Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 31, 2013
I purchased this product from Focus Camera (great seller, by the way), which was fulfilled by Amazon. I love all the features this camera has, and did experiment with them when the camera first arrived. I have a Canon T2i as my primary camera, but as a mom on-the-go, I wanted a small point-and-shoot to carry in my purse at all times to have handy for any and all photo moments. Overall I really like the camera. Its size is unbelievably small and compact. The picture quality is decent for a point-and-shoot. As I mentioned, has many extra "fru-fru" functions (different camera effects) but very little manual control, which was fine for me for my purposes with this camera, but if you're looking for a camera that you can change up ISO, f-stop, shutter speed, etc., this is not the camera. My two major complaints are:

1. The battery/memory card slot door is VERY flimsy. For as much as I open and close that thing, I'm not sure how it will hold up over time. Additionally, the door does not close tightly. I don't know if that's an issue with just mine, or if that's across the board on this camera. I feel like I should loop a rubber band around the camera a few times so it's securely closed.

2. At least 50% of the time when I turn the camera on, it tells me that there's no memory card in the camera when there is. Also, I will sometimes have to press the power button several times in order to get it to turn on or off.

As I said, overall it's a good camera. Not sure if the issues I'm having are exclusive to mine alone or if other owners of the camera have similar issues.
5 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on October 25, 2016
As you can guess, this is light years ahead of phone cameras. Nothing beats optics when it comes to picture quality. I do love the camera in my iPhone 7, but it cannot zoom and had far fewer settings. This camera is a great P&S that will fit into almost any pocket. I take it hiking all the time when I don't want to be bothered with my Sony Alpha gear. It's good enough for photo quality shots without the bulk. Don't kid yourself. No phone will ever match a decent camera.
2 helpful votes
on March 6, 2013
I really, really like this camera. Super fast turn on, WONDERFUL low light shooting. The digital zoom was ridiculously clear. But the battery door didn't sit flush with the camera and I felt like it was going to snag on something and break off. I contacted Sony, and they advised a return. I sent it back, but will be buying another with the hopes that this was just a manufacturing fluke. Will leave another feedback when the new one comes in. Great camera, but I can't have something in and out of my pocket that may break off at any time.

edit*** I wanted to edit this as I finally got a new WX150. I returned the original purchase and picked up another WX150 off site. The new one does not have the same battery door issue that the first one had. So this camera is looking like a good buy, as long as you know that the QA may not be superb on these and you may have to send it in for a replacement. But the images coming off at least inside the house in artificial lighting are spot on.

Getting into manual mode takes a few extra steps than with my previous P&S, but if you know you will be shooting manual instead of auto, then you can have the setup tailored beforehand.

Still can't believe how well the digital zoom comes out. Looks just as good as the optical zoom. Unheard of.
3 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on July 21, 2012
I've owned the DSLR's, and even tried a "bridge" camera (or mega zoom), but the camera I always take with me is my older Cannon SD750 "point and shoot". Now it's time to look at cameras again, and after reading many reviews from all over I decided on this Sony WX150. Reasons for me where simple, I want to take the picture, not do calculations. I have kids, and I have animals, these are difficult to take pictures of for a lot of cameras without blurry images. Here is where this Sony Cyber Shot excels, in fact I have tested this camera in different lighting conditions, kids running around, taking the usually impossible pictures of the cat and dog and they have turned out great. I had a little difficulty with the panoramic mode at first, but it was because I was moving the camera too slow. Video quality is much better than I expected from a point and shoot, video is smooth and sound is decent. I would say this is everything I was hoping for in a small easy to take along package.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on December 5, 2012
I purchased the Sony WX150 to replace an old Canon which had limited zoom and never really took great pictures, especially in low light. I narrowed my options to this camera and the WX50, which is very similar but has a Carl Zeiss lens, smaller LCD screen, less zoom (5x) and less megapixels. I ended up choosing the WX150 primarily because of the 10x zoom and the larger LCD screen; these features fit my needs better and the special pricing was just right too!

Even though I've only had the camera for a short period, about 3 weeks, I've used it quite a bit and am very happy with my decision. Over Thanksgiving weekend I took several hundred pictures and about a dozen videos, 98% of the pictures and all of the videos were perfect. I kept the camera in Intelligent mode for the pictures and it performed exceptionally well through the entire weekend from mornings through night. Low light scenes came out amazing as did varied light scenes at the bowling alley, which are challenging for all compact cameras. I strongly believe this camera will meet the needs for the majority of consumers looking for a sub $200 compact camera. Given the price, features and performance this camera is a keeper!
3 helpful votes
on April 8, 2014
I'm no camera wiz, lets just get that out of the way up front. Personally, I'm not a big fan of this camera. I had a SC DSC-W730 prior to this and it was my favorite camera I had owned. I go through digital camera's every couple years or so. I'll admit, I'm hard on my cameras. I'm around children a lot and I let them take pictures, inevitably the camera gets dropped...I throw my cameras in my purse at times and generally, I treat them as a functional daily item without tons of reverence. My SC DSC-W730 lasted the longest of my digital cameras (almost 4 years) and until the last month of it's life every picture I took was beautiful. Action shots, still shots, the photos were amazing. I decided not to get the same camera because this version (SC DSC-WX150) had a higher zoom and that drew me in. The zoom is pretty substantial, and for what I use it for it does it's job. What I am NOT a fan of is this camera's ability to handle action shots. I want to rip my hair out. I have a 3yo child and before that (with my old camera) I babysat for a family of four children. I know what to expect with (amateur!) action shots involving kids. This camera does not give me beautiful, clear, first-time-photo shots. I'm lucky when I get an action shot with this baby. I'm still pining for my old Sony Cybershot. For the price I think you can find better.
on March 27, 2013
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX150 18.2 MP Exmor R CMOS Digital Camera with 10x Optical Zoom and 3.0-inch LCD (BlUE) (2012 Model)

Pro's:
1. Great Camera... Love the zoom, it's awesome and it works...
2. I referred 2 friends to this camera after my purchase of this camera and all of us think the same for the use, picture quality as well as the HD video for this camera.
3. I purchased the Blue one and the color is an awesome Blue / both my friends love the Black color they purchased.
4. The zoom is great, you have to be steady and it takes great pictures when zoomed out.
5. The Macro - O Man this is great from our last Sony as you can use the Macro without selecting the Macro button, its "Auto Macro" so you subject don't get away faster than you can select the Macro button and make sure your on Macro! Love it! Sony makes an awesome camera both for functionality, looks, design and sleekness.
6. From my previous camera and yes all three of us had the previous Sony and it don't compare to the Video in this new camera - this one has great picture quality for the movies.
7. Seller shipped as promised and SUPER shipping rate! Received package intact as described by seller with no missing parts...

Con's:
1. I was a bit taken back as to the quality of this camera. I'm used to Sony having a wee bit more weight for their product. This one appears to be of another metal or plastic where-as all my other Sony Cameras were of real quality metal and it showed it! I guess it's expected when things are moving at the speed they are today and the rate of planned obsolescence of a product being less than a year it's a wonder they're not made of paper for automatic degradation!

All in All - Pleased with out purchase
on December 24, 2012
Fabulous camera, terrific service, fast shipping. Who can ask for more?
I was looking and researching for my next camera which I determined would be a sub-compact pocket style point and shoot.
Read many, many articles on line comparing various cameras that seemed to fit my needs but this Sony came out a winner for me. Compact - yes, basically simple to use - yes, excellent photos - yes, adaptable in varying situations with minimal adjustments - yes.
I've been kind of a photo buff for 50 years, for time even had the larger than life SLRs, but I don't need or want photographic equipment to obtain the results i am looking for now. I feel that the SLR's of 50 years ago were a struggle to produce the quality of photos we can get from our simple-to-use point and shoots cameras now. And they really are NOT simple cameras - with amazing electronic technology inside, all the hard and time consuming work is done for you - they are simple for us to use.
Sony is world renown for making top quality photographic equipment and the DSC-WX150 ooozes that quality everywhere.
If you want a terrific point and shoot camera, look no further than this one. And, Amazon has THE best prices as usual.
2 helpful votes
on January 20, 2014
I bought this camera to replace an Olympus that was no longer focusing properly based on consumer website reviews. I'm mostly disappointed with this camera. 1) It's never downloaded properly. I put the software on my computer and I get an error message every time on my camera. It eventually will download if I ignore the message. The software also has no editing capability. I end up still using my Olympus software for that. 2) The settings are almost impossible to figure out. Especially when you are in the middle of shooting and need to make an adjustment. There is no way to over-ride the settings and put it on manual. My Olympus had manual settings; this doesn't. Just to turn the flash off requires going to the menu to try to find it every time. The settings are not intuitive or easy to find. 3) There are only two pixel adjustments that I can find: 3 mpx and much higher. The choices for size of photo are just not there. 4) Sometimes it takes multiple shots, sometimes not. I don't know how or when this feature comes on. 5) Camera did not come with a manual; it's on-line. Not a help when you are using the camera and need to figure something out.

The camera has a very good lens and takes a nice picture. Otherwise, I would not choose this camera again. If you want only a point and shoot for family photos it may be a decent choice, but don't expect any cropping or editing help with this software.
on June 11, 2012
I've had several compact, point-and-shoot digital cameras at this point, and have always been very satisfied with the photos they took. But this one seemed to actually have some interesting additional features, as opposed to just more megapixels. And WOW! This camera is head and shoulders above anything I've ever had before.

The intelligent scene selection is a great addition: get up close to take a shot of a flower with a bee on it...and presto! It changes to "Macro" mode! And the photo itself is stunning -- zoom in to see every hair on the bee's body. The image stabilization is excellent, as well. The wind always seems to blow, just as you're ready to snap a close-up of a flower... but these photos still come out super crisp, every time.

Frankly, I've been blown away by this camera. I hope the reliability and durability hold up, but so far, it's fantastic.
16 helpful votes