- Size (LWH): 5.75 inches, 0.29 inches, 2.83 inches
- Weight: 5.28 ounces
Sony Xperia Z3 D6653 GSM Cellphone Unlocked, International Version No Warranty, Black
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G Network LTE 700 / 850 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600
- Unlocked cell phones are compatible with GSM carriers such as AT&T and T-Mobile, but are not compatible with CDMA carriers such as Verizon and Sprint.
- This cell phone may not include a US warranty as some manufacturers do not honor warranties for international version phones. Please contact the seller for specific warranty information.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
What is an unlocked phone?
An unlocked phone is a device that is not bound to any carrier or plan. It allows you to choose your phone first and your carrier second. Upon selecting a plan, simply insert the carrier's SIM card into the phone and you're ready to go. If you decide you want to change carriers down the road or want to take an international trip, it's as simple as replacing your existing SIM card with a new SIM and activating your new plan.
What are the benefits of an unlocked phone?
Freedom: Choose the carrier with the best service or price. If you find a better deal later, you have the ability to change to a different carrier.
Travel: Take your phone internationally and use the carrier of your choice. It's as easy as inserting an active SIM card.
Selection: Choose the phone with the features you want, whether or not your carrier sells it, and get more service options without a contract.
How do I set up my unlocked phone?
The first thing you’ll need is a SIM card for your desired carrier. When activated, the SIM card will let your phone connect to your carrier’s network. If you decide to upgrade to a newer unlocked phone in the future, you can easily remove the SIM card from your old phone and put it in your new phone—just make sure you get the right size of SIM card (nano, micro, or standard) for your phone. If you want to use your phone while traveling internationally, you can easily buy a SIM card for a carrier that operates where you’re traveling. As long as it’s activated, you can just swap SIM cards when you arrive at your destination.
Top Customer Reviews
(1) I loved the HTC One's dual front facing speakers because I watch a bunch of shows on my phone (w/o ear phones). The speakers on the HTC One (beats audio for M7, boomsound for M8) are noticeably better and clearer. The Sony DOES have dual front facing speakers, but they are slightly muffled compared to the HTC One. I believe this has to do with the fact that the phone is waterproof. The muffled sound is not a deal breaker for me, but it is noticeable if you are coming from HTC One.
(2) Sony's Android 4.4.4 had some strange quirks. For example, I set the language to English (US), and almost everything was in English, but some things were still in Spanish. For example when you hit the multitask button, there is a "Close All" button, but instead it said "Cerrar Todo". What I did was switch to English (UK) and then switched back to English (US) and somehow that fixed it.
Also, if you remove the Google search bar that is on top of each page, you CANNOT fill that space with any other widget...instead it will default to the dots (which already appear at the bottom). If you do remove the search bar, it is a pain to reset it (you have to basically reset everything and then rearrange your apps all over again).
(3) Since it is unlocked you have to go to your carrier to activate everything, and that was sort of a pain. For me, I had to go to AT&T to set up phone and text messaging, then I had to call technical support to get set up on data (4G LTE). There are some specific APN settings you can google to help...Read more ›
Battery, looks great, waterproof
Reported mic issues (mic input too low), Loud speaker not loud enough on speakerphone, bend easily, Low GSM signal when compaired to iPhones/Note 4/ASUS PadFone on the same network. Rubber cap broke off after few months of use.
Yes...beware of bending!
Sony do not cover any physical form of damage. Spent around $150 to fix the bending, but now the phone looks like it have small gap between the top part of the glass and the side aluminium chassis.
The Screen looks great and the sound is also good. Plus, the phone looks very sleek and cool. The battery life is great.
The phone never took any hard hits, nor did I use it in the water (although it was waterproof). I am really disappointed and do not recommend this device.
The camera is the best phone camera i've ever seen. Shoots practically in the dark, super wide angle, resolution of course is crazy too. Very nice to be able to push a hard button from any position to activate too. Super nice.
Being Android 4.4. also allows installation of the google camera with photosphere and a lot of nice processing.
Everything else works really good too. The sound is great, the screen is great..... layout is almost barebones android - no annoying bloatware (except a very nice sony walkman). No need to mess with flashing ROMs (i fried a Samsung Note 2 previously installing custom ROM to get rid of the samsung bloatware).
Overall - extremely happy with this phone!
Note that the 6653 does NOT work with Tmobile's LTE in Boston. Could work in other areas but not sure. If you want Tmobile/ATT LTE it's better to get the 6603 model.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought and received this phone in the beginnig of May of this year. So I've had it now for 2 months. I like to carry my phone in my back jeans pocket. Read morePublished 15 days ago by Sunny D
It is too much fragile. The money cost over the Z2 is not worthy. There was no performance upgrade.
Nevertheless it arrived very quickly. Read more