Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Shawn Colvin All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on May 24, 2014
Previously had the DSC TX10, was damaged so I ordered this one as an upgrade to what I had. Does all it claims to do and very similar operation to the previous.
My only problem is I thought I ordered the camera in blue as pictured but it showed up in black. Due to an upcoming vacation I had no time to return prior leaving on our trip. It's only a small inconvenience and doesn't affect the operations at all, just harder to find when I lay it down somewhere or put it in my black pacpack.
on July 6, 2013
bought this for a trip to hawaii - i was nervous about the whole underwater thing but it worked great! it even still functions after being attached to my wrist as a wave took me down and tossed me about - interestingly, it took a couple shots during that as well - kind of scary looking! i have not yet tried it underwater again since then, as I think there's still some sand in it and want to make sure it's all cleared out so it seals well.

took beautiful pictures while snorkeling and on land. at the end of one long day with lots of photos, the battery did start to run down and performance dropped off quite a bit in terms of responsiveness. love the panorama, though it's apparent that I was a little shaky on some of them....there might be a way to correct for this that i haven't learned of yet.

overall, it was a great deal and a great small vacation camera.
on January 14, 2013
I really love this camera. It takes excellent underwater pics. I got a lot of great manatee pics in Florida! And unlike my previous water camera, it does well above water too. And the video quality is good. The pictures out of water is decent, but zooming all the way in at something far in the distance (like birds in the top of a tree) is just o.k--not great. But then, that's not what this camera is really for or why I bought it. Also, you have to make sure the water droplets are off the lens though or you get a blurry spot. That's operator error. I'm learning. It has a lot of fun features for different types of shots, which I have yet to explore. I mostly used the smart mode, which did great. The only part that frustrated me a little is that the screen was a little touchy and the camera is small, so it's very easy to bump the screen and go into a menu without meaning to. I also highly recommend the Chums camera float, because while this camera is waterproof, it can sink! This is also available on Amazon.
on January 15, 2013
This camera fits perfectly in the palm of your hand and in your pants pocket. It is about the size of a cell phone. The front slides down and the camera turns "on" and is ready to go. Slide the front back up, and the camera is "off". It is auto focus and auto flash. It is that easy to use! Working underwater is an added bonus. We bought this for our daughter who will be at the beach with her band. Teenagers HAVE to take photos of everything it seems and since her phone isn't waterproof, this is the next best thing. The photos are clear and sharp. Definitely worth every penny.
on December 4, 2012
This is our second Cybershot TX underwater camera, and we love it. This new model has considerable improvements over the original. The capacitive touch screen is SO much better than resistive on our older model. This is by far the best family camera we've owned. The waterproof, shockproof design means this goes everywhere the family goes...the beach, pool, jet skiing, wake boarding, kayaking, rafting, zip line in Maui, snowboarding, it's been on all our trip and taken a beating. The best part is that it looks and feels like a normal point and shoot so it blends in during non-extreme events, where a hard-core ruggedized underwater camera would just look ridiculous.

If you are looking for a great all around camera that goes where other cameras (and iPhones) fear to go, this is for you.
on June 16, 2013
I had the TX-10 as my first camera a few years ago, I bought it from Sears on sale and didn't know much about it. It was a fantastic camera, I loved everything about it and would not have traded it for any other camera. 2 years later, it was stolen. But for 2 years I did not so much as consider another camera, it stayed in top condition and never failed me. So when I was in the market recently for a new camera, I shopped around through all the new, fancy cameras, and was underwhelmed. I bought and returned a Nikon coolpix s800c and loved the camera aspect, but nothing else, then nearly bought a nice cannon point and shoot, but finally decided to come back to the TX sony series. I couldn't be happier with my decision! They have revamped it from the old model, the underwater feature is wonderful, even if you're not on vacation, having the option to shoot pictures in the rain is nice. It has all the options in the world if you're meticulous about your pictures, and works extremely well for the lazy photographer when its left on auto. The touch screen is great, no problems at all and much easier than buttons. I love that photos are never blurry! I can take pictures from the car or while I'm walking and they turn out great! I would recommend this camera to anyone-it's the best on the market for its type if you ask me.
on January 24, 2013
I have been searching for this point and shoot for years now. My review won't be very complete as I haven't been in the water with it yet or dropped it from a high height, but the pictures are so clear (even when objects are moving or it's dark). But this is the first camera (out of 4) that I didn't return after about a month!

I love the small size and even though I was hesitant about the touch screen- I am used to it and I actually like it better. I am an iPhone 5 user and although I am not surprised, I find that I am taking a dozen more pics with the Sony because I know they will not only come out great, but they are so worth printing out and putting in frames.

Good luck!
on October 26, 2017
I love this thing. It looks like a regular camera, but it's completely waterproof. I took it all around the world. Many times people were looking at me thinking that I just dropped my camera into the water and destroyed it, just to realize that it's actually water proof. It can handle much dealer than advertised. I took it scuba diving and it worked the whole time.
on December 26, 2014
Had the TX20 for a few years now, and I love it.
It has an elegant clean look and it also performs very well for a compact point and shoot.
So far I haven't had any problems with the water seals as I did with the previous model TX10.
on a Nice Sunny Day, the photo and video quality can rival some DSLR cameras but of course as the lighting conditions decrease so does the photo quality.

However, if you want a Tough Camera for Camping, etc or Even Salt Water Adventures I wouldn't recommend this camera but rather the Nikon AW120. and the reason is because sand does get in between the camera and the cover and it will start to scratch. Also the Side Doors Locks are not as strong as they could be which leaves this camera only good for gentle treatments. Like taking pictures around the pool or the Hottub.

Overall, a great camera.
on January 30, 2013
I'm a helicopter pilot in the Navy and wanted a durable camera to take on deployments that would produce good pictures while standing up to the rigors of life out to sea. Most of the ones I looked at were bulky or awkward looking and then I found this Sony on sale at Amazon and decided it might fit the bill.

First off, the camera itself is beautiful! Very sleek. Because the cover slides shut over the lens, flash, and microphones it slips easily into and out of my pocket so I can carry it with me and never miss a shot. The build quality seems to be extremely high with a very solid feel to the sliding cover.

The pictures it takes are great. I have to say that I'm not a professional photographer by any stretch so I'm probably not nearly as critical about my pictures as some might be. That being said, I have no problems with the results I get from this camera in just about any lighting situation. The plethora of pre-loaded settings and scenes offered by the TX20 mean that I can get the perfect shot every time. The interface of the included PC software makes loading photos to my laptop extremely quick and easy.

Finally, the touchscreen is awesome! Very responsive and puts all of the commands right at my fingertips in an orderly, easy to understand format. I would definitely buy this camera again and recommend it to anyone who's in the market for a tough, beautiful way to take pictures on the go.