Other Sellers on Amazon
& FREE Shipping on eligible orders. Details
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3 Year Camera Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
Sony ZV-1 Camera for Content Creators, Vlogging and YouTube with Flip Screen and Microphone
|With Deal:||$698.00 & FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$100.00 (13%)|
|Model Name||Sony ZV-1 Camera for Content Creators and Vloggers|
|Item Weight||294 Grams|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Fast Hybrid AF, Real Time Eye-AF3 and Real-time AF tracking
- Quickly switch between two modes of defocused background bokeh
- Product showcase setting transitions focus from face to object
- Face priority AE keeps faces bright in backlit or dim condition
- What's in the box: Rechargeable battery pack (NP-BX1), Micro USB cable, wind screen, wind screen adaptor, strap
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Recreate the world in your image
The ZV-1 is designed to bring together simplicity and power, opening up creative opportunities as wide as your imagination.
Built to vlog
The ZV-1 design makes creating outstanding selfie and vlog content easy. Right down to the last detail, the ZV-1 is all about empowering you to make inspirational content.
Sony ZV-1 Camera for Content Creators and Vloggers, packed with advanced imaging technology and easy-to-use functionality.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
*DO NOT get this camera if your main interest is still photographs. If you want still photographs then the DSLR is what you want. This camera has the added perk of taking photos, but the main focus of this is video content sharing.
*The highlight of this camera is the ease of use. You really don't need to know technical things like which aperture to choose, which ISO or shutter speed, it does everything for you. It has auto focus (which is much better than on DSLRs) and the flip screen makes it easy to monitor yourself while you're recording.
*The size of this makes it far superior to a DSLR. This thing is *tiny* and so lightweight. If you get the accessory kit with the wireless grip/tripod, you are good to go. This is especially good if you vlog while walking or need to be active when speaking to the camera.
*Has slow-mo capability, time-lapse, bluetooth and wifi.
*Benefits over just a regular 'ol smartphone: The image sensor on this is much bigger and better. With image sensors, the adage is "the bigger the better" which is why DSLR cameras have such an advantage (but they're also too big to lug around) This makes your image quality much higher. The microphone on this is also way better too. (With the DSLR, you would need to buy a separate mic.) You are free to buy a separate mic with this camera as well but the mic that it comes with is pretty good right out of the box.
*Things that could be improved: The software it comes with is rather limited. Especially for editing videos, though on the plus side, you may not need to do too much editing if you are the type that just does your vlogging in one continuous take.
*The lenses are built in/ not interchangeable. This is good in that you have everything you need at all times, but bad if you scratched/cracked your lens you would need to buy a whole new camera.
*There's no flash - this shouldn't be an issue for vloggers though. Just wanted to mention in case someone was still thinking of getting this solely for still photography.
*The battery life was middling. It wasn't great but I've seen other cameras perform worse. If you feel like you're going to be having long sessions, I would consider getting a second battery just in case.
Overall, I think this is a great and versatile camera for those who vlog or create video content. The price is higher so you can buy a DSLR at this price point, however if you're not into technical things or would rather something more user friendly then this is definitely the route to take.
- Having a compact option with a decently fast lens. The lens could be wider, it could be longer. There's a lot of could haves. Why not ask for a 12-500 mm lens? For what it is, it's a good compromise, has a decent enough range and fast lens, which is needed for a 1" sensor. The 24-200 would've been too slow to shoot indoors without an external light.
- The front flip screen. It makes talking head videos easier to shoot, putting it on a tripod and still having a hot/cold shoe for an external mic or a light source is fantastic.
- Button layout. Having a record button, having a tally light are great.
- I would've loved to see a better use of a touch screen interface. Canon has it right for the most part, Sony could be much better.
- I would've loved to have a mode dial and/or more front dials. But given a choice between what we have in the ZV-1 or a larger body/more expensive model, I'm ok with what we have.
Things to note
No, the stabilization is not the best. On standard it's not great. On active it's better but crops in. This is why I say for certain types of vlogging, like on a tripod or talking head video it's fine. If you're expecting to walk around and talk to yourself, you'll want to invest in a gimbal. No, the battery isn't the best. Luckily they're tiny and you can find plenty of generic options. No, you don't get a charger in the box. Most cameras these days are not shipping with one. No you won't get the ultra thin depth of field from this, it's a 1" sensor, there are limitations.
For the price, the size, the features, it's the best option that I've found at the present time. It's not perfect, but any camera enthusiast will tell you that there isn't. It's about weighing the positives and the negatives and find the one with the most plusses and the least amount of negatives for your needs. Think about it, if the perfect camera existed, you'd have no compelling reason to upgrade to the next model, so in a way you have to think that manufacturers intentionally withhold a little here and a little there.
Top reviews from other countries
El tamaño es muy bueno, no necesitas una maleta extra para transportarla.
Es muy sencilla de utilizar y las funciones automatizadas para el desenfoque y presentación de producto funcionan muy bien.
La pila en verdad le dura muy poco. Lo bueno es que la puedes conectar directo a la luz o a una batería externa.
Si no te quieres complicar en el uso y gastar más en lentes o preocuparte si configuras bien los parámetros es la ideal.