well and rather than play the game of trying multiple non-brand units until something worked, I'm glad that I stuck with Sony's model.

While I wish that I could charge 2 things at once, I'm just glad that I can charge the Vita when I need to and since our mini-van has more than one adapter, it works well enough for us.
on June 7, 2015
This is absolutely necessary to someone constantly on the road. Just use the cord that comes with your vita, plug it into this and get to charging. I have had no issues with this within the last 6 months and use it constantly as I am always on the road.
on February 27, 2017
My son definitely likes the car adaptor as it allows him to charge his PS VITA on long road trips to ensure its ready. The adapter came in the original Sony packaging. No issues with this product yet.
on January 3, 2017
Seems very sturdy and clicks into my cigarette lighter tightly. It charges my PS Vita as well as other devices through a usb cable (so far I have tried charging an iphone 5 and it worked great).
on March 2, 2016
A must have.
on December 7, 2012
The car adaptor for the ps vita its great, i bought a separate usb cable and i keep these in my car when i travel and i take my ps vita with me, works like a charm.. Buy it you won't regret it..
on July 26, 2012
The 1.5A output makes this charger ideal for multiple mobile electronic devices besides the PS Vita. You can use it to charge iPads, iPhone 4 and 4S, and also the PS Vita Portable Charger. Because it can charge at up to 1.5 amps, this charger will be compatible with virtually all mobile electronics that use USB ports. Many DC in-car chargers only deliver 1 amp or less which will not charge many of the newest devices because these devices draw more current than the charger can deliver.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2014
Great for charging the vita on the go but nothing else. This makes it a tad inconvenient in my opinion. The design prevents other usb cables from fitting into the usb port on the charger.
on April 23, 2017
Came in great condition
on December 17, 2013
Great charger for the Vita if you've got a road trip coming up. I've tried using other USB car chargers and none of them seemed to work, so I bought the sony brand and it works fine. You can also charge anything else that is USB chargeable.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question