Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Sony H400/B 20 MP Digital Camera" and save 31% off the $268.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Sony H400/B 20 MP Digital Camera
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Get everything up close with powerful 63x Optical Zoom
- Minimized blur with Optical SteadyShot Image stabilization
- MP Super HAD CCD sensor for beautifully detailed images
- Simplify camera menu with Easy Mode
- Picture Effect for more expressive photos
- Take stunning images in Sweep Panorama mode-up to 360
- Smile Shutter technology automatically captures smiles
|What you need to know – This product has a serial number that uniquely identifies the item. When your order ships, Amazon will scan the serial number and add it to the history of the order. Should the item go missing before it arrives, Amazon may register the serial number with loss and theft databases to prevent fraudulent use or resale of the item. There is no action required from you and the serial number will only be used to prevent fraudulent activity associated with the missing item.|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Sony DSCH300/B Digital Camera (Black)
Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX400V Wi-Fi Digital Camera
Canon PowerShot SX420 Digital Camera w/ 42x Optical Zoom - Wi-Fi & NFC Enabled (Black)
Nikon COOLPIX B500 Digital Camera (Black)
PANASONIC LUMIX FZ80 4K 60X Zoom Camera, 18.1 Megapixels, DC VARIO 20-1200mm Lens, F2.8-5.9, 4K 30p Video, Power O.I.S., WiFi – DC-FZ80K (USA BLACK)
|Price||From $184.91||Add to cart to see product details. Why?||$448.00||$229.00||$256.95||$347.99|
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Adorama Camera||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Screen Size||3 in||3 in||3 in||3 in||3 in||3 in|
|Item Dimensions||4.81 x 5.1 x 3.74 in||4.81 x 5.1 x 3.74 in||4.06 x 5.1 x 3.67 in||4.1 x 3.4 x 2.7 in||4.96 x 6.14 x 5.79 in||5.13 x 4.69 x 3.71 in|
|Item Weight||1.38 lbs||1.3 lbs||1.46 lbs||0.72 lb||1.92 lbs||1.36 lbs|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||20.4 megapixels||20.1 megapixels||21.1 megapixels||12 megapixels||16 megapixels||18.9 megapixels|
|Video Capture Resolution||1280 x 720 (30fps)||1280 x 720 (30 fps), 640 x 480 (30 fps)||1920 x 1080 (60p, 60i, 24p), 1440 x 1080 (30p), 640 x 480 (30p)||1280 x 720, 640 x 480||1080p (30 fps)||4k|
|Viewfinder||LCD||LCD||LCD||fixed LCD||flexible LCD||electronic viewfinder|
Sony DSCH400/B 20Digital Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD (black)
From the Manufacturer
Sony High Zoom Point and Shoot Camera
Capture the action up close with the powerful 63x zoom, 20.1MP camera that takes you there. Even shoot on the move thanks to Optical SteadyShot that helps minimize blur. Use Easy Mode to simplify the camera’s menu functions, plus add fun or dramatic looks with the built-in Picture Effects. It’s ready when you are.
Get everything up close with powerful 63x Optical Zoom
Get amazingly close with 63x optical zoom on a professional Carl ZEISS lens. Far off subjects are now in reach with amazing detail with this incredibly powerful zoom.
Shoot incredibly smooth video1 and stills
Shoot incredibly smooth video1 and still images with Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization with Active mode. This technology works to deliver sharp image quality with low noise and minimal blur even while the user is strolling and the camera is zoomed in.
20.1MP Super HAD CCD sensor for beautifully detailed images
A powerful 20.1 megapixel super HAD CCD image sensor helps you capture gorgeous images with superb contrast and clarity down to the finest detail.
Picture Effect for more expressive photos
Picture Effect adds a new level of expression to photos, making ordinary landscapes and portraits come to life by heightening mood and emphasizing certain attributes. Picture Effect can be applied to still images (4 modes), movies (4 modes) and panoramic shots (3 modes), giving photos and movies even greater impact.
Sweep Panorama mode (up to 360°)
Reach beyond the traditional wide angle lens, and capture more breathtaking shots with Sweep Panorama mode. Simply press the shutter button and sweep the camera in the desired direction and the camera continuously shoots at a high speed, then seamlessly stitches the images together with automatic position adjustment to create one stunning panoramic image. Available in wide and up to 360° full circle, the camera can take a variety of panoramic shots. Now capturing wide landscapes is as easy as press and sweep.
Smile Shutter technology automatically captures smiles
Smile Shutter technology captures a smile the moment it happens. Simply press the Smile Shutter button and the camera does the rest. You can also select adult and child priority and indicate the degree of Smile Detection sensitivity. Intelligent Scene Recognition can now be used together with Smile Shutter mode when the Intelligent Auto mode is on. This means that beautiful smiles can be captured with settings optimized for the particular scene, even in difficult conditions such as twilight and backlighting.
Shoot in challenging lighting situations with Party Mode
Shoot in challenging lighting situations with Party Mode. The camera automatically adjusts ISO sensitivity, exposure compensation and saturation to enable easy capturing of bright, vivid party photos.
Easy Operation with DSLR-like body & EVF
The DSC-H400 was designed with ease of use in mind. Its ergonomic grip, similar to those on standard single-lens reflex cameras, makes handling the camera easy. The Images are clearly displayed in the viewfinder, with minimal reflection, even when shooting outdoors in bright sunlight.
3.0” (921K dots) Clear Photo LCD display
Generous 3.0” (921K dots) Clear Photo LCD display features sharp, natural color that makes it easy to compose shots, read menus, and view photos, even in bright sunlight.
- Camera Type:High Zoom digital camera
- Imaging Sensor:1/2.3" Super HAD CCD Sensor
- Pixel Gross:20.4 MP
- Effective Picture Resolution:20.1 MP
- Color Filter System:RGB primary color mosaic filters
- Media Type:SD, SDHC and SDXC memory card
Memory Stick PRO Duo/Pro-HG Duo media
- Still Image Mode:JPEG
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution:Approx. 20.1 Megapixels
- Still Image Size 16:9:15M(5,152 x 2,896) / 2M(1,920 x 1,080)
- Still Image Size 4:3:20M(5,152 x 3,864) / 10M(3,648 x 2,736) / 5M(2,592 x 1,944)
- Panorama Still Image Size:Sweep Panorama:360°(11,520×1,080) / Wide(7,152 x 1,080/4,912 x 1,920) / Standard(4,912 x 1,080/3,424 x 1,920)
- Video Format:MP4 (AVC / H.264)
- Video Mode:1280x720(Fine)(1,280×720/30fps)/1280x720(Standard)(1,280×720/30fps)/VGA(640×480/30fps)
- Microphone/Speaker:Mono / Mono
- Still Image File Format:JPEG
- Lens Type:Sony Lens
- Aperture:f 3.4 - 6.5
- Optical Zoom:63x
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent):Still 4:3: 24.5 - 1550mm / Movie 4:3: 29.2 - 1849mm / Still 16:9:27.0 - 1700mm / Movie 16:9:32.1 - 2029mm
- Minimum Focus Distance:iAuto:AF(W:Approx.1cm(0.03 ft) to Infinity, T:Approx.350cm(11.48 ft) to Infinity) / Program Auto:AF(W:Approx.1cm(0.03 ft) to Infinity, T:Approx.350cm(11.48 ft) to Infinity)
- Type:.2" (0.5cm) EVF (201k)
- LCD Type:3.0" Clear Photo LCD (460K dots)
- Brightness Control:5(Bright) / 4 / 3 / 2 / 1(Dark)
- Grid Display:Yes
- AF Modes:Multi Point AF /Center Weighted AF / Spot AF / Tracking Focus / Face Tracking Focus
- AF Illuminator:Auto / Off
- Metering Modes:Multi Pattern / Center Weighted / Spot
- Exposure Compensation:Plus / Minus 2.0EV, 1 / 3EV step
- Scene Mode(s):High Sensitivity / Soft snap /Portrait / Landscape / Night Portrait / Night Scene / Gourmet / Beach / Snow / Fireworks / Pet mode / Party Mode
- D-Range Optimizer:Standard / Plus / Off
- ISO:Auto / 80 / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 /1600 / 3200
- White Balance Mode:Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Fluorescent 1 (White Fluorescent Lighting), Fluorescent 2 (Natural White Fluorescent Lighting), Fluorescent 3 (Day White Fluorescent Lighting), Incandescent, Flash, One Push, One Push Set
- Minimum Illumination:Auto:28lux(Shutter Speed 1/30)
- ISO Sensitivity (Movie):Auto:( ISO100-ISO 800 Level )
- Self-timer:Off / 10sec. / 2sec. / portrait1 / portrait2
- Shutter Speeds:iAuto(2 - 1/2000) / Program Auto(1 - 1/2000) / Manual(30 - 1/2000)
- Burst Mode:Approx.0.71 fps (100 shots)
- Flash Modes:Auto / Flash On / Slow Synchro / Flash Off / Advanced Flash
- Flash Coverage:ISO Auto: Approx.0.4m to 8.8m(1.3 ft to 28.8ft)(W) / Approx.3.5m to 4.6m(11.4 ft to 15.0ft)(T) / ISO3200: up to Approx. 12.4m(40.6 ft)(W) /Approx. 6.5m(21.3 ft)(T)
- Red-Eye Reduction:Auto / On / Off
- Erase/Protect:Erase: Single / Select / Date / Folder, Protect: Single / Select / Date / Folder
- Power Save Mode:Standard / Max /Off
- Sweep Panorama:Sweep Panorama (360)
- Face Detection:8 faces
- Smile Shutter technology:Yes
- Image Stabilization:Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization with Intelligent Active Mode
- Intelligent Auto:Yes
- Tracking Focus:Off / Auto
- Memory Card Slot:MS Duo and SD/SDHC compatible
- SD Output:Composite
- USB Port(s):Multi (AV/USB), Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0)
- Tripod Mount:Yes
- Dimensions (Approx.):W x H x D: 5 1/8" x 3 3/4" x 4 7/8" (129.6mm x 95.0mm x 122.3mm)
- Weight(Approx) (Main unit only):Approx 1lb 6.2oz (628g)
- Battery Type:NP-BX1
- Number of Still Images:Approx. 300 / Approx. 150min
- Power Consumption (in Operation):Approx.1.5W
- Power Requirements:AC 100V to 240V, 50/60 Hz, 70mA
- Supplied Software:Supplied Software: PlayMemories Home
- Operating System Compatibility:supported, Windows Image Mastering API(IMAPI) Ver.2.0 or later is required to use the function for creating discs.) Windows Vista SP2 (Starter Edition is not supported) Windows 7 SP1; Windows 8; Mac OS X (10.6-10.8)
- Limited Warranty Term:1year limited parts / 90days labor
- Picture Effects:Still/Movie:Toy camera/Pop Color/Partial color/SoftToy High-key; Panorama: Pop Color/Partial color/Soft High-key
2014 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony, Cyber-shot, SteadyShot, Smile Shutter, Sweep Panorama and the Sony BeMoved logo are trademarks of Sony. Microsoft, Windows, and Windows Vista are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Mac is a trademark of Apple, Inc. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners. Features and specifications subject to change without notice.
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras on our review page: Point-and-Shoot Cameras
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Some people are complaining about the lack of 'auto-focus' but I rather enjoy the fun of pressing the button half-way, trying to get the focus just right and then snapping the picture. It may take some getting used to but I think I would prefer telling it when to adjust the focus to the subject than it auto-focusing wherever it pleases. There is a slight 'lag' when taking the photo but it doesn't seem very significant. Someone said 1-2 seconds. It's more like 200ms. Again, I just consider it a fun handicap. The panorama function is very fun and the included strap feels nice and sturdy.
But the operation of this camera is ridiculous.
And I can't beleive all of the better and glowing reviews of this Sony H400.
This Sony camera model disappoints on soooo many levels.
First, Screw the users who bought this camera and are telling people that you shouldn't use the full auto shoot mode and learn to use this camera manually to get, sorta past, this cameras big shortcomings.
When I buy a what I perceive to be a good quality point and shoot camera with full auto shooting features, I expect it to perform fantanstic when using this mode.
I may explore the manual photo taking features later as I get used to the camera and all of its feature set, but initially, for awhile, I expect flawless performance of auto shooting camera that touts great peformance and pictures using auto mode!
This camera has some sort of issue as the delay in pressing the shutter button and when the shutter actually responds is a good second, maybe two, before the picture is taken.
It's a very noticeable lag and I feel this is unacceptable from any good digital camera and very surprised to see this defect in a brand, like Sony.
I actually have the hold the camera steady for an additional second or two AFTER I have already pushed the shutter button?
I own three Sony digital cameras and one Nikon digital and there is no such shutter lag in Auto mode in any of those cameras.
There goes trying to capture ANYTHING that is moving. I would need to try and anticipate when a moving object will reach the camera lens and try to time it so the shot gets taken within that two second delay of pushing the shutter button.
Also, both the Electronic viewfinder, as well as the LCD screen are NOT very crisp and clear.
The LCD screen ( compared to my other cameras) is very coarse and grainy looking and make it hard to see if the image yoy took is really a good image or not.
The color of the images, overall, is good, but still not what I expect from a Sony product and from a company whose products are design for capturing the best images possible in all pricing levels.
Also, I tried taking videos (which I realised, that the audio being recorded is only in Monoaural sound and not stereo.
And, the video I took which were being taken in good bright sunlight exhibited some strange vertical color streaking/banding effects like either the lens (which is NOT a Carl Zeiss lens I have come to, automatically, expect in their higher priced camera lineups, but a Sony designed lens) couldn't handle the strong sunlight or the Super HAD CCD chip on the backside of the lens was not capable of dealing with the strong sunlight.
I have an older, but higher end Sony digital camera and a newer Nikon Bridge camera that take 720p video and neither exhibited this vertical banding/striping/streaking while video-ing a bright sunlight.
The video capture of this Sony H400 just couldn't do a video without introducing some weird light artifacts/abborations.
It could be either a limitation of the lens or the lower end CCD where newer digital cameras use the more commonly found digital CMOS chips for capturing light.
I bought this used, but still paid close to $200.
So disappointed and really so unimpressed and upset that Sony created and sells this sub par camera.
I will be returning this very soon and pay a little more for something better.
Stay away from both the H300 and H400 Sony camera models.
I think I am going to spend a little more on Sony's HX camera models, instead or look at other slightly more expensive Nikon models.
The Sony HX camera models look to be what the H models should have been.
This camera lacks a external flash hot shoe, cannot shoot in RAW photos, miserable high speed shooting, no wifi capability, non-movable tilt/swivel rear LCD view finder just to name a few. This is really a basic digital camera with a huge optical zoom lens.
Menu system on this camera is simply disorganized. It takes a bit of time to find things on this menu system on this camera, you will find what you are looking for eventually.
This camera is geared for casual photographers & for family/vacation types of photos. It's actually got a solid feel to it....the same for my other Sony digital camera too.
Photo qualities are all the way around not very good with this camera....regardless indoors or outdoors. Really this camera could have been made to do a better job, but for under $300, you get what you pay for.
This camera has an CCD sensor...something I have not had in any digital camera in a few years as most cameras of this type uses CMOS sensors. Also, high speed picture taking with this camera is very slow. The auto focus on this camera is extremely slow. There is no way to adjust the volume on this camera at all.
Video quality indoors & outdoors for this camera seems pretty good. I may just use this as a video camera only since videos seems to come out quite good.
It comes with a battery but no charger. I ended up buying spare batteries & a charger for this camera...... otherwise, you will have to charge the batteries in the camera.
IF you really need a fairly basic digital camera with a long-sized optical zoom, auto & manual settings possible, good video performance, with basic features under $300 that takes just so-so photos overall, this could be the camera for you. But don't expect very good performance or good photos with this camera.