Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Sony HDRCX240/LVideo Camera with 2.7-Inch LCD (Blue)" and save 50% off the $229.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Sony HDRCX240/LVideo Camera with 2.7-Inch LCD (Blue)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1920x1080 Full HD 60p with 9.2MP Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- 29.8mm wide angle Carl Zeiss Lens
- 27x Optical/54x Clear Image Zoom to get even closer to the action
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
|Item Dimensions||3.5 x 4.72 x 6.3 inches|
|Item Weight||1 pound|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||2 Watt Hours|
|Lithium Battery Voltage||5 Volts|
|Lithium Battery Weight||3.5 ounces|
|Media Format Digital Video||Other|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CMOS|
|Shipping Weight||1 pound|
|Video Capture Format||mpeg-4;h.264;avchd|
|Video Capture Resolution||1080p_hd|
Compare to similar items
This item Sony HDRCX240/LVideo Camera with 2.7-Inch LCD (Blue)
Camera Camcorders, Besteker HD 1080P 24 MP 16X Digital Zoom Video Camcorder with LCD and 270 Degree Rotation Screen
|Price||From $94.90||Add to cart to see product details. Why?||$56.98||Add to cart to see product details. Why?||$54.99||$227.99|
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Besteker||Amazon.com||HZ STORE||Amazon.com|
|Screen Size||2.7 in||2.7 in||2.7 in||2.7 in||2.7 in||2.7 in|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CMOS||CMOS||CMOS||CMOS||CMOS||CMOS|
|Video Capture Resolution||1080p_hd||1080p_hd||1080p||1080p_hd||1080p||other|
Make it memorable with Sony Full HD/60p quality. Capture amazing footage in low light and control, transfer and backup everything via Wi-Fi with NFC in just a touch. Get close to the action with a 27x zoom, wide-angle Carl Zeiss lens and say goodbye to shake with Steady Shot image stabilization. It"s the perfect starter camera.
From the Manufacturer
Entry Level Full HD 60p Camcorder
Make it memorable with Sony Full HD/60p quality. Capture amazing footage in low light and control, transfer and backup everything via Wi-Fi with NFC in just a touch. Get close to the action with a 27x zoom, wide-angle Carl Zeiss lens and say goodbye to shake with Steady Shot image stabilization. It’s the perfect starter camera.
1920x1080 Full HD 60p w/9.2MP Exmor R CMOS Sensor
Create high definition 1920 x 1080 60p videos and high quality 9.2MP still images. Experience stunning low-light sensitivity with improved image clarity and drastically reduced grain with Sony’s back-illuminated ExmorR CMOS sensor. Designed for compact cameras and camcorders, the Exmor R CMOS sensor relocates the photo diodes above the support circuitry, maximizing the light gathering area per pixel so you can shoot with better results in lower lighting conditions.
29.8mm wide angle Carl Zeiss Lens
From the authority in lens technology, the Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens provides a high quality 29.8mm wide angle so you can get everything you want in the shot.
27x Optical/54x Clear Image Zoom to get even closer to the action
Get amazingly close with 27x optical zoom plus 54x Clear Image digital zoom. Most digital zooms use electronic cropping to get closer to the subject, resulting in unsharp images. With Clear Image Zoom the powerful processor compares patterns found in adjacent pixels and creates new pixels to match selected patterns, resulting in more realistic, higher-quality images. Clear Image Zoom doubles optical zoom for closer photos and video.
2.7” Clear Photo LCD display (230K)
The 2.7” (16:9) Clear Photo LCD (230K) displays sharp, bright, vivid images, letting you compose a shot more easily - even outdoors, while enabling you to change settings to best represent the scene.
SteadyShot image stabilization w/ Active Mode
SteadyShot image stabilization with Active Mode compensates for greater degrees of camera shake to deliver stunningly smooth video from wide angle to full telephoto shooting. In addition, innovative 3-Way Shake-Canceling adds electronic roll stability for even smoother video capture
Face Detection with voice enhancement and noise reduction
Sony’s Face Detection technology can automatically distinguish between children and adults. Face Detection technology detects up to eight individual faces and adjusts flash, focus, exposure, and white balance to help deliver crisp, properly lit images of family and friends.
Built-in USB cable for easy file transfer/charge
The high-speed, built-in USB 2.0 cable allows for easy connection to your computer for charging or file transfer without having to remember separate cables. It also fits conveniently into the hand strap so it’s out of the way until you need it. Charging your camcorder is faster than ever now through the USB; for every two minutes of charge time you get one minute of recording time.
Get creative w/ 7 picture effects for video and still photos
Picture Effects add a new level of expression to video and photos, making ordinary landscapes and portraits come to life by heightening mood and emphasizing certain attributes. There are seven different effects such as partial color to make your focal point stand out, or watercolor which looks like a painting.
AVCHD and MP4 dual recording for high quality and Internet ready files
Record HD video in the AVCHD and MP4 formats for highest quality or easy transfer and sharing. AVCHD provides premium video that can be enjoyed on large screen HDTVs, and is ideal for capturing precious memories at special occasions, family vacations and other moments you want to treasure for a lifetime. MP4 is great for those moments that you want to quickly share on your social networks or store on the cloud.
Intelligent Auto (60 different scene combinations possible)
Intelligent Auto mode goes a step beyond traditional auto modes by analyzing your shot and then automatically selecting the appropriate settings from ten distinct scene modes and wind noise reduction. There are 60 different combinations possible: Portrait, Baby, Tripod , Backlight, Landscape, Spotlight, Twilight, Macro, Low light.
- Imaging Sensor:1/5.8'' (4.6mm) back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- Processor:BIONZ X image processor
- Pixel Gross:Approx.2510K pixels
- Effective Picture Resolution:Approx.2290K pixels(16:9)/Approx.1710K pixels(4:3)
- Color Filter System:RGB primary color filters
- Still Image Mode:JPEG
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution:9.2 megapixels
- Still Image Size 16:9:Movie Mode: 9.2 megapixels 16:9 (4032x2272); Photo Mode: 9.2 megapixels 16:9 (4032x2272)
- Still Image Size 4:3:Photo Mode: 6.9megapixels 4:3(3024x2272)
- Video Mode:HD: MPEG4-AVC/H.264 AVCHD 2.0 format.compatible; STD: MPEG2-PS; MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Video Resolution:HD:1920x1080/60p(PS),60i(FX,FH), 1440x1080/60i(HQ,LP)
- Video Actual (Pixel):Approx.2290K pixels(16:9)
- Video Signal:HDTV, NTSC color, EIA standards
- Photo Capture from Movie:2.1megapixels16:9 (1920×1080)
- Dual Record:Yes
- Microphone/Speaker:Built-in Zoom Microphone/Monoral Speaker
- Dual Video Recording:Yes
- Mic Level Control:Yes(2steps)
- Movie Recording Rate(Average Bit Rate/VBR):HD PS:Approx.28Mbps/FX:Approx.24Mbps/FH:Approx.17Mbps/HQ:Approx.9Mbps/LP:Approx.5MbpsMP4: Approx.3Mbps
- Still Image File Format:DCF Ver.2.0 compatible, Exif Ver.2.3 compatible, MPF Baseline compatible
- Lens Type:Carl Zeiss Vario Tessar
- Lens Stabilization:SteadyShot image stabilization w/ Active mode (Wide to Tele)
- Optical Zoom:27x
- Digital Zoom:320x
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent):Movie Mode: 29.8-804.0mm (16:9); Photo Mode: 29.8-804.0mm (16:9), 36.4-984.0.0mm (4:3)
- Minimum Focus Distance:Approx.1cm(Wide),Approx.80cm(Tele) (13/32inch-31 1/2inch)
- Clear Image Zoom:54x
- LCD Type:2.7" Clear Photo LCD display (230K)
- Angle Adjustment:Opening Angle: max.90 deg., Turning Angle: max.270 deg.
- Brightness Control:Yes (Menu)
- Grid Display:Grid Line
- Focus System:Contrast AF
- AF Modes:Auto/Manual
- Focus Area:Full range Focus
- Metering Modes:Multi-segment
- Exposure Settings:Auto, Manual (Menu)
- Scene Mode(s):Auto / Night Scene / Sunrise & Sunset / Fireworks / Landscape / Portrait / Spotlight / Beach / Snow
- D-Range Optimizer:Yes
- Noise Reduction:Yes
- White Balance Mode:Auto/Onepush/Outdoor/Indoor
- Minimum Illumination:Standard: 6 lux (1/30 Shutter Speed); Low Lux: 3 lux (1/30 Shutter Speed)
- Auto Iris Control:F1.8 - F10
- Backlight Compensation:Yes (Auto)
- Gain Control:Auto
- LOW LUX Mode:Yes
- Drive Mode:Photo Mode: Single-shot / Self-timer
- Self-timer:Approx. 10sec. (Still Image)
- Shutter Speeds:Shutter Speed(Standard): 1/60 - 1/10000; Shutter Speed (Auto Control Range) 1/8 - 1/100000; Shutter Speed(Manual lris Control) 1/60 - 1/10000; Shutter Speed(Manual Shutter) 1/8 - 1/10000; Shutter Speed(Smooth Slow Rec): 1/250 - 1/10000
- Manual / Auto Lens Cover:Manual
- Self Timer:Yes
- Red-Eye Reduction:Yes (On/Off)
- Fader Effect(s):White / Black
- Date / Time Stamp:Yes (Rec Date and Time, Camera info)
- Erase/Protect:Yes / Yes
- Media/Battery Indicator:Yes (recordable time, free and used media space) / Yes (recordable time, remaining capacity)
- Power Save Mode:Yes
- Still Image Playback Options:Slide Show
- Video Playback Options:Highlight Playback (HD Movie Only); Highlight Playback Save and Share (Translate into STD quality); Highlight Scenario (Save/Playback/Erase); Hightlight BGM (Preinstalled 4 music files, Music transfer)
- Built-in USB Cable:Yes (USB Charge Available)
- Multiple Language Display:English; Brazilian Portugese; Canadian French; Spanish
- Picture Effects:Yes
- Self Recording:Yes
- AGC Limit:Yes
- Airplane Mode:Yes
- Face Detection:Yes
- Image Stabilization:SteadyShot image stabilization w/ Active mode (Wide to Tele)
- Intelligent Auto:Portrait / Baby / Tripod / Backlight / Landscape / Spotlight / Twilight / Macro / Low light
- Smile Shutter technology:Dual Capture / Always On / Off
- Memory Card Slot:Memory Stick Micro and Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC compatible
- SD Output:Composite Video Out (AV CABLE (sold separately))
- HD Output:HDMI Out (micro)(supplied)
- USB Port(s):TypeA (built-in) / USB2.0 Hi-speed (mass-storage/MTP)
- BRAVIA Sync:Yes
- PhotoTV HD:Yes
- Headphone Jack:Stereo Minijack
- Microphone Input:Stereo Minijack
- Direct Copy:Yes
- HDMI Terminal:Yes (HDMI micro)
- Dimensions (Approx.):Approx. 2 1/4 inch ×2 3/8 inch ×5 1/8 inch (Approx. 54.0mm×59.5mm×128.0mm)
- Weight (Approx.):Approx.6.7oz (Approx.190g) Main Unit Only
- Power Consumption (in Operation):LCD: HD:1.8W
- Power Requirements:3.6V (battery pack); 5.0V (AC Adapter)
- Battery Type:NP-BX1
- Supplied Software:PC: PlayMemories Home and Music Transfer (via download); MAC: Music Transfer, PlayMemories Online Uploader, Wireless Auto Import (by download)
- Operating System Compatibility:Windows XP SP3 /Windows Vista SP2 /Windows7 64-bit editions and Starter (Edition) are not supported. The Windows Image Mastering API (IMAPI) Ver. 2.0 or later is required to use the function for creating discs. Starter (Edition) are not supported. Standard installation is required. Operation is not assured if the above OS has been upgraded or in a multi-boot environment.
- Limited Warranty Term:Limited Warranty -- 1 Year Parts; 90 Days Labor
2014 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony, Exmor R, BIONZ and the Sony logo are trademarks of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners. Features and specifications subject to change without notice.
Read about our customers' top-rated camcorders on our review page: Camcorders
Top customer reviews
Otherwise, didn't think the HD was great - looked fuzzy, audio quality was average. Seems you definitely have to spend some money to get decent HD and decent Audio, I'd like this camera better if it had a Microphone In option.
i just bought another one of these. It has excellent optics and is very handy. If you lose it you are only out a few bucks. I have 10 Sony video cameras ranging up to $2,000.
I have a high speed 32 gig card in it and am looking to buy some extra batteries.
Take it to a birthday party and have some fun. I know I will. (smiley face goes here)
The photo taking feature on this camera is pretty good, but not the best, will not replace a real camera. I like that I have a lot of control of how to set up the picture from adjusting the brightness to the type of scene I'm taking. I was able to take some good pictures of the moon by turning down the exposure to almost none which removed the bright orb of light obscuring the moon on my screen and giving me a good detailed picture. The camera isn't HD and the pictures can be compared to those from an inexpensive smartphone. It's works well for the price though.
High quality video with 54x clear image zoom
Good battery life
Microphone picks up sound well, even from faraway
Quiet, no whirring of parts
Lots of controls and advanced features to use
No interchangeable lens, can't adjust how much light enters the camera
Not possible to blur out a background and have the subject in focus
Videos always have a buzzing background noise
All in all this is a decent camera for under $200. It's good for family trips and shooting videos for YouTube. I don't have a whole lot of bad things to say about this video camera because it's worked fine for me ever since I bought it. The only issue I've encountered is at start up the camera thinking the lens cover was closed when it wasn't and me having to close and open it for the camera to start working. That's about the only issue I had and obviously after using this for a while not everything is going to stay perfect. Buy this camera if you're looking for something inexpensive and within your budget that can still give you good quality video with the many bells and whistles.
It has replaced my point-and-shoot still cameras for casual picture taking as well. It can capture still images while shooting live video, or it can be set to shoot in still frame mode. In still frame mode, you have the choice of HD resolution or a larger size. The only real drawback to taking stills while recording video is that the shutter button is pretty inconveniently located for my hand, and the result is sometimes obvious shaking in the video, and other times I miss the still shot entirely. On the other hand, the downloadable editing software can allow you to capture HD-resolution stills from the video itself, but that's more time-consuming than simply snapping them on site in real time.
The monitor can be tilted and rotated to almost any angle, as shown in the product illustrations. It's handy for shooting from awkward angles, but may not be bright enough to see clearly in every position. It's plenty good, though, in the default open position right beside the camera body.
For the size and price of this camera, the lens is something of a miracle! I've been able to do macroscopic closeups on objects that are so close, the camera itself begins to block the light.
You might not shoot a network TV series with one of these, but "handy" is more than just part of the name.
Most recent customer reviews
Decent. The frame rate is just like on TV, but the clarity is a little low; not as crisp as normal TV.Read more