Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 276 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 319 reviews
on June 26, 2015
Spend money for better unit . This unit is only good for DVD surround . No connection for cable box so tv does not sound well. Needs better remote . Volume is low ! This unit is not Sony quality that I've ever experienced before . It's primitive!!;! I would of sent it back but already threw box away ... Junk
on January 10, 2016
Product only works with DVD - does not project sound with regular tv viewing - would not have bought if description let me know this - seller not willing to refund because the item is not defective
on December 12, 2016
This is the third system I have purchased; one as a gift and two for myself. I really think this is a great buy, very good sound for the price, and even the base and surround sound is decent. Thank you, Sony and Amazon.com.
on November 9, 2016
Ok system...average. Works fine. No bells. No whistles. DVD player is just that...not Blu-ray. No optical audio port. Wires short... bought & spliced enough to accommodate 14 x 23 ft. room. Sound is fine, not Dolby HD crisp_sounding separation. Motel 6 of sound systems. What do you expect for the price? Serves our purpose just fine.
on September 10, 2016
The sound quality, for the price, is pretty good. Came with a lot of wire so the speakers can be separated pretty far. As far as outdoor use goes, they're not great. They're not super loud even turned all the way up. The DVD player is fine. Not blu-Ray not particularly special.
on August 12, 2015
This product is sold as a "Home Theater System" but it does not have the output power for a home theater system. It only has analog audio L and R input jacks, no optical input. Optical input has been around for a long time. In fact I have a bookshelf system that is a 400W system that is over 15 yrs old and has optical input and it blows this "Home Theater System" out of the water for loudness. Big disappointment! I would NOT recommend anyone buy this unless they are going to use it for their computer like so many reviews say they did. I didn't want a computer speaker system.
on August 12, 2014
I have owned this system for over a year and I have been experiencing problems. Over these months, I have noticed a decline in sound, mostly in the dialogue. I took it to a Sony dealer and they said the receiver was dead. This is sony's cheapest home theater and by far the worst. This was a great starter unit though, and will last you until you are ready for an upgrade.

Happy Halloween!!!
-Luke
on December 14, 2016
I personally own a Sony DVD Home Theater System DAV-DZ170,bought as a Warehouse Deal,GREAT.In buying this DAVTZ140,as a gift for someone else,it arrived with no remote,NO REMOTE!Details never mentioned more than cosmetic scratches which are standard for a used item,but NO REMOTE?That is like sending an item which is broken.You can not do anything without a remote,at all,except watch the DVD player accept your DVD in the tray and thats all folks!So the moral of this story is to ask and check to be sure ALL accessories are included.Yes,I sent the item back and ordered another of the same make and model because Sony DOES make premium electronics.I just got delt a lemon from the warehouse.SHAME,SHAME,SHAME....(to be continued)
on February 29, 2016
The sound is nice and vibrant. I'm not at full capacity as I haven't been able to use all the speakers just yet. The wire for the back speakers aren't very long so I will have to add wire eventually. I wish they over did the length. I'm sure it will just add to the ambiance once I'm all set up. Another side note is that the customer service was helpful and quick troubleshooting. I couldn't figure out why the sound didn't work at first and they patiently walked through the check points to resolve it.
on November 2, 2015
This works great, good sound, a real value living in my old RV with limited space. All my movies are on DVD, so this is good enough. If you have Blu-Rays or want internet or Netflix downloads, this isn't for you.