From the Manufacturer
- 1/2.35" 5.0 Megapixel Effective Super HAD CCD: Super HAD (Hole Accumulation Diode) CCDs provide excellent image quality by allowing more light to pass to each pixel, increasing sensitivity and reducing noise.
- Compact Slim Body: The ultra-compact and thin size of the DSC-T1 makes it the perfect camera to tuck in a pocket or purse for high-quality, high resolution photos almost anywhere.
- USB Cradle: The included Cyber-shot Station allows for easy connectivity for charging the camera, as well as transferring and viewing images either to the computer or on your television.
- 3X Optical/2X Digital: 3X Optical Zoom helps you frame your shots for better digital pictures. And Sony's Precision Digital Zoom provides an additional 2X magnification without the jagged edges of other designs, resulting in smoother images.
- 0 - 4X Smart Zoom Feature (at VGA Resolution): Smart Zoom intelligently uses the full CCD to let you zoom into the portion of interest by cropping the image size--thus avoiding the image degradation of Digital Zooms.
- Continuous Auto Focus: To maintain accurate focus lock with fast moving subjects, Continuous AF keeps focusing from the time the camera is turned on until the moment of exposure, providing properly focused images even when your subject is moving.
- Memory Stick Duo Media: Digital. Powerful. Transportable. Memory Stick Duo media is compact, portable and rugged--connects to a variety of hardware and software applications (may require use of supplied MSAC-M2 adapter).
- 14-Bit DXP A/D Conversion: Sony's 14-bit Digital EXtended Processor captures the range between highlight and shadow with up to 16,384 values, for extended dynamic contrast and detail.
- Pre-Flash Metering: With a momentary pre-flash, the camera illuminates the subject and sets exposure through the lens for accurate flash metering. Adjustable flash level and red-eye reduction ensure great flash shots.
- Auto Daylight Synchro Fill Flash: When the Multi-Pattern Measuring system determines the subject is backlit or in shadow, the Daylight Fill Flash automatically fires to provide optimum exposure of both your subject and the background.
- Multi-Burst Mode: Captures 16 consecutive 320 x 240 frames as part of a single 1280 x 960 image which plays back sequentially in the camera or as a single image on your computer. Selectable 1/7.5, 1/15 or 1/30 second frame intervals provide convenient motion analysis.
|The DSC-T1's super-sized 2.5-inch Hybrid LCD Monitor is much larger than the 1.5-inch displays common to other cameras in its class. (See detail)|
About Sony technology:
|Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens: The Vario Tessar lens is specially produced for very compact cameras. This specialized design allows quick autofocus, appealing zoom range while still maintaining a compact design.||Magnifying Glass Mode: When shooting a close subject (within 1cm) the image on the LCD is enlarged over 3X for better detail and focusing controls.|
|2.5" Hybrid LCD Monitor: High resolution 211K pixel design helps provide excellent viewing and image playback clarity. The Hybrid system consists of a transmissive LCD combined with a reflective LCD. By turning off the LCD backlight, it will capture more ambient light virtually eliminating "wash-out." Images will be visible in the LCD even in the most challenging outdoor lighting conditions.||MPEG Movie VX Fine Mode: Captures VGA (640 x 480) high frame rate (up to 30 frames per second) audio/video clips with length limited only by the capacity of the media. Video mail mode captures smaller file sizes suitable for email.|
|3 Area Multi-Point Auto Focus: By evaluating 3 separate focus areas of the frame, Sony's Multi-point AF system can intelligently focus on the subject and avoid mistakenly focusing on the background.||AF (Auto Focus) Illuminator: Briefly lighting the scene in low- or no-light conditions, AF Illuminator insures a positive focus lock, allowing you to accurately establish and maintain focus in difficult situations.|
|Multi-Pattern Measuring: Independently light-metering 49 points of the frame, Multi-Pattern measuring establishes the optimum exposure value, even in scenes where pronounced highlight and shadow are not centered in the frame.||Slow Shutter Noise Reduction: This process captures the scene in two exposures. The second subtracts the noise pattern from the initial shot, resulting in a final beautiful photograph that is virtually noise-free.|
What's in the Box:
NP-FT1 InfoLithium Rechargeable Battery, AC-LM5 AC Adapter/In-Camera Charger, Cyber-shot Station, AV Cable, USB Cable, MSG-M32A Memory Stick Duo Media, Memory Stick Duo Adapter, Wrist Strap, Software CD ROM