Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 45 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 60 reviews
on July 29, 2012
After using this cam for a while, I'm not so impressed. The focus is not good.
For the money, it's an OK camera, but as soon as I can afford to I'm moving up.

I bought this camera because I didn't have a lot of money to spend, and, frankly, I've gotten burned too many times by more expensive video cameras that simply died for no apparent reason. I've only had it about two weeks. It's performed well, the video quality is fine.
Within 3 days the lens cover which is supposed to snap open automatically, started sticking part-way open. It's east enough to flick it with a finger but annoying.

The flip-out viewing screen is nearly impossible in most lighting situations. I compose by guessing that I'm aiming at what I want. There is just enough detail in the screen to verify it. No biggie for me, because I;ve gotten pretty good at that over years of taking photos with bad eyesight. I could not use a right-eye viewfinder if it had one because of my bad right eye.
Overall, it seems to be a good cam for the money.
I'll follow up in a few months with a longer-range review.
on July 14, 2013
The software that comes with this camcorder makes it really easy to burn your movies to DVD. The video quality is good enough for me and I had more than enough ZOOM. The picture function of this camcorder is bad though so do not use it to take pictures. The pictures look like it was taken from an old cell phone with a 3 megapixel picture quality. However, this is a camcorder and does a great job at what it was designed to do. Just take pictures with your camera, and make great movies with this camcorder. The camcorder is light, easy to use, and produces high quality video. If you want the HD camcorder then buy one because this is not an HD camcorder. Also, there is an 8 hour battery you can get for this camera that adds a lot of weight to it (1.5 pounds?), but if you don't want to run out of battery while on vacation that is the battery for you. I highly recommend getting the bigger battery as the battery that comes with it might last 2 hours.
on August 6, 2015
What a great camera. I purchased one just like this but a blue model. It had been reconditioned and sold through Amazon warehouse and it worked for years. This summer the auto focus portion went 'kaput'. I've replaced it with this similar model. It is very easy to operate and the videos are outstanding; clear and sharp. This camera is a no brainer and easy to use.
on April 8, 2013
I purchased this camcorder to capture those important moments in my children's lives. This is my eldest son's senior year in high school and I wanted to capture more than just still photos at his varsity football games. My second to oldest son joined the drama club and I wanted to record all of his performances, and this camera worked great in both of these areas.
I have read other reviews that the sound recording is second rate, but I disagree! I have recorded in noisy stadiums and the staduim announcer comes through the video clearly. To capture the full stage in the high school auditorium I have to sit either in the back or second level in the auditorium, and this camera pickes up the cast voices well for the distance.
Perhaps, the best feature is the built in stabilizer. It is difficult to keep a steady hand over a long period of time, but this camera eliminates most of the slight hand shaking. My solution was to use the tripid I bought for my Cannon digital camera.I highly recommend this little camcorder to anyone looking to capture those special moments you want to remember for a lifetime!
on November 26, 2012
I bought this product just for fun, and its features, I thought the 70X zoom would be great but need a tripod to use that part and can not track fast. I am having trouble getting good vid. quality when ever I try to use it, I am not sure if it is the product or me, I am 58 yr old so tech stuff, well most recent tech stuff is not something I like to learn over and over when ever I buy something new, so I guess I must try to figure out how to use It, to sum it up, the tech part and how to sue it may be harder for older men and woman than for young men and women. What ever happened to the B/H super 8mm camera, he he he
on March 11, 2012
For its price range, this camcorder works well. The playback is sharp. Stabilizer works well. It does not have internal storage, but with the sd card, that is no problem. It downloads to a pc without a hitch. I would recommend this product.
on September 17, 2012
I got the camcorder to take home video (nothing super fancy). It works great! Very easy to use. We have used it numerous times without reading the directions. The touch screen features are not as good as I would like. Sometimes we hit the touch screen button numerous times before it works. But, considering the price, this camcorder works great and was an amazing value!
on December 16, 2015
Sony Handycam is one of the best handheld camcorders I've used. Very good video quality and excellent zoom. The attached USB cable is a very nice addition. This Sony camcorder fits nicely into your hand. The touchscreen and options menu is user friendly.
on November 21, 2012
It is a good camcorder for video shooting with good zooming capability but still picture quality is really very poor. It is too blur and judder. Still picture quality is even not marginally acceptable after editing. Also flash light is not useful at dark at all. But definite it takes good quality video, no doubt.

I recommend this camcorder for video only, not for still picture at all.
on October 28, 2012
This is our second one, we lost the first one on a plane.This is perfect it fits in my husbands pocket and is always there to capture the moment of my sons first steps to a cake smash at his birthday. i recommend writing down the serial number. I look foward to see what other memories it captures, it is also very user friendly