Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Sony a7R II Full-Frame Mirrorless Interchangeable ..." and save 34% off the $3,149.60 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Camera Protection Planfrom Assurant
- Accidental damage starts day one; mechanical and electrical failures are covered after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
- Delivered by e-mail; register and file claims online or by phone.
- Free 2-way shipping for repairs.
- Fully transferable if you give as a gift.
- Cancel anytime.
Sony a7R II Full-Frame Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera, Body Only (Black) (ILCE7RM2/B)
|Price:||$2,698.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$200.00 (7%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- World’s first Full-frame back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor-42.4MP, 5-axis in-body image stabilization optimized for 42.4MP full-frame, 4K movie recording with full pixel readout and no pixel binning
- 2.4-million dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder w/ ZEISS T* coating, Simple connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi and NFC w/ camera apps, Fast focal plane phase-detection AF realized with A-mount lenses
- Shutter vibration suppression, first curtain shutter, and silent shutter, Resolution meets sensitivity 42.4MP up to ISO 102,400 / 4K up to 25,600, Durable, reliable and ergonomically enhanced for professional use
- Fast Hybrid AF with 399 focal plane phase-detection AF points
- Lens Compatibility: Sony Full Frame E-mount lenses
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Sony α7R II Full-frame Mirrorless Interchangeable-Lens Camera
Realism meets resolution and sensitivity - with the world's first (1) back-illuminated 35 millimeter full-frame CMOS image sensor. The α7R II increases image quality with 42.4MP resolution, up to ISO 102,400 sensitivity and speedy response with 5fps and a Fast Hybrid AF system (399 AF points).
World’s first (1) Full-frame back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor with 42.4 MP
The newly developed 35mm Exmor R CMOS sensor is the world’s first full-frame sensor with back-illuminated structure. The structure combines gapless on-chip lens design and AR (anti-reflective) coating on the surface of the sensor's glass seal - with no low-pass filter - to dramatically improve light collection efficiency, even though the pixels are smaller than the ones in the α7R. Moreover, the wiring layer now uses copper (instead of aluminum) wiring for faster transmission speed (2). The results are truly remarkable – with incredibly detailed 42.4 megapixel stills and 4k video with high sensitivity - up to ISO 102,400 (3), low-noise performance and wide dynamic range that are superior to previous models.
5-axis in-body image stabilization optimized for 42.4MP full-frame
The 5-axis SteadyShot INSIDE image stabilization system is fine-tuned for high-resolution image sensors. It accurately compensates for blur caused by camera shake from five different directions—vertical, horizontal, pitch, yaw and roll—as opposed to only two in previous systems. The 5-axis image stabilizing system excels during video recording and even compensates for blur caused by the photographer walking or running. It’s a true marvel of engineering. You can even monitor the stabilizing effects of camera shake compensation in the viewfinder or LCD screen while shooting still images by pressing the shutter button halfway or magnifying the image, and while shooting movies by entering movie mode.
4K movie recording (5) with full pixel readout and no pixel binning
The α7R II is the world’s first (1) camera to offer 4K movie recording (5) to internal media in the full-frame format. It also provides you the option of shooting 4k in the super 35mm format. Enjoy the expansive power that the full-frame image sensor can express in 4k with direct pixel readout and no line skipping. In super-35 format, the α7R II employs oversampling with full pixel readout and no line skipping or pixel binning - resulting in images that exhibit higher resolution and less moiré and jaggies than typical 4K movies. Fast hybrid AF with 399 phase detection AF points and 5-axis image stabilization take movie making to a new level.
Fast Hybrid AF with 399 focal plane phase-detection AF pts
Your shots of action can look clearer than ever, thanks to a new full-frame image sensor that assures the world’s highest number of focal plane phase-detection AF points, at 399, and the widest coverage, of 45% of the image area (1). With its accelerated readout and an advanced algorithm to anticipate subject movement, the sensor also makes it possible for the Fast Hybrid AF system with additional 25-point contrast-detection AF points to raise speed, accuracy, and tracking performance to incredible heights, even when shooting at up to 5fps at 42.4MP. Faster readout thanks to the back-illuminated structure of the image sensor improved AF response so dramatically that the AF system of the α7R II instantly captures even fast-moving subjects with razor-sharp clarity.
2.4-million dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder w/ ZEISS T* coating
See every detail in every scene with the XGA OLED Tru-Finder electronic viewfinder. The new four-lens optical system with double-sided aspherical elements provides views of cutting-edge clarity and contrast throughout the entire width and length of the display. Better yet, ZEISS T* coating ensures absolutely minimal surface reflection. You’ll enjoy rich tonal gradations and high-end features like 100% frame coverage, and the world's highest (1) magnification in a full-frame camera with EVF at 0.78x7. View every scene in rich detail as the viewfinder faithfully displays what will appear in your recording, including the effects of your camera settings, so you can accurately monitor the results.
Simple connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi/NFC
Thanks to built-in Wi-Fi, you can easily connect to a compatible iOS or Android smartphone or tablet with the free PlayMemories Mobile App. From there you can control your camera, preview and frame using your mobile device and trigger the camera shutter or movie button. Then instantly transfer a photo or MP4 movie to your device. NFC (Near Field Communication) provides 'one-touch connection' convenience to Android smartphones and tablets with NFC. Simply touch devices to connect. Setting up your mobile device is as simple as downloading a free PlayMemories Mobile app.
Personalize your camera with PlayMemories Camera Apps (9)
Add new features to your α7R II with PlayMemories Camera Apps (9). Find apps to fit your shooting style - with everything from time lapse, motion shot and more. Use apps that shoot, share and save photos to your smartphone using Wi-Fi, making it easy to post photos directly to your favorite social media site or backup images to the cloud without connecting to a computer.
Focal plane phase-detection AF with A-mount lenses (10)
The α7R II offers focal plane phase-detection AF with A-mount lenses, (10) so you can take advantage of the wide AF coverage of 399 focal plane phase-detection AF points, high-speed response, high tracking capability and high optical performance of A-mount lenses. This is only possible with A-mount lenses mounted using a LA-E3 or LA-EA1 (APS C format with LA-EA1) lens mount adaptor and that have a SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) or SAM (Smooth Autofocus Motor).
Durable reduced-vibration shutter
The new shutter's braking mechanism cuts mechanical front/rear curtain vibration by about 50% (2). Also, use the electronic front curtain for even less vibration. This not only minimizes camera shake that can blur details in 42.4-megapixel images — it makes the shutter durable enough to have been tested to 500,000 cycles (4).
Tough magnesium alloy body and robust lens mount
Designed for solid reliability and steady handling, the α7R II's compact body is built to withstand the rigors of shooting in the field, thanks to an internal structure and top, front, and rear covers all made of strong, rigid magnesium alloy. Furthermore, the α7R II features a robust lens mount with the strength and rigidity to match the body – this is especially good for mounting large, heavy lenses such as super telephoto lenses and those preferred for movie shooting.
3" LCD screen tilts up & down for high & low-angle framing
The tiltable 3 inch (1,229k dots) Xtra Fine LCD Display makes it easy to photograph over crowds, or objects close to the ground or maybe you just want to get a different perspective. The screen can swivel up approx. 107 degree and down approximately 41 degree. The large display delivers brilliant-quality still images and movies thanks to WhiteMagic technology that nearly doubles the brightness of the display through a unique RGBW pixel structure for easier checking of the focus and image details.
2015 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony is not responsible for typographical and photographic errors. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.
1 Among digital cameras with a 35mm full-frame image sensor at the time of June 2015 press release, based on Sony research.
2 In comparison with the α7R.
3 ISO 100-25600 expandable to ISO 50–102400 for shooting still images.
4 According to Sony internal testing, with the electronic front curtain shutter activated.
5 Movie recording is possible for approximately 29 minutes.
6 A class 10 or higher SDXC memory card is required to record movies in the XAVC S format. UHS Speed Class 3 is also required for recording at 100Mbps.
7 Among digital still camera viewfinders at the time of June 2015 press release. Full-display diagonal field of view: approx. 38.5 degrees; live-view-display diagonal field of view: approx. 37.2 degrees. The viewfinder magnification is approx. 0.78x (with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m-1). As of June 2015 based on Sony research.
8 Some functions can only be assigned to certain buttons.
9 Requires a valid Sony Entertainment Network account. Some apps require a fee.
10 Requires optional LA-EA1 or LA-EA3 lens adaptor with SSM or SAM A-mount lens.
Sony, BIONZ X, Exmor R, PlayMemories Home, PlayMemories Mobile, PlayMemories Camera Apps, PlayMemories Online, SteadyShot INSIDE, Xtra Fine LCD and the Sony logo are trademarks of Sony Corporation. AVCHD is a trademark of Panasonic Corporation and Sony Corporation. Windows is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation. Mac OS and iMovie are trademarks of Apple Computers, Inc. HDMI are a trademark of HDMI Licensing LLC. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.
|Battery Type||Lithium Ion|
|Compatible Mountings||Sony Mirrorless|
|Display Fixture Type||tilting|
|Display Size||3 inches|
|Effective Still Resolution||42.4 MP|
|External Memory Included||No|
|Flash Memory Type||SDXC|
|Flash Modes Description||Auto, Fill-in, Flash on, Hi-speed sync, Red-eye reduction, Second curtain synchro, Slow synchronization|
|Item Dimensions||5.67 x 6.1 x 9.61 inches|
|Item Weight||3 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||7.3 Watt Hours|
|Lithium Battery Voltage||7.2 Volts|
|Lithium Battery Weight||3.5 grams|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description|
|Maximum Shutter Speed||30.0 seconds|
|Memory Slots Available||1|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||0 MP|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CMOS|
|Photo Sensor Technology||cmos|
|Processor Description||bionz x|
|Shipping Weight||2.95 pounds|
|Supported Battery Types||NP-FW50|
|Video Capture Format||4K, HD|
|Video Capture Resolution||other|
Compare to similar items
This item Sony a7R II Full-Frame Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera, Body Only (Black) (ILCE7RM2/B)
Sony Alpha a7II Mirrorless Digital Camera - Body Only
Sony Alpha a7RII ILCE-7RM2 Full Frame Camera Body - International Version (No Warranty)
Sony Alpha a6500 Digital Camera with 2.95-Inch LCD (Body Only)
Sony a7S II ILCE7SM2/B 12.2 MP E-mount Camera with Full-Frame Sensor, Black
Sony a7 Full-Frame Mirrorless Digital Camera with 28-70mm Lens
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Screen Size||3 in||3 in||3 in||2.95 in||3 in||3 in|
|Item Dimensions||6.1 x 9.61 x 5.67 in||2.36 x 5 x 3.78 in||5 x 2.37 x 3.77 in||2.8 x 15.7 x 2.13 in||6.1 x 9.61 x 5.67 in||1.89 x 5 x 3.7 in|
|Item Weight||3 lbs||1.32 lbs||1.38 lbs||0.91 lb||2.98 lbs||1.04 lbs|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||0 megapixels||24.3 megapixels||—||24.2 megapixels||12.2 megapixels||24.3 megapixels|
|Photo Sensor Size||Full Frame||Full frame (35.8 x 23.9 mm)||full_frame||aps-c||Full Frame||Full frame (35.8 x 23.9mm)|
|Video Capture Resolution||other||1080p_hd||4k||4K (3840 x 2160)||other||1080p_hd|
|Viewfinder||LCD||LCD||electronic viewfinder||electronic viewfinder||electronic viewfinder||LCD|
Sony a7R II Full-Frame Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera, Body Only (Black) (ILCE7RM2/B)
Top customer reviews
For the past year, I've also brought along a Sony A7R (with 16-35 and 24-70 zeiss lenses). It was a slow, clunky focusing camera with an amazing sensor. I liked the mirrorless concept, so I tolerated its faults. The mark ii version is a vast improvement; about 5 generations ahead of the old one. Sony has fixed just about everything about A7R, while adding some unique features.
I am the last person on earth to run out and buy the latest gear. I was lucky enough to walk into a local store who had one for me to try and buy. I was not happy about the price, but I could quickly see why it cost so much. The build quality and speed were terrific. You're definitely paying an early adopter fee for all the R&D. It will be years before all this technology becomes cheaper, so go ahead and buy it now. At least this time Sony includes 2 batteries and a charger.
1) This is the first camera to shoot as unobtrusively as my rangefinder film cameras, except that I get a really nice preview. DSLRs were always old technology slapped onto modern technology. I hate DSLRs because you constantly need to 'chimp' and take your eyes away from the viewfinder to check exposure. With mirrorless, you can get a full what-you-see-is-what-you-get preview before hitting the trigger. No need to review for focus or exposure.
2) The new viewfinder more improved then you can initially tell. When turning a polarizer, for instance, I can see the change in sky much better. The screen is sharper, bigger, and very high resolution. I can distinguish background blur from whats in focus, even with a 16mm at f/4. I can manually focus accurately without focus assist (but I do have very good eyes).
3) DR of the sensor is astounding. I'm considering not using grad nd filters anymore. Ignore people obsessing over lossless RAW.
4) The sensor stabilization really works. Works seamlessly with Zeiss lenses with stabilization (btw, upgrade your 24-70 to v2 firmware, I had already done so. Some people have focus issues, that is why!).
5) Soft shutter finally gets rid of camera shake on long lenses. I repurchased the 70-200 f/4, which works worlds better than on the mk1. Silent shutter allows hand held exposures that are super slow. e-front curtain shutter has a nice quick chirp sound, vs the old clunky a7r that drove me nuts.
6) Lots more settings and customization. I spent a good 4 hours customizing each switch. Then, I programmed the 1 and 2 dial for switching between tripod exposures and hand held. Lots more bracketing options. Bulb mode works better with wireless remote.
7) Focusing is great. Really great, even in low light with the f/4 lenses. My intention is to only use native sony lenses. The real focusing system works much better for closeups with wide angles, and other situations where the a7r struggled. You can disable the video button. The list goes on and on.
8) The camera is now lightning fast and super responsive. This is from the combination of fast shutter and focus.
8) Build quality is terrific. Gone is the twisty, bendable lens mount. Too bad they didn't use real gaskets (although tight build is important for good weather sealing).
9) Light meter. This doesn't get enough attention, but the meter is sooooo more accurate in mirrorless cameras in general, especially with portraits.
10) More lens choices coming soon. Sony and Zeiss are dedicated to the e-mount system.
11) Knock-off accessories are really good, and most from a7r work with a7rii
12) ISO performance is great, but I can't compare since I mostly only use 100-400 iso.
1) Update September 2015: True 14bit files are now available, which did matter for star trail photography and in some occasions.
2) Silent shutter and/or continuous mode will only give you only 12bit files. Use e-front curtain instead.
3) Spend a good 4 hours customizing all the buttons. Make the camera fit your needs.
4) I set the image review to off, which prevents the photographer from having to chimp, and allows a more subject connected, intuitive style of shooting that I associate with film rangefinder cameras. BTW Film SLRs were always terrible, and not made for fine-art photographers.
5) The Neewer Arca-Swiss Bracket for the A7ii fits the A7ii. Makes the camera a little bit taller, which is good.
1) Sony is still catching up with lens choices. No ultra-super-wide, no fisheye, no wide primes, etc. Some lenses are branded Zeiss, but are made by Sony and cost more for the zeiss name.
2) Battery life still sucks, but Wasabi batteries are cheap and good (easier than carrying film). Turn off the pre-focus, which will save power. Turn off camera when not in use.
3) No gaskets for super-duper weather sealing.
4) Included camera manual is useless. Spends more time on liability stuff than using the camera.
5) Camera is a bit small without a bottom arca swiss plate, even with my small hands.
**Random thought. Wouldn't it be great for Sony to make this into a Nikonos style underwater camera? Just a thought.
My experience does not include the use of Sony/Zeiss since I only have Canon glass to use with my Metabones adapter but the AF on this combination has been fast and accurate so far with the Canon 24-70mm 2.8 Mark II.
Dynamic range is a huge improvement over the Canon systems, along with the AF system. This thing just doesn't know when to stop. The resolution is just ridiculous and is giving my Mac Pro 3.7ghz Quad Core, 32gb ram, 2gb AMD FirePro a run for performance. Luckily I upgraded my computer not too long ago because my old Mac Pro probably would have died.
Anyways without getting into a long review, I am a believer! I will be leaving Canon after 12 years, it's finally time to say goodbye...
Check out my last shoot with this camera:
and my review using it for the first time:
Most recent customer reviews
The A7RII definitely takes better photos and fully exploits the FE lenses with its 42mp Full-Frame.Read more