Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 6 reviews
on July 15, 2014
After reading rave reviews by Consumer Reports, I decided that this would be my first camcorder since the 8mm Sony that I bought back in 1999. Unfortunately, the build quality of Sony's new entry level camcorder is pretty glaring. When I took it out of the box, I was shocked by how lightweight and plasticky the unit felt. Everything, from the housing to the buttons to the lens frame, is made of perceptively cheap-to-the-touch plastic. I was afraid that if I were to accidentally drop it while attaching it to my tripod that it would shatter into dozens of pieces. There is no on/off button (it turns on when you slide open the lens cover - with a loud snap), there is no lamp (it was so-so in low lighting), there is no touchscreen LCD (a big minus in my book, as using the tiny joystick to chase around minuscule icons is very frustrating), and there are no manual controls separate from that infuriating menu. The image quality was the biggest disappointment - the HD movies and still captures from my Sony NEX and Sony P&S (can you tell I'm a Sony fan?) look and sound better! Needless to say, this went back a week later, and now I'm looking at Panasonic. Or I might save up for a higher tier Sony. But after my experience with this model, I'm twice as shy.
on March 11, 2014
This is a fantastic camera and the package is a great value. However, the included SD card was a regular SD, not a micro SD as the camera requires. I had hoped to have a card for it as soon as I got it but I'll have to go get one now. Either way, good value, I think. Just make plans on having a micro sd card on hand should you want to put it to immediate use.
on February 18, 2014
I like this entry level camcorder a lot and the addition of the battery, memory card and case at price some sell the camcorder alone for, make this deal a no-brainer.
on May 9, 2014
Shipment: Fast and product was adequately packed
Product: Camera is light and easy to operate. The user manual is very basic and does not cover all of the camera's features. Sony suggested I refer to another model's manual to become more familiar with the features.
on May 26, 2014
My wife and I made this purchase to document our children's upbringing and growing stages of life. So far we've used it only for a handful of things, but I appreciate the ease of use, and especially transferring to digital files on one's computer and ease to watch over a television.
on January 5, 2015
This was great. Everything was exactly what I was expecting but the tripod is not the best with an extra battery it doesn't really hold it up straight.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.