Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Sony DCR-SR68 80GB Hard Disk Drive Handycam Camcor...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 66% off the $349.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Sony DCR-SR68 80GB Hard Disk Drive Handycam Camcorder (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Price:||$272.99 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$77.00 (22%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 80GB Hard disk drive (up to 61hrs in LP mode)
- 60X Optical / 2000X Digital Zoom
- Professional quality Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens
- 2.7” Clear Photo™ LCD (230 K) display
- Direct Copy to external HDD w/o PC
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|External Memory Included||Yes|
|Included Components||Sony DCR-SR68 80GB HDD High Def Handycam|
|Item Dimensions||4.45 x 6.02 x 7.6 inches|
|Item Display Weight||2.5 pounds|
|Item Weight||2.25 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||3.2 grams|
|Lithium Battery Voltage||3.4 Volts|
|Lithium Battery Weight||0.2823529412 ounces|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description||1 year limited|
|Maximum Focal Length||108 mm|
|Media Format Digital Video||HDD | SD|
|Media Type||HDD; Flash Card|
|Memory Storage Capacity||80,000 MB|
|Minimum Focal Length||1.8 mm|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||0.8|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CCD|
|Remote Control Description||Infrared|
|Removable Memory||Secure Digital card|
|Shipping Weight||2.2 pounds|
|Video Capture Format||mpeg-2|
|Zoom Type||Optical, Digital|
Top Customer Reviews
1. Picture quality is very poor, Indoor and outdoor pictures in good light appear with a bluish tint all over. If you wear a white /gray cloth it appears bluish on video. Like wise the sunlight coming inside your house through window /blinds all appears light blue!! Even with good lighting the quality of images are very bad, lacks sharpness, This in comparison to my old Panasonic PV GS120 is not even close to true color. If you view the pictures on a TV screen it will definitely appear lacking the sharpness. If you are transferring the video to computer using the supplied software it appears very blurry and grainy.
2. There is no way you can charge the battery when camcorder is in use even if there is a spare battery because the battery charging is done hooking up the AC adapter to the camcorder! This seems really stupid. Sony could have made a battery slot on the AC adapter to do this.
3. There is no separate viewfinder. So if the LCD is broken- everything is gone.
4. Audio quality does not seem to be that good but average.
5. I can not find the resolution of the camera for still shots, nothing is mentioned in the manual either. You can not shoot a still picture while recording the video, you have to capture it from the video shots already made. Yea the resolution does not matter in that case.
6. Battery life approximately less than an hour
7. The LED for lighting seems silly
1. Small size, you can carry in Pants pocket
2. Provision to use SDHC card instead of the "Sony's own" memory stick duo only. I have not used one yet though.
3.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
this is a really good high quality camera that has a 60x zoom. and a really big hard disk of 80gb which stores a bunch of videos. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
product was as advertised and in better condition than I expected
you could see that it was cleaned up as best you could before shipping which made me feel that they cared... Read more
I am very pleased with the service I received, and equally satisfied with my new Camcorder. Thank YouPublished 7 months ago by John E. Burleigh Sr.
Poor quality just after 1 year (warranty) it stopped working and then repair cost was more than the actual product cost.Published 10 months ago by Arvind
Very happy. Gave it to my daughter. She has used it. Looking for a cord that it did not come with.Published 13 months ago by Dawn M.Harrison