Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,186 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,234 reviews
on September 22, 2013
I bought this for my daughter who's taking Organic Chemistry from a professor whose lectures ramble all over the place. She records his lectures then listens to it again where she can rewind, take detailed notes, and really sort it out. She LOVES it and so do her classmates who have asked that she send them the digital audio file as well. She can save it on her computer, burn it to a CD, listen to it in her car. Perfect for learning a tough subject! The device works great, picks up the audio wonderfully and is small enough to not be intrusive. I am VERY pleased with this purchase!
44 comments| 570 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 1, 2016
I have owned this for a little over 6 months and have arguably used only a few of it's basic functions. But, I am a sound engineer, and the quality of the recording is the most important point as long as the ease of making the recording is reasonable. The sound quality of the recording of this device is exceptional, and just making a simple voice recording is trivial! For around $50 dollars, it sound close to professional microphones for the twice the price. The battery life is also exceptional, because it seems for the 2 or 3 minutes I plug in the USB connector to transfer a few voice recordings, it charges. In fact, I don't even know how to charge it otherwise because it has never come up.
on March 25, 2016
Bought this because I had to record several one hour sessions for work. I knew there would be a lot of talking and asking questions and answers provided, so I didn't want to miss anything when I had to translate. It is sensitive enough to pick-up everything but that also is a downfall when others are talking simultaneously, papers are being shuffled, pens tapping, etc. Instruction paper that came with it was just OK. Learning curve for using the buttons.

One down side is that you can only have five (5) folders to separate your work. If you can add more, could not find where to make more folders. Had to remember to download that day's folder onto my computer before using it the next day.

I prefaced the meeting with the description and that created the initial folder. When I pressed the record button again, it remained it the same folder but it created a second recording under the folder. So essentially, you have two recordings (one stating the meeting name and then you have to press another button (I think the fast forward button - sorry don't have it in front of me while writing this) to listen to the second recording (the actual meeting) under that initial folder).

Depending on the quality of the recording you select, depends on the number of hours of recording it can hold. Audio is more than adequate when listening without headphone. Audio is also more than adequate when transferring to the PC and listening. I have nothing to compare this to but I would definitely recommend for recording.

Reason for four **** stars is because of the limitations of folders to separate the files. Should be able to create more than five separate recordings
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 28, 2015
For the price, this is a good quality, portable recorder. It's strength over other similar units is that you can connect it to your PC via USB to transfer recordings (you'd think that all portable recorders do that, but read their descriptions carefully: you'll find that many do not allow "offloading" of the digital recording to a computer), the ability to add a micro SDXC card to expand memory (again, a feature not on all portable recorders in this price range), it's lightness, and its ease of operation via only a small number of buttons on the front of the device. You have a series of recording quality options (but no lossless, PCM format), and the unit will hold many, many hours of recordings in its internal memory (4 Gb), but then if you add in an inexpensive micro SDXC card, you can record for extremely long periods of time, even at the highest quality settings. The microphone quality is perfectly acceptable for a device in this price range, and you can get some good quality voice recordings with it. (If you need more professional results with lossless recording ability and higher quality microphones and electronics, try the Sony PCM-M10 Sony PCM-M10 Portable Audio Recorder). A small, cloth carrying pouch is provided, nice to help keep the device from getting scuffed up in your bag while you are carrying it around, but will not protect from hard drops. Five stars.
on February 19, 2016
This is a great little recorder. It has mutable functions like voice activated recording, microphone recording, interview, lecture, meeting, and voce notes. You can put the recordings in different folders to keep everything organized. With out added micro SD card the preinstalled 4GB hard drive gives you 43h 55m of record time. If you need to you can add a Micro SD card for extra record time. But what puts this aside of the rest of the voice recorders is that you can connect this to your computer and transfer all the recorded files for later reference. This is a must for every student that is able to record there teachers lecture.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 5, 2013
Works well so far. Conducted interview and sound was excellent. Wish I didn't need instructions, but it's not too complicated. Also can connect to computer with USB cable included and uses normal batteries.
0Comment| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2014
I had one of these for over two years then I lost it while in the woods. All of the features matched my needs. The ability to store music, podcast, and make my own voice recordings made it a one-device does all for me. You can set date/time on recordings (music or voice recording) to play as an alarm so I wake up to a different song each day of the week. The sound quality is excellent and when you use Sony's Sound Organizer you can easily set-up podcast downloads, move music and recordings to/from your PC. Anyway, I lost one of these and I looked for it for a month or two and I just couldn't stand being without it so I bought this replacement. I didn't rate it at 5 stars because the display isn't back-lit. Everything is great on this device except you can't see the screen in low light without you flashlight or something. Some folks say the menus are complicated but I disagree. The right-left button scrolls through the top level menu and then there is a choice for "Details" to take you to a second level. A different list of menu items may appear if you are in playback or record mode. It wasn't long for me to get familiar with how it works. Oh and the batteries...I have left it running all night in the woods to "listen" for game sounds. I retrieve it and review the recording in Sound Organizer for peaks in the sound graph. I can do this three nights on one pair of batteries. It's very efficient with energy consumption. It can go 16-20 hours easy on a battery and records.

Another cool thing about this device is it has an external speaker so you can chose to use ear phones or just playback through the speaker. It also has a mic-in jack so you can add one of those ear piece microphones and record meetings or conference calls for later use to take notes. All in all, I have been very pleased with this device and my 15 year-old son has bought one and is using it to keep all of his music on now...and he has iPhone and other devices but he likes this thing better.
22 comments| 315 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 20, 2013
I had the ICD PX-312, which was damaged by battery leak, I have bought this one. High quality voice recorder, and easy to use.
on June 16, 2015
Worked better than I expected. I have not used it extensively; rather, not very often.

Pros: I have used it when I need to voice record conversations and lectures I want to review, or hide it in my pocket for more clandestine purposes. Couldn't believe that it actually picked up voices through my suit jacket or pants pocket (though distant during playback).

Cons: It is not as user friendly as I would have imagined. No instruction book included. I had to test multiple settings in order to find those that fit my needs.

Annoying feature: When you want to delete a recording, the device begins playing the recording until you finalize the deletion.
on November 11, 2016
This recorder is great! Lightweight, easy to use, great sound quality. The process of downloading recordings to the computer is as easy as connecting it via USB. The software recognizes there is a new recording and with a click transfers it to the appropriate folder. Play back is easy and amazingly clear through computer speakers.