Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sony DSC-W310 12.1MP Digital Camera with 4x Wide Angle Zoom with Digital Steady Shot Image Stabilization and 2.7 inch LCD (Silver)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports STEM

on March 27, 2010
This camera is great for its price. For people like me who just need a camera for everyday things and not professional photography, this camera does very well. The pictures are crisp, clear, and very detailed. The iSCN is very useful since it automatically detects the type of scene and selects the most appropriate camera settings. The camera retouching tools are quite useful just in case you want to edit it a little right after the picture taking. I love the camera. It looks great and is very easy to use. Better than my last Polaroid model camera.
on September 27, 2011
I have read a lot of negative reviews of this camera here. Having used my own for nine months, my conclusion is that some folks could take a picture with a pinhole camera and get results like Ansel Adams, and then others might possess all the high dollar gear in the world and still get pictures of their fingers, and out of focus pictures at that. Like most folks reading this, I probably fall somewhere in the middle of that grouping.

So. This camera is the digital equivalent of an Instamatic, which is to say, you point and you shoot. It has a 4x optical zoom that works quite well, it has a nice bright display which accurately portrays what you will get on your finished shot, and it has lots of options you may or may not find useful; fact is, most of us will do little with it other than take what we used to call "snapshots". To each his own. But if you take the time to work at it, you can get some mighty fine snapshots with this piece. This is our family's third Cyber-Shot and I've found it's a worthy successor to its predecessors.
on October 16, 2010
I used this in a large electronics store and liked it - liked the buttons, menus, etc. Snapped a pic or two, looked fine. So I bought it.

Took it hiking the very next day. Seemed to work well, though I did find it switching "scenes" annoying. I can't tell you how disappointed I was with the pictures when I got home. Some are too dark - a lot of them. On a bright sunny day. Outdoors. Some are either blurry up close and stuff in the back is clear, or vice versa. I took several pictures of the beautiful sunlight gleaming on the river....and got white out all over the place.

I'm taking this back, in hopes that the electronics store will let me exchange it.
on September 13, 2010
This camera is amazing! I have had a sony camera before but I recently purchased this one because I broke my other one. This camera is inexpensive for what it does. The videos work well and the pictures come out crystal clear. The camera automatically adjusts its lens to what type of lighting your trying to capture the picture in. You can edit a photo right on the camera before even uploading it to your computer. The sleek matte look makes it look like an expensive camera. I'm a college student and it captures my friends as well as sites around the city
on June 2, 2010
We purchased this camera for our workplace. It is quite thin for your pocket, yet is a 12 mega-pixel with 4x optical zoom. I really like that this camera can use SD memory cards, as well as Memory Stick. When I used it, it worked fine. So I would recommend this camera.

It also comes with the Sony PMB photo management software, which I have used with my Sony DSC-SX63 flash camcorder as well. Nice for organizing photos and films.

This is not a waterproof camera. I would go for the Sony DSC-TX5 for that.
on October 16, 2010
Kodak Z760 that we used at the plant died. So my boss buy anything but a Kodak. Great price on this Sony and with a name like Sony it has to be good - right? Wrong. Great price but the photos are poor and when placed side by side against the 6.1MP Kodak Z760 photos in powerpoint presentations there is no question that this is a terrible camera. I spent hours reviewing documentation and making adjustments just to finally give up and in that this camera's photo quality isn't up to par.
on April 22, 2010
This camera is alot smaller than it seems in the picture, which is a great thing. The color is also pretty. However, the few modes that are contained in this camera dont apply to the many situations and/or locations that the camera could adjust to. The pictures arent always clear and the pictures often come out dark whether theyre taken inside or outside. Im sorry to say that I wouldnt recommend this camera to others.
on June 18, 2015
Purchased this to replace a more expensive compact camera. The photos are good, but had to send it in for repair within 6 months because it had lines in all the photos. Looked like I was taking pictures through a set of blinds.It took several weeks from the time I sent it in until I received it back. My phone camera takes a lot better photos than this camera
on December 27, 2010
This camera is great, if your surroundings are great. However, if you happen to be outside where it is bright, or inside where it is dim, or any situation where there is movement, your pictures will come out blurry, yellow, too dark, or with odd shadows. Essentially, you can expect the same picture quality from one of those old-school disposable cameras.
on April 16, 2011
This is a nice little simple digital camera with a 4 x zoom. I needed a small camera to carry in my purse or pocket. I do a lot of nature photography and also take photos of church activities. My other Sony - much more sophisticated and with a 15X zoom - is a bit cumbersome to carry around. So far this new one has worked out well.

My tip to amateur photographers is always have a camera at hand. You never know when a photo op will present itself.