Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

• Customer Reviews

Showing 1-10 of 723 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 780 reviews
on June 2, 2014
Hi all,

This alarm clock is great! Small footprint, aesthetically modern, easy to setup (plug in right out of the box and program) and use.

The number one factor that almost kept me from buying this was complaints from people regarding the Alarm buzzer function being too quite. Let me state clearly that it was designed this way and gets progressively louder and more frequent the longer it goes. The idea is that it wakes you softly. If you are a heavy sleeper, you will not be woken up immediately by this alarm but you almost certainly will be within 30 seconds to a minute.

Another nice feature is the orange lighting. It is bright enough at night to see the digits but is by no means bright enough to cause any room illumination issues.

My wife and I are very happy with this and would suggest it to anyone who needs the dual alarm function, would like a small but modern design and wants something that just works and is easy to setup.
22 comments| 232 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2016
I have bought Sony Alarm clocks for decades. They are the only company I ever bought actually. And i have always loved them. This one I am not a big fan of at all. Sure as an alarm it works but then most do, so thats not a problem. The problem is in the design. They focused more on making it a work of art rather than it being easily functional. In doing so, they made many of the control buttons on the top recessed and completely flush with the top body. The button to turn the alarm OFF is Flush and not only that it is very small. The number buttons on most home remote controls are larger than the button. To put it in true perspective if you took a micro SD card and cut it 4 equal squares (Half it and then half that half), that's about the size of the off button....or 1/4 inch squared. Imagine trying to find that size button in the dark and remember it is flush with the body. The other buttons that are flush but are the largest buttons are the buttons you slide to set the alarm (either keep it off, set it to buzz, or set it to play the radio). Once again because its flush its still hard to tell if get it into the BUZZ (the middle position) position without going too far to either end (Off which is the left end or RADIO which is the right end). As I say I love Sony, but I would not really recommend this alarm to anyone. And dont ever tell someone else to turn the alarm OFF, and especially not in the dark!!!! A stranger would never know where the OFF button is because its so small and flush. The actual OFF button would probably be the last thing they push (given they are in light and can see) and simply because it has small words they can read. And the Alarm button says "ALARM RESET" so its probably even still not going to be obvious that it is the button to press. On most devices RESET means to change the time (such as CLOCK RESET). So even Alarm Reset can be confusing as a title to stop the alarm from sounding.
review image review image review image
on March 29, 2015
This is a pretty solid Alarm clock radio. There are a couple issues that I have with it, though. One: is the fact that to stop the alarm you have to turn the alarm off completely. The problem with this is if you have to remember to turn the alarm back on every night. This is the first alarm clock that I've had to do this with. Most of the alarm clocks I have had simply had a button to stop the alarm, but I never had something like this where you have to turn the alarm off and then remember to turn it back on.
Two: The alarm isn't very loud. It wakes me up, but I can imagine sleeping through it on one of those nights where I've had very little sleep the previous night and I am essentially comatose sleeping.
Lastly, for what it is, it's pretty pricey.
So for those reasons I am giving it four stars. It's not perfect, but it does what it's supposed to do, and I must admit that I do like the clocks mirrored front. That's pretty cool.

Edit: I just wrote my original review yesterday and I have to edit it because one of the light bars has died. Keep in mind that I have had this clock for literally seven days. I received the clock on March 23rd and I'm writing this new edit review on March 30th. When I came home I noticed the display was already burnt out. How does that even happen? I haven't done anything but set it and forget it. I have it on the floor next to my bed because I don't have a bedside table, so it didn't drop or anything. So after burning out in only one week the new rating is two stars which could easily be one, but I don't hate the clock; it just burnt out somehow. I've attached a picture as to show what I am talking about as well.
review image
on May 23, 2014
I like that the time lighting has 3 separate brightness levels and 2 types of alarms - radio and buzzer. Also can tell at a glance whether the alarms are on or off.
on March 10, 2015
A really nice alarm clock for the money. My favorite part is the gradual alarm which I usually stop before it wakes up my spouse. The light has 3 brightness settings and is very pleasant even late.
review image review image review image
on February 10, 2016
The clock went crazy: spins digits on the screen, beeps, doesn't respond when buttons are pushed. Randomly changes time or alarm time, to some random time. Because of this, the alarm went off a couple times at night when I was sleeping at 3 AM and 5 AM. This morning, I was late to work because the alarm set itself to a different time, and I didn't wake up on time. When all this happens, all or most buttons don't respond. I have to unplug it from power. Unplugging and plugging in back doesn't help - it continues doing the same crazy thing. This happened rarely a half year ago but now this happens almost every week and even every day last. Normally it needs a half an hour to return to normal work but today - it was doing this all day long - when I left home to go to work and when I returned back home in the evening.
on December 14, 2016
After buying several other clock radios that were terrible I came upon this one in a last ditch effort to find something! I LOVE this clock! It's easy to set the time and alarms. I did it without having to look at the instructions. Previous clocks I needed to read the instructions each and every time (stupidly complicated). The clock set it's own time, I just needed to pick the time zone, again very easy! One of the best things was the clock is very easy to see in the light or dark, but it does not light up the room. My previous clock cast a shadow even on dim mode. The radio has reasonable sound quality and the part I like is it's a manual dial. Meaning if the clock looses power, you don't loose everything. Past clock even though it had batteries if you had a flicker in the power everything was gone and I needed to get the darn instructions out again (grr). Highly recommend this one!!! I Might even buy a couple more for when this one does die.
on February 10, 2017
We have had this alarm for just over 2 years. The first year we loved it and would have rated it a 5 star product but gradually it began to lose time and the function to reset the clock stopped working so that it was always 7 minutes behind the actual time. It was easy enough to live with this but this morning when the clock randomly decided to spring ahead and the alarm went off an hour earlier than it should have we decided it is time to trash it and hopefully find something of better quality. For what we paid for it it should have had a much longer life expectancy than what it did...no more Sony brand products for us as this is not the first time we had their products fail after a short time.
on May 3, 2016
I had such high hopes for this clock, with its easy-to-read numbers and clean design. But it's now 1 year and 3 months later, and it's already showing signs of going caput. It will frequently flash the 2nd alarm time for no apparent reason.

More importantly, the automatic time setting function has always been 5 minutes behind. Most of the time, I remember this and just set the alarm for 5 minutes earlier. Other times, I forget and then it becomes a massive inconvenience, because I'm the type who likes to linger an extra 5-10 minutes.
on March 4, 2017
Very pleased with this clock which had the best mix of price and features and good review ratings for our needs. Favorite points:

-- battery back-up
-- dual alarms
-- fairly intuitive controls
-- snooze feature that lets you pick 10 minutes per-click (beats rolling over and hitting a button every 7 to 9 minutes to get another "40 winks")
-- decent (for its size) audio quality and reception on the radio (had an older model Sony that had very poor reception, but this is OK
expecially since it is only running for 10 minutes or less when it goes off as an alarm :-) )
-- compact size leaves plenty of room for a book, phone, etc. on the nightstand