BCA Month Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 22, 2009
The mic is actually much smaller than I expected, yet the functionality is flawless. The ability to detach the mic is useful, though I prefer to leave it behind my keyboard. I use it for gaming, and the people I play with haven't complained yet.
-------
Pros
-------
+ small size
+ good functionality
+ (seems) durable
+ detachability and clip-on attachment

------
Cons
------
- somewhat short cord length
- cord is thin, may break easily

UPDATE:

I've used this mic for over a year now, and I find that what the person commenting states is correct; there tends to be a lot of background noise, especially with fans running in the background. I have a soundcard that actively cancels sound from the speakers and provides some background noise reduction, so my review is biased. The quality of recording is fair, and works well when clipped to one's collar or over-ear headphones.
on January 20, 2010
I needed a new mic for my video and music projects. The mic I had been using had served me well for many years, but it really wasn't suited for recording directly to the PC. This mic is, and I've been happy with it since the day I bought it. I really don't have any complaints. The clip makes it easy to hold the mic at a consistent distance. And the stand allows for hands free use as well. I'm always experimenting with electronic equipment in order to get the sounds and images that I want, and I have to say that pound for pound, this is one of the best little mics I've ever gotten for this price.
on December 20, 2014
such a tiny mic, it works, but the cord it also very thin and fragile, and tangles easily.
I would NOT recommend this, but instead something a little more durable.
on March 21, 2010
The photo fooled me and the SONY brand fooled me too.
I should have saved (...) and gotten a cheaper mic.
This SONY mic is so tiny it appears to be made for a
doll house. It needs to be held close to your face to
work clearly. I tried all adjustments and still can not
just put it on the desk and talk. Not worth (...).
on July 1, 2011
I could not believe how good this little tiny microphone picked up sounds from all around. It is well worth the money if you have meetings or other events where you need to capture sounds from many different areas. The size is just amazing. So tiny & easy to carry & handle.
on January 8, 2011
Sound quality is miles ahead of the $12 mic that it replaced for voice over work ... well worth it. Cord is about 3 1/2 feet long ... not long enough for my desk and computer arrangement. Another couple of feet of cord would be great.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.