Amazon Business World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 114 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 142 reviews
on March 24, 2014
Excellent camcorder, no bigger than a soda can and half the weight. Awesome zoom and HD picture. battery life is incredible. Love the fact that only 4 buttons control multiple functions. Recorded outside at night in low light and could not believe good the picture was. Great value.
on April 20, 2015
I bought this one and the Samsung HMX-F90 at the same time, and tested them. The Samsung cost about 40% less and was new, the SonyHDRCX330 was from Amazon Warehouse Deals, used. Though I liked the feel of the Samsung more, the interface, the fact that (like my phone and TV) it's Samsung, when I loaded clips of the same scene shot on both cameras onto my computer, there was no comparison.

The Sony image is brighter and the colors have more depth, but there were three enormous advantages of the Sony: 1) the Steady Shot works like a dream. My Samsung footage bounces all over, especially when I'm zoomed in. The Sony hides such shakiness -- it's amazingly smooth. 2) The sound is superior on the Sony. My daughter's voice from across a large room comes in loud and clear on the Sony, is fainter and more muddled on the Samsung. 3) Using the zoom on the Sony is nearly inaudible when later playing back the video, on the Samsung the grinding of the gears is present and makes other sound almost unintelligible.

Another reviewer criticized the tiny joystick that controls the menu. I actually like it and find it quick and easy to navigate. That said, the actual interface on the screen looks like it was designed in 1995, and finding the setting you're looking for isn't intuitive. Samsung's is modern and pleasing. Nonetheless, I bought these to take the best video and sound possible and... I'm sending back the Samsung and am happy with this Sony.
on September 2, 2015
Sorry for the delay in responding but that is another matter entirely. I cannot believe how small in size this camera is. Remarkable! About the size of a soda can. I am not a very technically inclined person but even I had little difficulty in setting this camera up for use. I am not a professional photographer but I am not blind nor am I deaf. This wonderful little camera is very easy to use. It fits in my hand like it was made just for me! The pictures it records are very, very clear and the colors seem very natural and nothing in view is missed. The sound is also remarkably clear to hear. I cannot say enough nice things about this camera and I am so pleased with my purchase. I will take this little gem with me on all my outings. I recommend this to anyone that is not wealthy enough to buy a camera costing thousands of dollars because this little gem is about all but a cinematographer needs to shoot very satisfying and rewarding scenes. Considered me an extremely satisfied and happy buyer!
on March 3, 2015
Incredible camera for me since I am a vlogger and love recording my trips. So many options with a great wide angle of 24mm. It is so small and easily stored in pocket or bag, and it isn't clunky. It is super easy to turn on with the flip of the screen. It lacks night vision though. I popped in a 64gb mini sd and it works like a charm. The camera stabilizer is amazing too and can be tweaked to your liking.

The LCD screen is very decent and easy to see with a little control stick to access your options. A great interface that isn't too slow.

My favorite feature is the "already installed" usb with it's own little pocket. this saves you the hassle if you forget your USB wire or don't want to tangle your belongings with long wires.
on July 1, 2015
Amazing zoom, quality and image quality for the price. Super small and light weight. Down side is the video format is a strange format and the files are hidden on PC's running older operating systems than xp. They only way i can get the files off the camera is to use a different PC and put them on a thumb drive. Then my video editor will work with the file type. Makes getting the footage off the camera a real pain. And since it is a digital only camera transferring the files is a must to be able to work with them.
on March 4, 2016
I previously had the HDRCX260 model and wanted a second camera to add a second angle. Although I haven't used it yet beyond testing its functioning, I can speak about the model that I have been using. Great features adjusting focus and light matters, and great mic reception if used indoor. If you are going to use it outdoor or a big indoor space, a wireless mic is needed. Comparing HDRCX260 with this newer model we will find the following differences:
CX330 does not have mic input jack but it has WiFi enabling to use Bluetooth devices.
CX330 has better menu control.
on November 18, 2014
I was amazed at the clarity of the recordings made with the camera. I purchased a blue ray burner and Nero 15 so I could put my recordings on Blue ray.
Also, I don't know if it's recommended, but I was able to recharge the camera battery with an external iPhone charger! I left my spare battery at home, but remembered I had my battery charger fir my iPhone. My camera battery was fully charged in about an hour! Again, I don't know if Sony recommends this, but it was a lifesaver for me.
on December 14, 2014
Great for the price, Also makes for a great travel camcorder. Works great in low light conditions. With 60X digital zoom you can get up close and personal. It does feel cheap but that's where it stops. It is very lightweight. I don't think it will survive any kind of fall. (But we'll gonna have to see if it can) I would highly recommend this to any one wanting a consumer grade digital camcorder. It has all the features you will ever need.
on July 7, 2014
This little camera provides a great video picture with three hours of battery time. I use 3 Sandisks with different capacities (8,16,32 GB) which are easy to pop out and pop into my computer to download whatever I record and send to relatives via Dropbox. The joystick makes it easy to use the programs on the camera. My only negative is that the accompanying manual is limited in guiding the use of the camera, and a full manual is yet to be made available online.
on October 13, 2014
This was my first camcorder and I am returning it, because I was shocked to discover that the autofocus mechanism results in audible sound being picked up from the internal camcorder mic.

From what I've read subsequently online, internal noise from the autofocus and/or zoom mechanism can be a common issue for camcorders. Nevertheless, the introduction of unwanted noise into a video is a major problem for my recording needs (hence only 2 stars, specific to my situation). The noise is always present unless you are zooming.

It is not possible to add an external mic to this camcorder to solve the problem. So you have to either A) live with the autofocus noise (a constant clicking, faint but too audible for me) or B) use a completely separate mic system and sync the video and audio in post production or C) turn off autofocus altogether. I am left wondering...why would a camcorder with internal noise *not* allow a connection for an external mic? To me that is a design failure. If it allowed an external mic (to solve the noise issues by moving the mic farther from the camcorder autofocus mechanism) then I probably would have kept the camcorder.

For what it's worth, the zoom was pretty amazing and the video stabilizer worked really well (it was my first time using a stabilizer and I have to say I like it). If you plan to shoot only loud events, or silent videos where you later add your own audio in post production, then this camcorder may make sense for you. For my needs (quiet settings) this camcorder can't work.
44 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse