From the Manufacturer
- Active Design: The DSC-U60 has been designed to be durable, yet easy to use. With its unique "one-handed" operation this camera can be taken to more "Active" lifestyles such as the pool, the beach, while skiing, and even underwater; allowing you to capture even more spontaneous and creative memories.
- Waterproof (5 Foot Depth): Beach, Pool, Ski Slope? Splash Resistant and Waterproof up to 5 feet in depth, the DSC-U60 is the go anywhere camera for any occasion, for any weather condition.
- 1/2.7" 2.0 Megapixel Effective Super HAD CCD: Super HAD (Hole Accumulation Diode) CCD's provide excellent image quality by allowing more light to pass to each pixel, increasing sensitivity and reducing noise.
- Fast Start-up (0.9 sec.): Lets you capture your precious memories at the speed of life, rather than miss "The" shot, waiting for your camera to start up.
- Pre-Flash Metering: With a momentary pre-flash, the camera illuminates the subject and calculates exposure through the lens directly from the CCD for accurate flash metering. Adjustable flash level and red-eye reduction insure great flash shots.
- Memory Stick Media: Digital. Powerful. Transportable. Memory Stick media is compact, portable and rugged--connecting a variety of hardware and software applications.
- Red-Eye Reduction: The Red-Eye Reduction system uses a series of pre-flashes that causes the subject's pupils to contract, reducing the possibility of reflection from the back of the eye that causes the red-eye problem.
- Scene Selection Mode: With 6 Scene Modes (Soft Snap, Illumination Snap, Twilight, Active Outdoor, Vivid Nature, Underwater), the camera parameters are changed to match the shooting conditions.
- 12-Bit DXP A/D Conversion: Sony's 12-bit Digital EXtended Processor captures the range between highlight and shadow with up to 4096 values, for extended dynamic contrast and detail.
- 1.0 " Hybrid LCD Monitor (64K): Monitors the scene for accurate framing. The Reflective LCD absorbs and reflects the ambient light through the LCD to improve brightness in sunlight.
- Auto Bright Monitoring: To help framing in low or no-light situations, the CCD gain is briefly increased to provide an extra bright display on the LCD viewfinder just before exposure.
- Selectable Picture Size: Select 640 x 480 (VGA) picture size for on-screen viewing and email applications, or 1632x 1224 (UXGA) picture size great for photo quality 5" x 7" prints.
- VGA Burst Mode: Captures five (5) 640 x 480 frames, which allows for the ability to capture fast moving objects in separate files for viewing at a later date.
- MPEG Movie Mode (No Audio): Capture up to 15 seconds of 160 x 112 MPEG video for very small files that are perfect for emailing to family and friends.
- Playback Zoom: During playback, zoom either 2.5X or 5.0X on the image.
- USB Interface: Allows digital still images and MPEG1 movies, stored on Memory Stick Media, to be easily transferred to Microsoft Windows operating system compatible or Macintosh computers equipped with USB terminals. Simply plug in the supplied USB cable from your camera to the computer's USB port for fast access to your pictures.
- USB Bus Powered for File Transfer: Using the supplied USB cable, power is supplied to the camera, allowing for easy transfer of still images and MPEG1 movies directly from the camera to the PC. No need for an additional power source.
- Picture Effects: Select from 4 Picture Effects (Negative Art, Sepia, Black & White, Solarize) to add creativity to ordinary pictures.
- Picture Indexing: Finding a special picture stored on the Memory Stick Media is easy with the Picture Index mode. View four images at a time for convenient and quick access to your images.
- Rechargeable NiMH Batteries: Reliable power is provided by Sony's Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) AAA Stamina batteries with external charger.