Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Sony HDRPJ275/B Video Camera with 2.7-Inch LCD (Bl..." and save 55% off the $399.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Sony HDRPJ275/B Video Camera with 2.7-Inch LCD (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1920x1080 Full HD 60p with 9.2MP Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- Project 100" videos with 13lm built-in projector via HDMI input
- Wireless control, transfer, data backup via NFC/Wi-Fi1
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
|Item Dimensions||3.5 x 4.72 x 6.3 inches|
|Item Weight||1 pound|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||2 Watt Hours|
|Lithium Battery Voltage||5 Volts|
|Lithium Battery Weight||3.5 ounces|
|Media Format Digital Video||Other|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CMOS|
|Shipping Weight||1.1 pounds|
|Video Capture Format||avchd;mpeg-4;h.264|
|Video Capture Resolution||1080p_hd|
Make it memorable with Sony Full HD/60p quality and a built-in projector. Capture amazing footage in low light and control, transfer and backup everything via Wi-Fi with NFC in just a touch. Get close to the action with a 27x zoom, wide-angle Carl Zeiss lens and say goodbye to shake with Steady Shot image stabilization. It"s the perfect starter camera.
From the Manufacturer
Full HD 60p Camcorder w/ built-in Projector
Make it memorable with Sony Full HD/60p quality and a built-in projector. Capture amazing footage in low light and control, transfer and backup everything via Wi-Fi with NFC in just a touch. Get close to the action with a 27x zoom, wide-angle Carl Zeiss lens and say goodbye to shake with Steady Shot image stabilization. It’s the perfect starter camera.
1920x1080 Full HD 60p w/9.2MP Exmor R CMOS Sensor
Create cinematic video in high definition 1920 x 1080 60p and high quality 9.2MP still images. Experience stunning low-light sensitivity with improved image clarity and drastically reduced grain with Sony’s back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor. Designed for compact cameras and camcorders, the Exmor R CMOS sensor relocates the photo diodes above the support circuitry, maximizing the light gathering area per pixel so you can shoot with better results in lower lighting conditions.
Project 100 videos w/ 13lm built-in projector via HDMI input"
Enjoy your favorite memories virtually anywhere with the high-contrast 13 lumen projector built-in to the LCD panel. The HDMI multi-terminal allows you to connect external devices that have an HDMI output (smartphones, laptops, tablets, etc.) and use the camcorder’s projector to enjoy other forms of entertainment such as video games and streaming videos from the Internet.
Wireless control, transfer, data backup via NFC/Wi-Fi1
Built-in Wi-Fi/NFC makes for easy one touch connection to compatible mobile devices1. Turn your mobile phone and/or tablet into a remote control/viewing device, transfer your files to your mobile device wirelessly for instant sharing, Back up your data on your PC and even enjoy your videos and photos on a TV without wires.
29.8mm wide angle Carl Zeiss Lens
From the authority in lens technology, the Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T lens provides a high quality 29.8mm wide angle so you can get everything you want in the shot.
27x Optical/54x Clear Image Zoom to get even closer to the action
Get amazingly close with 27x optical zoom plus 54x Clear Image digital zoom. Most digital zooms use electronic cropping to get closer to the subject, resulting in unsharp images. With Clear Image Zoom the powerful processor compares patterns found in adjacent pixels and creates new pixels to match selected patterns, resulting in more realistic, higher-quality images. Clear Image Zoom doubles optical zoom for closer photos and video.
2.7” Clear Photo LCD display (230K)
The 2.7” (16:9) Clear Photo LCD (230K) displays sharp, bright, vivid images, letting you compose a shot more easily.
SteadyShot image stabilization w/ Active Mode
SteadyShot image stabilization with Active Mode compensates for greater degrees of camera shake to deliver stunningly smooth video from wide angle to full telephoto shooting. In addition, innovative 3-Way Shake-Canceling adds electronic roll stability for even smoother video capture
Up to 1hr55min of recording with 8GB embedded Flash Memory
The built-in 8GB embedded Flash memory can record and store up 1hr55min of high definition video footage (HD LP mode).
Get creative w/ 7 picture effects for video and still photos
Picture Effects add a new level of expression and creativity to video and photos. Seven picture effects (Toy Camera, Pop Color, Soft High Key, Partial Color, Retro Photo, High Contrast Monochrome, and Posterization) are available in both photo and video modes. Shooting with these special modes will provide you an easy way to instantly transform your memories without any post editing software needed.
AVCHD and MP4 dual recording for high quality and Internet ready files
Record HD video in the AVCHD and MP4 formats for highest quality or easy transfer and sharing. AVCHD provides premium video that can be enjoyed on large screen HDTVs, and is ideal for capturing precious memories at special occasions, family vacations and other moments you want to treasure for a lifetime. MP4 is great for those moments that you want to quickly share on your social networks or store on the cloud.
- Imaging Sensor:1/5.8'' (4.6mm) back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- Processor:BIONZ X image processor
- Pixel Gross:Approx.2510K pixels
- Effective Picture Resolution:Approx.2290K pixels(16:9)/Approx.1710K pixels(4:3)
- Color Filter System:RGB primary color filters
- Media Type:Internal Memory, Memory Stick Micro and Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC compatible
- Still Image Mode:JPEG
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution:9.2 megapixels
- Still Image Size 16:9:Movie Mode: 9.2 megapixels 16:9 (4032x2272); Photo Mode: 9.2 megapixels 16:9 (4032x2272)
- Still Image Size 4:3:Photo Mode: 6.9megapixels 4:3(3024x2272)
- Video Mode:HD: MPEG4-AVC/H.264 AVCHD 2.0 format.compatible; STD: MPEG2-PS; MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Video Resolution:HD:1920x1080/60p(PS),60i(FX,FH), 1440x1080/60i(HQ,LP)
- Video Actual (Pixel):Approx.2290K pixels(16:9)
- Video Signal:HDTV, NTSC color, EIA standards
- Photo Capture from Movie:2.1megapixels16:9 (1920×1080)
- Dual Record:Yes
- Audio Format:Digital 2ch Stereo, Dolby Digital Stereo Creator; MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch
- Microphone/Speaker:Built-in Zoom Microphone; Monoroal Speaker
- Dual Video Recording:Yes
- Internal Media:8GB
- Mic Level Control:Yes(2steps)
- Movie Recording Rate(Average Bit Rate/VBR):HD PS:Approx.28Mbps/FX:Approx.24Mbps/FH:Approx.17Mbps/HQ:Approx.9Mbps/LP:Approx.5MbpsMP4: Approx.3Mbps
- Still Image File Format:DCF Ver.2.0 compatible, Exif Ver.2.3 compatible, MPF Baseline compatible
- Lens Type:Carl Zeiss Vario Tessar
- Lens Stabilization:SteadyShot image stabilization w/ Active mode (Wide to Tele)
- Optical Zoom:27x
- Digital Zoom:320x
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent):Movie Mode: 29.8-804.0mm (16:9); Photo Mode: 29.8-804.0mm (16:9), 36.4-984.0.0mm (4:3)
- Minimum Focus Distance:Approx.1cm(Wide),Approx.80cm(Tele) (13/32inch-31 1/2inch)
- Clear Image Zoom:54x
- LCD Type:2.7" Clear Photo LCD display (230K)
- Angle Adjustment:Opening Angle: max.90 deg., Turning Angle: max.270 deg.
- Brightness Control:Yes (Menu)
- Grid Display:Grid Line
- Focus System:Contrast AF
- AF Modes:Auto/Manual
- Focus Area:Full range Focus
- Metering Modes:Multi-segment
- Exposure Settings:Auto, Manual (Menu)
- Scene Mode(s):Auto/Night Scene/Sunrise & Sunset/Fireworks/Landscape/Portrait/Spotlight/Beach/Snow
- D-Range Optimizer:Yes
- Noise Reduction:Yes
- White Balance Mode:Auto/Onepush/Outdoor/Indoor
- Minimum Illumination:Standard: 6 lux (1/30 Shutter Speed); Low Lux: 3 lux (1/30 Shutter Speed)
- Auto Iris Control:F1.8 - F10
- Backlight Compensation:Yes (Auto)
- Gain Control:Auto
- LOW LUX Mode:Yes
- Drive Mode:Photo Mode: Single-shot / Self-timer
- Self-timer:Approx. 10sec. (Still Image)
- Shutter Speeds:Shutter Speed(Standard): 1/60 - 1/10000; Shutter Speed (Auto Control Range) 1/8 - 1/100000; Shutter Speed(Manual lris Control) 1/60 - 1/10000; Shutter Speed(Manual Shutter) 1/8 - 1/10000; Shutter Speed(Smooth Slow Rec): 1/250 - 1/10000
- Light Output:Up to 13 lumens
- Projector Input:Yes (HDMI micro)
- Resolution Output:640 x 360
- Screen Coverage:Up to 100" (diag)
- Throw Distance:Approx. 0.5m (1.6feet) or over
- Manual / Auto Lens Cover:Manual
- Self Timer:Yes
- Red-Eye Reduction:Yes (On/Off)
- Fader Effect(s):White / Black
- Date / Time Stamp:Yes (Rec Date and Time, Camera info)
- Erase/Protect:Yes / Yes
- Media/Battery Indicator:Yes (recordable time, free and used media space) / Yes (recordable time, remaining capacity)
- Power Save Mode:Yes
- Still Image Playback Options:Slide Show
- Video Playback Options:Highlight Playback (HD Movie Only); Highlight Playback Save and Share (Translate into STD quality); Highlight Scenario (Save/Playback/Erase); Hightlight BGM (Preinstalled 4 music files, Music transfer)
- Built-in USB Cable:Yes (USB Charge Available)
- Multiple Language Display:English; Brazilian Portugese; Canadian French; Spanish
- Picture Effects:Yes
- Self Recording:Yes
- AGC Limit:Yes
- Airplane Mode:Yes
- Face Detection:Yes
- Image Stabilization:SteadyShot image stabilization w/ Active mode (Wide to Tele)
- Intelligent Auto:Portrait / Baby / Walk / Tripod / Backlight / Landscape / Spotlight / Twilight / Macro / Low light
- Smile Shutter technology:Dual Capture / Always On / Off
- Wi-Fi:Built-In (Wi-Fi Compatible, IEEE 802.11b/g/n(2.4GHz band)
- Wi-Fi Functionality:Remote control with mobile device, send to smartphone, send to PC
- Memory Card Slot:Memory Stick Micro and Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC compatible
- SD Output:Composite Video Out (AV CABLE (sold separately))
- HD Output:HDMI Out (micro)(supplied)
- USB Port(s):TypeA (built-in) / USB2.0 Hi-speed (mass-storage/MTP)
- BRAVIA Sync:Yes
- PhotoTV HD:Yes
- Headphone Jack:Stereo Minijack
- Microphone Input:Stereo Minijack
- Direct Copy:Yes
- DC IN:Yes
- HDMI Terminal:Yes (HDMI micro)
- Projector Input:Yes (HDMI micro)
- Dimensions (Approx.):Approx.2 1/4inch x 2 3/8inch x 4 3/4inch (Approx.57.0mm x 59.5mm x 119.0mm)
- Weight (Approx.):Approx.7.4oz (Approx.210g) Main Unit Only
- Power Consumption (in Operation):LCD: HD:1.9W
- Power Requirements:3.6V (battery pack); 5.0V (AC Adapter)
- Battery Type:NP-BX1
- Supplied Software:PC: PlayMemories Home and Music Transfer (via download); MAC: Music Transfer, PlayMemories Online Uploader, Wireless Auto Import (by download)
- Operating System Compatibility:Windows XP SP3 /Windows Vista SP2 /Windows7 64-bit editions and Starter (Edition) are not supported. The Windows Image Mastering API (IMAPI) Ver. 2.0 or later is required to use the function for creating discs. Starter (Edition) are not supported. Standard installation is required. Operation is not assured if the above OS has been upgraded or in a multi-boot environment.
- Limited Warranty Term:Limited Warranty -- 1 Year Parts; 90 Days Labor
- Light source:LED (R/G/B)
- Projection type:DLP
2014 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony, Exmor R, BIONZ and the Sony logo are trademarks of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners. Features and specifications subject to change without notice.
Read about our customers' top-rated camcorders on our review page: Camcorders
Top Customer Reviews
Easy to use menu. If you can navigate on your cell phone you can do this. Remote with a cell phone works well.
I took it back out of the box and it is working great. Im so glad that I gave it a 2nd chance. I got this to record my son marching in his college marching band. His friends are really excited about the projector, (we shall see lol).
If it does good recording them, I may change my review to 4 stars.
Yes, there is no audio in on this camera, even though it is listed as having one. Here's the thing, if I'm going to be doing a project that I need good audio for I'm going to record it on a separate device and sync it later anyway, so that wasn't a huge downside.
Big differences between the earlier HDR-PJ200 and this:
- This camera only takes MicroSD(HC&XC) and Memory Stick Micro, not full size SD
- The screen is not touch enabled which (for whatever reason) makes it much easier to see in bright sunlight
- The battery compartment is enclosed, so you can't put a large capacity battery hanging off the back
- The projector has HDMI in!
- The projector is a really cool feature and with hdmi input it's extremely versatile
- Full 1920x1080p 60fps recording
- You can control the camera remotely! Viewing what it sees, starting/stoping, and zooming with your smartphone! (the camera becomes a wifi hotspot and you connect with an app)
- 9.2 MP stills
- Single joystick to control most features (only dedicated buttons are snapshot, zoom, record, play mode, and projector). Honestly, if there was a dedicated button to switch from 9.2MP still mode to movie mode I would be happy.
- Can't zoom in on photos in review mode. I'm used to Canons that allow you to zoom in while reviewing pics to see if they are focused, can't do that with this guy
- Battery compartment is enclosed (can't hang high capacity battery off the back)
- Camera slightly slow to power up. 9 seconds from cold start, 3.5 seconds from previously on mode. There is some sort of smart power management system.
- You can turn off digital zoom and only use optical (recommended)
- You can turn off digital image stabilization which gets you a bigger image but be careful zooming in without a tripod
- You are supposed to put the microSD card in one way and the memory stick in upside down, just keep that in mind, if you put the microSD in upside down it will fit but not work
- If you're shooting indoors or in low light, I'd recommend 30fps instead of 60fps
- Quality seems to be good so far
I'll post updates as I get more of a feel for it, I've only had it two weeks or so. Will be taking it on a long trip soon.
Now the feature is much more functional thanks to an HDMI input that will allow other devices to be projected onto a screen through the camera. I was able to run both my Macbook Pro and an Xbox One through the camera's projector. Both worked great with no latency at 720P. In a dark room the image quality is surprisingly good considering the entire projector is sandwiched onto the camera's built in screen. It won't do as well in a better lit room (it's only 13 lumens). This is a very useful feature, especially given that the projector really doesn't add much bulk to the rest of the device.
So what about its main use as a video camera? Not bad. Image quality is as good as cameras in the same price range from Canon. Low light on this Sony camera is actually a little better than the Canon HF R50 I tested in the right conditions.
The zoom has integrated digital mode that kicks in automatically when the optical length runs out. I could not find any way to disable that feature nor is there a good indication of when the digital mode begins and the optical mode ends. Sony says that there's some active processing to improve the quality of the image, but it's far from perfect.
The stabilization is very, very good. Walking shots are smooth and stationary hand held shots tend to rival the kind of stable video you'd get from a tripod. Very impressive.
The charging cable / USB sync cable is integrated into the handstrap. The camera will charge through the USB while plugged into a computer. It also supports SDHC/XC cards as well as Sony's proprietary M2 format. The camera can record an AVCHD video and as well as an MP4 file simultaneously in all but the highest quality shooting mode. The camera supports up to 1080p resolution at 60 frames per second.
It does NOT have an integrated microphone port even though Amazon's description says it does.
The bottom line? It's an excellent low to mid-range camcorder. The projector is very useful thanks to the external input and essentially makes this two products in one.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
الكاميرا رهيبة الى ابعد الحدود من ناحية الوضوح والخفة
Quality is 1080p clear not shaky with zoom.