Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Sony DSCW830 20.1 MP Digital Camera with 2.7-Inch ..." and save 50% off the $119.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $8.59 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Sony DSCW830 20.1 MP Digital Camera with 2.7-Inch LCD (Silver)
|Our Price:||To see product details, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later. Why?|
|FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 20.1 Megapixel Plus 8x Zoom
- Optical Steady Shot image Stabilization with 2-way Active Mode
- 720p MP4 HD Movie Mode ; This product is compatible with Final Cut Pro X and iMovie.
- Panorama Shooting: 360 Sweep Panorama; Minimum Illumination: Auto: 22.0 lux Shutter Speed 1/30
- Picture Effect: Still images: Toy camera, Pop Color, Partial Color, Soft High-key, Panoramas: Pop Color, Partial Color, Soft High-key, Movies: Toy camera, Pop Color, Partial Color, Soft High-key
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
|Auto Focus Technology|
|Battery Type||Lithium Ion|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||1 fp|
|Display Fixture Type||Fixed|
|Display Resolution Maximum||230000|
|Display Size||2.7 inches|
|Expanded ISO Maximum||3,200|
|Expanded ISO Minimum||80|
|External Memory Included||No|
|Flash Memory Type||Memory Stick Duo/Pro Duo/Pro-HG Duo, microSD/microSDHC|
|Flash Type||Built-In Flash|
|Focus Description||Contrast detection|
|Focus Type||Autofocus Only|
|ISO Range||Auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200|
|Image Aspect Ratio||4:3, 16:9|
|Item Dimensions||2.05 x 0.91 x 3.66 inches|
|Item Weight||0.27 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||2 Watt Hours|
|Lithium Battery Voltage||5 Volts|
|Lithium Battery Weight||3.5 grams|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description|
|Maximum Aperture Range||F3.3 - F6.3|
|Maximum Focal Length||200 mm|
|Maximum Shutter Speed||2 seconds|
|Maximum horizontal resolution||5,152|
|Metering||Multi, Center-weighted, Spot|
|Minimum Focal Length||25 mm|
|Minimum Shutter Speed||1 second|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||20.1 MP|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CCD|
|Photo Sensor Technology||CCD|
|Sensor Cleaning Method||No|
|Shipping Weight||0.6 pounds|
|Style Name||Only Camera|
|Supported Battery Types||NP-BN lithium-ion battery and USB charger|
|Video Capture Format||H.264|
|Video Capture Resolution||1280 x 720 (30 fps), 640 x 480 (30 fps)|
|Water Resistance Level||Not Water Resistant|
Compare to similar items
|Price||Add to cart to see product details. Why?||$88.95||$88.00||$139.00||$139.95||$185.99|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||fidelitydealz||Focus Camera||Amazon.com||Focus Camera||Jennifer's Boutique|
|Screen Size||2.7 in||2.7 in||2.7 in||2.7 in||2.7 in||2.7 in|
|Item Dimensions||0.91 x 3.66 x 2.05 in||2.13 x 1.97 x 0.87 in||2.13 x 1.97 x 0.87 in||3.8 x 0.9 x 2.2 in||3.2 x 4.4 x 2.4 in||1.06 x 4.33 x 2.6 in|
|Item Weight||4.32 ounces||4.48 ounces||4.48 ounces||4.9 ounces||0.5 lb||7.84 ounces|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||20.1 megapixels||20 megapixels||20.1 megapixels||12 megapixels||20.1 megapixels||13.2 megapixels|
|Video Capture Resolution||1280 x 720 (30 fps), 640 x 480 (30 fps)||1280 x 720 (30 fps), 640 x 480 (30 fps)||1280 x 720 (30 fps), 640 x 480 (30 fps)||1280 x 720 (25 fps), 640 x 480 (29.97 fps)||720p||1280 x 720 (30p, 25p), 640 x 480 (30p, 25p), 320 x 240 (30p, 25p)|
Sony DSCW830 20.1 MP Digital Camera with 2.7-Inch LCD (Silver)
From the Manufacturer
Cyber-shot Digital Camera W830
It’s the amazingly easy-to-use camera that slips right in your pocket—with an 8x optical zoom, 20.1MP photos and beautifully-detailed HD videos. And pics stay clearer, even with shaky hands thanks to Optical SteadyShot image stabilization. You can also enhance your images with built-in effects that adjust skin tone and texture or even whiten teeth.
20.1 Megapixel Plus 8x Zoom
A powerful 20.1 megapixel CCD image sensor helps you capture gorgeous images with superb contrast and clarity down to the finest detail. With 20.1 megapixels, you can create stunning, photo-quality prints up to A3+ (13x19”) size, or crop your images and still come away with high resolution shots. The 8x zoom Carl Zeiss Vario Tessar lens helps you get much closer to your subjects.
Optical SteadyShot image Stabilization with 2-way Active Mode
Sony's Active Mode image stabilization gives you the freedom to shoot movies even while walking or running. 2-way Active Mode corrects for both vertical and horizontal motion.
720p MP4 HD Movie Mode
In 720p MP4 movie mode the camera shoots 1280 x 720 high definition movies at 30 fps, a standard format when working with a PC.¹ Create high quality movies with full use of optical zoom in files small enough to transfer to compatible PC or Mac computer. Once transferred to your computer and connected to the internet, you can effortlessly upload your media to popular photo and video-sharing websites such as Photobucket and YouTube.
Creative shooting with Picture and Beauty effects
Picture Effect adds a new level of expression to photos, making ordinary landscapes and portraits come to life by heightening mood and emphasizing certain attributes. Beauty Effects allows edits to skin tones, skin smoothing, shine removal, eye widening, and teeth whitening. Beauty Effects can be combined to further enhance the image.
Advanced Flash illuminates distant subjects
Advanced Flash allows you to shoot bright, beautifully lit photos. The built in flash reaches farther resulting in brighter subjects in dimly lit rooms or outdoors in the evening.
Intelligent Auto Mode
Unlike traditional auto mode, Intelligent Auto (iAuto) mode thinks for you, recognizing scenes, lighting conditions, faces, and adjusts settings resulting in clear images, faces with natural skin tone and less blur. Take advantage of all the technology without leaving Auto mode. Kids on the playground, landscape shots, a beautiful flower or an indoor birthday party; all result in clear images without leaving auto mode.
Sweep Panorama mode (up to 360°)
Reach beyond the traditional wide angle lens, and capture more breathtaking shots with Sweep Panorama mode. Simply press the shutter button and sweep the camera in the desired direction and the camera continuously shoots at a high speed, then seamlessly stitches the images together with automatic position adjustment to create one stunning panoramic image. Available in wide and up to 360° full circle, the camera can take a variety of panoramic shots. Now capturing wide landscapes is as easy as press and sweep.
Face Detection technology
Face Detection technology detects up to eight individual faces and adjusts focus, exposure, and white balance to help deliver crisp, properly lit images of family and friends.
Smile Shutter technology
Smile Shutter technology captures a smile the moment it happens. Simply press the Smile Shutter button and the camera does the rest. You can also select adult and child priority and indicate the degree of Smile Detection sensitivity. Intelligent Scene Recognition can now be used together with Smile Shutter mode when the Intelligent Auto mode is on. This means that beautiful smiles can be captured with settings optimized for the particular scene, even in difficult conditions such as twilight and backlighting.
2.7” (230K dots) Clear Photo LCD display
Generous 2.7” (230K dots) Clear Photo LCD display features sharp, natural color that makes it easy to compose shots, read menus, and view photos, even in bright sunlight.
- Camera Type:Compact zoom digital camera
- Imaging Sensor:1/2.3" Super HAD CCD Sensor
- Pixel Gross:20.5MP
- Effective Picture Resolution:20.1MP
- Color Filter System:RGB primary color mosaic filters
- Media Type:Memory Stick Duo; Memory Stick PRO Duo; Memory Stick PRO Duo(High Speed); Memory Stick PROHG Duo; Memory Stick Micro*6 ; Memory Stick Micro (Mark2)*6 ; SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card; microSD Memory Card*6; microSDHC Memory Card*6; Memory Stick XC-HG Duo; microSDXC Memory Card*6
- Still Image Mode:JPEG
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution:Approx. 20.1 Megapixels
- Still Image Size 16:9:15M (5,152 x 2,896)/ 2M(1,920 x 1,080)
- Still Image Size 4:3:20M (5,152 x 3,864)/ 10M(3,648 x 2,736) / 5M(2,592 x 1,944) /VGA
- Panorama Still Image Size:360 (11,520×1,080) / Wide(7,152 x 1,080 / 4,912 x 1,920) / Standard (4,912 x 1,080 / 3,424 x 1,920)
- Video Format:MP4 (AVC/H.264)
- Video Mode:MP4:9M Fine(1,280×720/30fps)
- Audio Format:MP3
- Microphone/Speaker:Mono / mono
- Lens Type:Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar
- Aperture:f 3.3-6.3
- Optical Zoom:8x
- Digital Zoom:32x
- Smart Zoom Technology:Precision Digital Zoom Approx.32x
/ Smart Zoom ( 10M Approx.11x
/ 5M Approx.15x
/ VGA Approx.64x
/ 2M(16:9) Approx.21x)
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent):Still 4:3: 25-200mm / Movie 4:3: 34-272mm (SteadyShot Standard) 34-381 (SteadyShot Active) / Still 16:9: 28-224mm / Movie 16:9: 28-224mm (SteadyShot Standard) 28-314mm (SteadyShot Active)
- Lens Construction:8 elements in 7 groups (including 5 aspheric elements)
- Minimum Focus Distance:iAuto: AF (W: Approx. 5cm (0.16 ft.) to Infinity, T: Approx. 150cm (4.92 ft.) to Infinity) / Program Auto: AF (W: Approx. 5cm (0.16 ft.) to Infinity, T: Approx. 150cm (4.92 ft.) to Infinity)
- Aspheric Elements:5
- Steady Shot Mode:Active:Yes
- LCD Type:2.7" Clear Photo LCD (230K dots)
- Brightness Control:5 (Bright) / 4 / 3 / 2 / 1 (Dark)
- Grid Display:Yes (Off / On)
- AF Modes:Multi Point AF / Center Weighted AF / Spot AF / Tracking Focus / Face Tracking Focus
- AF Illuminator:Auto / Off
- Metering Modes:Multi Pattern / Center Weighted / Spot
- Exposure Compensation:Plus / Minus 2.0EV, 1 / 3EV step
- Scene Mode(s):High Sensitivity / Soft snap / Soft Skin / Landscape / Night Portrait / Night Scene / Gourmet / Beach / Snow / Fireworks / Pet mode
- D-Range Optimizer:Standard / Plus / Off
- ISO:Auto / 80 / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200
- White Balance Mode:Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Fluorescent 1 (White Fluorescent Lighting) / Fluorescent 2 (Natural White Fluorescent Lighting) / Fluorescent 3 (Day White Fluorescent Lighting) / Incandescent / Flash / One Push, One Push Set
- Self-timer:Off / 10sec. / 2sec. / portrait1 / portrait2
- Shutter Speeds:iAuto (2" - 1/1,600) / Program Auto (1" - 1/1,600)
- Burst Mode:Approx 1 fps at 16.1MP (Maximum 100 shots)
- Flash Modes:Auto / Flash On / Slow Synchro / Flash Off / Advanced Flash
- Flash Coverage:ISO Auto: Approx. 0.3m to 2.8m (11 7/8 in. to 9 ft. 2 1/4 in.)(W) / Approx. 1.5m to 2 m (4 ft. 11 1/8 in. to 6 ft. 6 3/4 in.)(T), ISO3200: up to Approx. 5.3 m (17 ft. 4 3/4 in.)(W) / Approx. 3.3 m (11 ft. 10 in.)(T)
- Erase/Protect:Erase: Single / Select / Date / Folder, Protect: Single / Select / Date / Folder
- Power Save Mode:Standard / Max / Off
- Face Detection:8 Faces
- Smile Shutter technology:Yes
- Image Stabilization:Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization with Active Mode
- In-Camera Editing:Trimming / Unsharp Masking / Beauty Effect / Date view
- Intelligent Auto:Yes
- Shooting Tips:Yes
- Blink Detection:Yes
- Priority Setting (for Face Detection):(Auto / Off / Child Priority / Adult Priority)
- Memory Card Slot:MS Duo and SD/SDHC/SDXC compatible
- SD Output:Composite
- USB Port(s):Multi (AV/USB), Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0)
- Dimensions (Approx.):W x H x D: 3 3/4" x 2 1/8" x 29/32" (93.1mm x 52.3mm x 22.5mm)
- Weight (Approx.):4.3 oz. (122g)
- Weight(Approx) (Main unit only):3.7 oz. (106g)
- Battery Type:LITHIUM ION NP-BN 3.6V
- Battery Capacity:typical: 2.3Wh (630mAh), minimum: 2.2Wh (600mAh)
- Power Consumption (in Operation):Approx. 1.2W
- Power Requirements:AC 100V to 240V, 50/60 Hz, 70mAh
- Picture Effects:Toy camera / Pop Color / Partial color / Soft High-key
2014 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony, Cyber-shot, SteadyShot, Smile Shutter, Sweep Panorama, Super HAD and the Sony make.believe logo are trademarks of Sony. Microsoft, Windows, and Windows Vista are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Mac is a trademark of Apple, Inc. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners. Features and specifications subject to change without notice.
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras on our review page: Point-and-Shoot Cameras
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The W830 is within Sony's "budget" range of compact cameras and is available for a fairly low price, but sacrifices a lot of extra features the more "premium" cameras have, such as WiFi, NFC, extra zoom and better components etc...
This camera comes in our different colours (black, silver, purple or pink) and is so compact, it can fit into the palm of my hand. It's also very comfortable camera to hold and is very light in weight.
Photo quality is okay, it can take some pretty decent photos but due to its small sensor, quality is going to be limited.
♦ Box Contents & Recommended Extras ♦
- Box Contents: W830 Digital Camera | Battery | USB Cable | AC Adaptor | Power Cable | Wrist Strap | Instruction Manual.
- Recommended Extras: SDHC Memory Card* | Spare Battery.
* There's no flash memory(well, enough to take 4 photos), so getting one of these are a must! (You can go for any brand you want, however I would recommend a memory card with no less than 8GB memory capacity & of class 10).
♦ Ease of Use & Navigation ♦
Personally, I found the camera really easy to navigate around, both externally and internally.
There aren't too many buttons located around the camera like you would find on the more advanced cameras.
To select which shooting mode you want (photo, panoramic or filming), there is a little slider on the back that allows you to switch between each one.
When it comes to different modes within the cameras software, just click the menu button and scroll through. You have four different modes to choose from:
Intelligent Auto: "Exposure adjustment with automatic settings".
Program Auto: "Auto exposure with adjustable settings".
Picture Effect: Choose between the "Toy Camera", "Pop Colour", "Partial Colour" or "Soft High-Key" effects.
Scene Selection: 11 different pre-set modes to choose from that will adjust the settings for different scenes, such as "Portrait", "Landscape", "Night Scene", "Beach" & "Snow".
Compared to how other cameras handle taking panoramic photos, Sony's cameras makes it really easy to take such photos, you literally press the shutter button and sweep the camera from left to right, which it then stitches them all together for you.
Movie mode there are only two settings to select from; "Auto" & "Picture Effect".
♦ Photo & Video Quality ♦
A higher mega-pixel count in a camera does not mean it's going to have better photo quality compare to a camera that has less mega-pixels, there's more to it; sensor size, lens quality & the imaging processor etc... The more mega-pixels there are, means the larger prints you can get without the loss of image quality, but if you don't have a decent photo then you're just left with having an oversized photo that takes up more space on your memory card (Roughly 7.5MB per photo!).
Baring in mind this camera is more towards the budget range, the quality isn't going to be crisp, and unfortunately after dealing with some higher-end cameras, it's made me notice the poorer quality much more than what I would have done so beforehand.
So photo quality results I've had whilst using this camera have been a mixed bag, many shots taken have looked pretty sharp, clear and genuinely really good, whereas other times not so much with photos looking blurred and a bit grainy.
This camera performs well outdoors in decent lighting; landscapes, portrait or taking photos of flowers came out really well in my opinion, only rarely would I have a random problem with exposure.
With the zoom, I had a lot of issues regarding to the focus, on the camera screen I wouldn't think twice, but it's when I have the images on my computer, I notice the images are actually blurred... Ooops, too late for retakes!
Low-lighting conditions are a hit or miss with this camera, most photos come out okay, it's only when you start zooming into the photos you'll notice the slight noise that comes with the photo, other times the noise can be apparent straight away, along with the photo not being as sharp as it could.
Panoramic images looked great with the image zoomed out to fill the screen on my laptop, but when you zoom in you can tell the quality isn't quite there.
Using the 720p setting when filming videos were okay, nothing special but is at a level where it's good for home videos etc... That's about it.
If there is one thing I could say that really bothered me, it would be the screen. In-low lighting conditions, the screen can seem fuzzy and there is some very noticeable lag when moving the camera around.
♦ Final Opinion ♦
The W830 is an okay camera, not the best but certainly not the worst. Its size will be very convenient for people who want a camera that can simply slip into ones pocket, and most of the time can deliver decent snapshots, with the ability to zoom in 8x to get those out of reach subjects.
This camera definitely has its ups and downs so I've listed the ones that have stood out to me during my use.
✓ Very compact.
✓ Comfortable to hold.
✓ Easy to navigate & use.
✓ Has the ability to take some decent photos.
✓ Partial colour is a really cool mode that singles out a single colour in a photo (blue, green, red or yellow).
✓ Sweep panorama mode makes it simple to take such photos, all in one sweeping motion.
✘ Poor in low-lighting conditions.
✘ Sometimes struggles focusing when using zoom.
✘ Video quality not the best.
✘ Screen looks fuzzy when in low-lighting conditions.
Most recent customer reviews
But . . . the reality is that there is little point now in a low cost camera if you have a decent phone.Read more