Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Sony HDR-CX190 High Definition Handycam 5.3 MP Cam..." and save 6% off the $299.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Sony HDR-CX190 High Definition Handycam 5.3 MP Camcorder(2012 Model)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 5.3 megapixel still image
- 25X Optical, 30X Extended zoom
- 2.7 inch Clear Photo LCD display
- 1920x1080 Full HD Recording
- 1/5.8" (3.1mm) Back-illuminated Exmor R® CMOS Sensor Exmor for superb low-light video
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Battery Type||Lithium Ion|
|Item Dimensions||8 x 8 x 6 inches|
|Item Weight||0.37 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Weight||4 ounces|
|Media Format Digital Video||SD, SDHC, SDXC|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||1.5 MP|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CMOS|
|Shipping Weight||1.4 pounds|
|Supported Battery Types||Lithium|
|Video Capture Format||h.264|
|Video Capture Resolution||1080p_hd|
From the Manufacturer
Sony HDR-CX190 High Definition Handycam Camcorder
The easy-to-use HDR-CX190 Handycam camcorder records stunning 1920x1080 Full HD video and 5.3 megapixel pictures. The Handycam's stabilized 25X/30X Extended digital zoom lens gets you closer to the action. Also, the HDR-CX190 features a back-illuminated Exmor CMOS sensor which allows you to capture stunning imagery in low light conditions.
1920x1080p Full HD Recording w/5.3MP still image capture
The Sony HDR-CX190 offers 1920 x 1080p high definition resolution letting you record your memories in exceptional Full High Definition quality. With Dual Capture you can also take 5.3 megapixel still images while shooting HD movie.
SteadyShot image stabilization w/ Active Mode SteadyShot image stabilization with Active Mode compensates for greater degrees of camera shake to deliver stunningly smooth video from wide angle to full telephoto shooting. In addition, innovative 3-Way Shake-Canceling adds electronic roll stability for even smoother video capture.
Back-illuminated Exmor CMOS sensor for Superb Low-light Video Experience stunning low-light sensitivity with improved image clarity and drastically reduced grain with Sony’s back-illuminated Exmor CMOS sensor. Designed for compact cameras and camcorders, the Exmor sensor relocates the photo diodes above the support circuitry, maximizing the light gathering area per pixel so you can shoot with better results in lower lighting conditions.
30x Extended Zoom to get even closer to the action Extended Zoom works in conjunction with 25x optical zoom to get even closer to the action while maintaining HD image quality.
2.7-inch Clear Photo LCD Plus display (230K) The 2.7-inch Clear Photo LCD Plus screen displays sharp, bright, vivid images, letting you compose a shot more easily -- even outdoors, while enabling you to change settings to best represent the scene.
Event Browse Groups Photos/Videos for You for Easy ReferenceEvent Browse conveniently groups your images and videos together for easier viewing. The date range that Event Browse groups your pictures and videos is easily adjusted to suit your needs. When used with the Highlight Playback feature, making and sharing a highlight reel from your event is easy and fun.
Highlight Playback Creates Movies with Transitions for YouWhy spend hours editing your movies when you can let your camcorder do it for you? Highlight Playback identifies and compiles key scenes into a short, entertaining movie complete with music and transitions. You can even pinpoint the exact scene you want to include in the highlight reel.
Direct Copy to External HDD without PC*****Store your memories in a whole new way with the ability to copy videos from your camcorder directly to an external hard disk drive(sold separately), all without a computer. Your camcorder can also access videos stored on the external hard drive for playback on your HDTV**, allowing you to utilize the camcorder’s handy playback features.
Built-in USB Cable for Easy File Transfer/ChargeThe high-speed, built-in USB 2.0 cable allows for easy connection to your computer for charging or file transfer without having to remember separate cables. It also fits conveniently into the hand strap so it’s out of the way until you need it. Charging your camcorder is faster than ever now through the USB; for every two minutes of charge time you get one minute of recording time.
Intelligent Auto (60 different scene combinations possible)Intelligent Auto mode goes a step beyond traditional auto modes by analyzing your shot and then automatically selecting the appropriate settings from nine distinct scene modes (60 different combinations possible): Portrait/Baby/Tripod/Backlight/Landscape /Spotlight/Twilight/Macro/Low light.
What's in the box
Sony HDR-CX190 High Definition Handycam Camcorder (Black), Rechargeable Battery Pack (NP-FV30), AC Adapter, Power Cord, AV Connecting Cable, USB Connection Support Cable (Built-In) and 1-Year Limited Parts & 90-Day Labor Warranty.
**Requires HDTV and HDMI cable sold separately.
***Map service requires PC with Internet. Service provided by Google and subject to change without notice
****For PC: Requires Microsoft Windows XP SP3/Windows Vista Sp2/Windows 7. For Mac: Requires Mac OSX(v10.5-10.7)
*****Requires via VMC-UAM1 cable (sold separately), AC power for camcorder, and hard drive formatted in FAT-32.USB-hub not supported. External HHD/USB media should be less than 2TB(Terabytes).
| || |
Read about our customers' top-rated camcorders on our review page: Camcorders
Top Customer Reviews
My previous camcorder: Sony DCR-SR42 Handycam purchased approximately 4 years ago Sony DCR-SR42 30GB Hard Disk Drive Handycam Camcorder with 40x Optical Zoom
Accessories purchased with CX190:
32GB Transcend Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card Transcend 32 GB Class SDHC 10 Flash Memory Card TS32GSDHC10E
Gold Plated HDMI to HDMI Mini cable Gold Plated HDMI to HDMI Mini cable, 2 M / 6.56 FT
What you need to know:
- CX190 does not have a touch screen (CX200 & CX210 do)
- does not have internal memory
- requires class 4 or higher memory card
- doesn't take pictures while recording in highest quality
- 32GB card holds a little more than 3 hours in highest quality
- camcorder has built in USB cable for transfer or charging
- lens cover is manual
- camcorder automatically turns on when screen is opened
- buttons/controls are in the same place as my previous handycam
- camcorder is surprisingly slim and light
- video is extremely clear (outside is better than inside but both are so clear you feel like you are in the video)
- no wind noise can be heard in the play back of the video
- camcorder has a threaded receiver for tripod
- USB cable (about 3" long) is built in and slides into the strap when not being used
I have to say, "I love Sony." Having owned a handycam before, I immediately felt comfortable operating the CX190.Read more ›
- Compact, portable, and easily fits in the palm of your hand.
- Zoom works well.
- Image stabilization works well.
- Shoots full HD (not as good as a movie studio HD, but still very good).
- Audio records loud and clear.
- Fits on standard tri-pods.
- You can transfer the videos to your computer without the Sony software. Simply plug in the camera via USB and drag and drop the files (at least in Windows 7).
- The lens cap is manual and built into the camera so you can't possibly lose it.
- It has a USB cable attached to the camera at all times, so you always have one (but it isn't very long so I normally have to use the extension cable that it came with).
- Great price!
- Definitely buy additional batteries. The battery this camera comes with lasts up to an hour (maybe) when recording full HD.
- The zoom is kind of noisy and can be heard during playback.
- There's no light on the camera, so make sure there's plenty of light when recording or else the video quality degrades and becomes grainy.
- You can get hand cramps when recording for extended periods of time due to the camera's small size, so get a tri-pod.
- You can't take a still-image while recording full HD.
- The default recording setting isn't full HD, so make sure to change it before you start recording.
Enough about the cons! The HD video from this small, cute machine is astounding! Check out my video by searching for - chicago cx-190 on youtube. I had recorded it in the default HD mode and not the highest quality FX mode. The zoom is excellent and auto picture grabber feature is also cool. It fits into my pocket, and even though its not as sleek as a cellphone, I am satisfied with not taking a bag along on a holiday! The affordability of this camcorder is a boon. Thank you Sony for launching this cutie pie :)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this camera in 2012 and use it to this day. I have several video cameras but this one by far is superior for the money. Read morePublished 20 days ago by Ashley
Works great! I've had this for two years and its still going strong. HD quality is good, it is more for a beginners camera. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Leonardo Cerna
I have had this camera for a couple of years now and love it. It may not be the latest but it does what I bought it to do. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Arthur W. Scholbe
Even though it's an older 2012 model, that Carl Zeiss, Vario-Tessar Exmor R lens technology, still gives you a superior True Low Light, down to 2 Lux capabilities that gives you... Read morePublished 9 months ago by craigster
Excellent cam-corder and the price was right. I've used it both for video and still photos. Excellent quality and easy to use.Published 11 months ago by CharlieCatfishRebel48