Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 241 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 277 reviews
on March 22, 2012
Camera is compact and light weight. It has all the basic features you would need for great pictures and it is fairly easy to use. I was able to play with it for less than 5 minutes and have all the controls figured out without looking at a manual. The battery life seems great as I just got back from a week long vacation and after snapping over 150 photos I still have almost a full battery. I am also very impressed with how great my pictures turned out, vivid colors and great contrast.
66 comments| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 9, 2014
The seller of this cameral told me that it was new but wasn't in it's box and worked great so I got a good deal on it. It didn't work at all. I bought a new card for it as it didn't come with one. He refunded what I paid for the camera but I asked him if he would refund what I paid for the card that I purchased at Best Buy and he said yes so I sent that back to him as well and he kept the card but only refunded me what I paid for the camera and not for the card so I was out close to $20 plus my time and effort to go to Best Buy and the post office.
on May 16, 2013
I purchased two of these cameras, one for my fiancee and one for myself. We both wanted something that we can always take with us. This camera fits in a men's dress shirt pocket and is completely concealed. We have used these cameras for the past six months and they have produced amazing pictures. We are both extremely happy with these little photographic wonders.

I own three cameras ... this one...an Olympus XZ-1 ... and a Nikon D7000 DSLR, and I use all three ...mostly the DSLR whenever I can.

This camera gets 5 stars for the following reasons and considering that it is a pocket camera (not a DSLR ;-) - digital single lens reflex camera):

1) The size of the camera is only 3.8 inches x 2.2 inches with a 3" back review LCD screen (230k dots resolution, awesome for this little wonder) and less than an inch thin (0.8") with control elements that even a grown man can reasonably operate. So very compact but well designed elements.

2) The camera has 16.1 MP and has outstanding Carl Zeiss optics (5x optical zoom).
Carl Zeiss optics are flawless in quality, and without the optics nothing else matters. That this camera has such a high quality lens is a great sign of what's behind the lens. The lens is image stabilized.

Lens Type : Carl Zeiss® Vario-Tessar®
Optical Zoom : 5x
Focal Length (35mm equivalent) : Still 16:9: 28-140mm / Still 4:3: 25-125mm / Movie 16:9: 29-145mm(SteadyShot Standard), 30-150mm(SteadyShot Active) / Movie 4:3: 35-175mm(SteadyShot Standard), f=37-185mm(SteadyShot Active)
Lens Construction : 6 elements in 5 groups (including 3 aspheric elements)
Minimum Focus Distance : iAuto:AF(W:Approx..5cm(0.16') to Infinity, T:Approx.100cm(3.28') to Infinity) / Program Auto:AF(W:Approx..5cm(0.16') to Infinity, T:Approx.100cm(3.28') to Infinity)
Aspheric Elements : 3
Steady Shot Mode:Active : Yes

Regarding the 16.1 MP image sensor. I shoot this sony with 10MP resolution because I don't like to deal with huge files and it makes little difference to my perceived quality of this image from this camera. However the results from this camera are truly outstanding. You can produce a good looking 20" X 30" poster from this 10MP image, so with 16.1 MP full resolution you will get all you ever need for casual photography ( for what this camera is really meant for). The resolution is adjustable with the easy to use menu screen: 16.1 MP, 10MP, 5MP (straight uploadable resolution to Facebook), VGA resolution (640x480 pixels for direct computer screen for a blog for example) all in 4:3 aspect ratio. You can also choose wide screen shooting modes (aspect ratio 16:9) in these resolutions: 12 MP and 2 MP.
So really plenty of options to adjust to your needs/preferences.

3) The camera can be operated in different camera modes including P (for most manual control):
Intelligent Auto (works great), Program Auto (most control for the user), Picture Effect (for the instant artist ;-), 4 modes ), and scene mode (11 scene modes wow).

a) Intelligent Auto: This is my main mode to use this camera for plain fun snap shots without having to think. This camera is great in focusing, choosing modes and getting the best picture for you most of the time and instantly. In iAuto you get to further select EASY mode (simplified menu and larger font for the true point and shooter who just rather not deal with anything except take a great picture), image resolution, single shooting or continous shooting (1 fps up to 100 shots), EV (exposure correction -2.0 to +2.0) basically to adjust image brightness, iScene auto and advanced,smile detection sensitivity (three settings),Face detection (off,auto,child priority,adult priority,in camera guide,operation settings menu (time,date,sounds).
b) Program Auto: this gives you more choices for those more familiar with photography. It is actually quite amazing to me how many cool features have been carried from advanced photography into this one-click-wonder. same controls as in a) above but in addition these... ISO settings: Auto, 80,100,200,400,800,1600,3200; White Balance: Auto,Daylight,Cloudy,Fluorescent 1,2,3, Incandescent,Flash,One Push and One Push Set (for custom white balance, cool!); Auto Focus: Multi AF,Center AF,Spot AF; Metering Mode: Multi,Center,Spot; DRO (recovering of tones in image): Off,standard,plus;
c) Picture effect: I haven't used these...you can do it with photoshop etc, but why bother with complex software as a poin and shooter with these fun features?! ...and instant gratification with Toy Camera: shoot images with the effect of a toy camera ... i guess it sounds like a toy camera (the shutter release haha) ... Pop effect: shoot images in pop and colorful colors ... Partial color: shoots dramatic images coloring only the extracted colors (extract red, green, blue, yellow)...like a red rose in a black and white pic ...sweet...Soft High key Effect: shootswarm fresh photos emphasizing the bright areas.

4) It takes amazing video (i didn't buy it for video, but it does do a great job) but hey I take it and it is a bonus to me.
Video Format : MP4(AVC/H.264)
Video Mode : 1280x720(Fine)(1,280x720/30fps)/1280x720(Standard)(1,280x720/30fps)/VGA(640x480/30fps)
Audio Format : AAC
Microphone/Speaker : Mono/mono

That sums up my reasons why I consider this a great 5 star camera and a fantastic buy for ANYONE.

This is a complete one-click-wonder and may become even a serious photographers little angel in the pocket (it is for me for sure) ... because the best camera is the one you have with you ... and if it has to fit in a pocket, this definitely the best!
77 comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2017
Have had this camera sitting around for years now...stopped using it. I wish I had never bought it. Battery door latch broke with normal attentive use. The infinity focus on the lens is bad....I prefer to use an earlier model Sony that I have which has a better lens imo than to touch this (I was so satisfied with my previous model which was the reason was why I trusted to buy this) - never again - wasted my cash.... will be very wary of Sony camera products in the future.
on September 2, 2016
I am quite disappointed with the pucture quality of this camera. I have owned othe point and shoot cameras and they have taken pictures that were far better.
on July 1, 2013
For the price this camera is top notch. I bought this camera because I needed one for college, so was only interested in cheap and easy cameras. I have had it for over a year now and can honestly say it was definitely worth it. Takes clear and clean images. Has a variety of in camera options and picture affects. I have received lots of praise for some of the images Ive taken and would not consider myself a photographer. the video recording is simple, nothing special you can do with the video settings just record in 720 p fine or standard. The still images Is primarily what this camera was designed for, but the video resolution is great for recording everyday events. Would recommend this to first time buyers of digital cameras as it is cheap and easy to use. Sony is always making great products.
on January 8, 2014
It has everything for an amateur photographer, even in automatic mode, if you prefer it that way. Or you can turn off the automatic functions and manage those functions by your self.
It has Carl Zeiss lens and that makes a difference. I have a friend with almost the same camera but with Sony lens and I can notice how colors and details are shaper in this camera.
Also, because of its reduce size and weight, it's perfect for travelers (even if you have to be careful not to let it fall). However, I've had that accident a couple of times, and the camera is strong enough to survive just with some scratches.
on August 5, 2014
The camera takes pretty good pics, not the best though, for some reason the auto focus isn't great especially when trying to capture something that is moving. The picture usually comes out blurry and I've had cameras where the pictures comes out clear even when subject is moving. Overall I'm satisfied because it was inexpensive and pictures do come
out clear and focused when everything is still.
on October 31, 2014
Camera did not work, I did charge it fully before using. Nothing on screen after first few seconds it just went black, lens did not deploy, no "review" function, when the information screen came up it would not accept any input onto date setting function or change screen to anything else.
It has been returned to you, accepted and I have notice of my refund.
I am disappointed as it was to replace my previous one that I loved, quit working.
I am very happy with Amazon's service. Thank you.
on December 26, 2015
Love this camera!!! Easy to use, and takes amazing pictures!!!!😊 Love the soft skin feature!! Makes your skin so flawless!!! Takes away the wrinkles too!!! Way to go Sony!!!!😊
Thanks for a great product!!! Would recommend this camera highly!!!
Lori M.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.