Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Fergie PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 286 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 337 reviews
on March 30, 2014
Sony Cyber-Shot DSC WX300

This is one of the best cameras for non-professionals. The camera takes flawless pictures and the quality of Sony Lens G is uncompromised with that of Carl Zeiss Lens. The camera has different setting modes to suit your needs.

However, please note that the zooming is not that powerful, I mean when zoomed to the 100% (all the way to 20x), the picture has grainy texture, not to a great extent, but to some extent. If you want to take best images in bright area with sunlight or similar conditions, the Program Auto (P) works good.

The pictures from the camera can be exported to computers or laptops or smartmobile devices that are directly connected to the same wi-fi router. What I mean by this is that if the computer has been connected to the same router using the ethernet cable, the export is not successful. In order to export the pictures to your computer, you may use the following guidelines:

1. Download the PlayMemories software from the link:
[...]
This link will take you to direct download page bypassing all other pages.
2. Installation of this software takes around 25 to 35 minutes depending upon the speed of your system. (Do not connect your camera to the computer using the USB cable before the installation of the PlayMemories software, this causes system crash.)
3. Connect your Sony WX300 camera after installation of this software, and confirm the location. That way the camera understands the destination location to export the pictures over the wi-fi.

The battery has good backup capacity, way better than WX50.

If you are a professional and would like to capture a butterfly with its original colors in sharp contrast for scientific purpose or aesthetic view, this is not for you. This camera is the best for vacationers for their everlasting memories.

Thanks.
on July 30, 2014
Love, love, love this camera. My last 3 cameras have been sony and I've always loved them. This camera has a great zoom! I decided to get a new camera when my little cousin was graduating and was going to be a key speaker. I'm so glad I did, I didn't get a great seat so the awesome zoom really helped me get great pictures, everyone thinks I was sitting in the front row when I was really several rows back and on the wrong side of the room. Take great quality pictures and video. I especially love the transfer from photos via wifi. I no longer have to plug the camera into my computer and wait for them to download and then proceed to exchange via different medinas. With the wifi photos I choose go straight from camera to iPhone in just a few minutes (less depending on the amount of photos) I haven't tired the camera to computer via wifi yet. Only down fall of the wifi feature (on phones) is that you have to download an app and the wifi selection. Most times I find the set up a bit time consuming especially when the actual transfer takes less time than the set up. Also the zoom and scene selection feature should have been switched with the shutter button. It's a pain when I ask other people to take a picture of me in it, I always myself explaining that they're using the wrong button. The shutter is on the inside (towards middle) and the zoom/scene selection is on the outside (where the shutter button should be. Either way I love my camera, take great photos and I love the wifi feature.
on April 6, 2014
Before my trip to Peru, I was looking for a nice, compact camera in the $200 range. I looked around at different manufacturers like Sony, Panasonic, Nikon, Canon, but ended up with this due to the price, size and features. I like the Wifi sync feature, but to be honest didn't use it much since the image transfers can take some time if they are high quality images. The 20x optical zoom is fantastic and probably the main reason I purchased the camera, since digital zoom is completely awful. This camera is great in that I can easily carry it in my pocket if I want or the compact Sony case that I purchased with it. The other cool thing I found was that it was pretty rainy in the mountains of Peru, but this camera handled the moisture beautifully. I did keep it in a ziploc bag while not using to protect it, but it was exposed to the conditions when I took some pictures and it still works great. I also like the fact that the flash is built into the camera and doesn't pop-up like others, which can easily break.

It's definitely a good camera that I'd recommend to others. I'll try to remember to post an update in the future to see if it's still OK after a year or two, since alot of these newer cameras don't last too long, but I have a feeling this one may last.
on January 2, 2014
I have had a lot of Sony DSC cameras and this is by far the best one yet. Now, I'm no camera guru. I still can't explain what an F-Stop is. So from a typical casual user, this camera is great and easy to use. It takes excellent pictures. One of the big problems with prior cameras was picture blur from moving kids and pets. I've tested this camera's ability, puposefully taking pictures of fast moving objects. NO BLUR!! The 20x zoom is phenomenal. The picture was a little gritty in full zoom in some poorly lit interior shots, but crystal clear at full zoom in outside shots. Maybe the F-stop thing has something to do with it?!? I haven't used the Wi-Fi feature yet. If you have to download 300 pictures, seems Wi-Fi isn't really feasible. Another improvement is the mini USB charging ability. No longer need the special "Sony-only" charging cable! Lastly, Sony is finally using a standard SDHC Memory Card. No longer have to hook up that special "Sony-only" cable. I'm not going to comment on all of the other special features, because this camera has already proven itself as a great, great buy. Yes, I'm sure there are even better ones out there, but for the price this one is hard to beat.
on June 8, 2014
Okay, I'll admit it. When it comes to electronics I'm technically challenged and want a camera that is easy, quick to turn on and use (we have three grandchildren) and takes great pictures in all lighting conditions. Have been using the Sony HX5V for the last few years and love it because it's so easy to use and takes great pictures. I have left the camera on the anti-shake mode and have had just a handful of bad picture out of the thousands have taken. Since we are going to China in a few months wanted to get a backup camera just in case since this will be a once in a lifetime trip for us. I have been trying different makes of cameras (mostly canon and Panasonics) thanks to friends loaning me theirs but have been disappointed because the pictures have varying quality depending on the lighting (even the one's they took). Recently I came upon this camera and noticed the price dropped but was a bit concerned since it didn't have the anti-shake mode my other camera has. Have discovered that the superior auto mode has the same function as anti-shake. This modes takes multi pictures in a row and somehow stiches them together to give you the best picture. Have only had a few days but gave it a workout since I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep it. Pictures have natural color and come out very clear even with the grandchildren playing or hand held low lighting. I will say that this camera is very small and will definitely use the strap at all times. My only complaint about this camera is that the doors for where you plug in the charger and even the battery compartment seem a bit flimsy. I have bought additional batteries and charger so won't have to open battery charger door anymore since that seems extremely flimsy I can see that breaking pretty quickly. I would say if your looking for a reasonably priced camera that takes above average pictures and is easy to use give this a try.
on June 28, 2014
My Nexus 5 takes very good pictures, but when traveling, as techie, I use my phone for everything ,so battery life is a constant struggle.

I bought the WX-300 to help conserve my cellphone battery life while traveling, and it was a great buy.

Easily 2-3 days heavy use, beautiful video. Wifi transfer to Android app works well (amazing).

Picture quality is good, not great,comparable to Nexus 5, which is quite acceptable .

Yes, 20x zoom requires a stand or very steady hand, but that degree of zoom gives you a flexibility to obtain pictures you otherwise could not.

So light, you can place in your shirt pocket easily.

Cons: screen scratches easily,Mini-HDMI exposed and hidden micro USB port causes endless user confusion ( see other reviews), can't control all picture settings

For less than $250, a steal.
on June 20, 2014
My daughter bought this camera a few weeks before I did. She's pretty camera-savvy, and needed a compact camera to take on a trip overseas, as her SLR camera was too bulky. She was amazed that you could get a camera with Minolta technology, 20 power actual zoom, 18 plus pixels, loaded with many features, for such a great price. She loves it, so I got one for myself, and I love it too!

Taking the memory card in and out for downloading is a breeze, as is the battery (which actually doesn't need to come out, as it recharges while in the camera, using the provided corded charger). Memory card does not come with it, so you may want to order a 16GB or 32GB while you're at it. Does everything one would expect from a much more expensive camera! And it's so compact, with a telescoping lens that really reaches out for great zoom shots when it's turned on.

I took the extra step and bought some Tech Armor clear screen protector for an iPad (they don't make a protector the size of the Sony SSC screen) while I was at it. I cut it down to fit, with plenty left over for other uses.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 20, 2013
This is the third camera I have bought this year and the only one I have kept. Very user friendly; menu and features are simple and don't require a lot of time to get used to or figure out how to use. One thing that is a disappointment is the force flash. It doesn't flash every time. There is some type of auto setting that keeps it from going off, but if you switch the dial to a program setting you can force flash every time. My favorite feature is the video. While you are taking HD, you can also snap still images! Love that! And when you go back to watch the video, there is no pause or indication that you took a photo at that time. It does take some extra time once you stop filming for the camera to write the pictures, but that hasn't been an issue for me so far. Clarity is another story. It's strange, I can take all the pictures I want from a moving car or even our boat and I can clearly see every drop of water, but if I take pictures of the kids playing in the house, they are a bit blurry with movement. Still trying to figure that one out. Overall I am pleased with this camera and plan on keeping it for many years to come. I recommend it to those who want an easy to carry point and shoot. I always keep mine in my purse. You never know when you're your going to need it.
on September 13, 2014
Love the camera It's small, has an excellent zoom and takes great pictures. We recently went on vacation and did not want to take our Canon Rebel or the PowerShot that we have, which are both large cameras. This camera fits in my pocket, has a great zoom and takes great pictures. The only downfall that I've noticed is the time it takes for it to recover so you can take the next picture. It seems to take a few seconds to process the shot once you've taken a picture. So if you were trying to take sports pictures, I would not recommend this camera -- too much wait time in between. Otherwise, it's the perfect compact camera to keep in your pocket or pocketbook.
on June 9, 2014
Great camera! This camera is worth the money. This is great for people who want features of the big expensive cameras in a compact size. The camera arrived in the expected time. I actually requested 2 day delivery, because I was going on vacation. It arrived as expected. I was very happy, with the functions I used. I have to admit, I did not have time to read the instruction booklet. It was easy to use, but still has many options I have not yet explored. The camera is able to take pictures fairly quickly and offers great zoom options. I would recommend this camera to others. I personally, likely this color, it is actually more like a dark pink than red, but still pretty. If you're a guy - this camera also comes in black. It is able to take panoramic pictures and has setting which allow you to take black and white pictures and just focus on one particular color.....