- Brand Name: Sony
- Model Number: HDRPJ810/B
- Optical Zoom: 12 x
- Display Size: 3 inches
- Optical Sensor Technology: CMOS
Sony HDRPJ810/B Video Camera with 3-Inch LCD (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1920x1080 Full HD 24p/60p with 24.5MP Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- Balanced Optical Steady Shot image stabilization
- Project ~200" videos with 50lm built-in projector via HDMI
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Capture special occasions in the stunningly-sharp, 24p/60p HD they deserve with silky-smooth Balanced Optical Steady Shot image stabilization that keeps your memories looking their best. You can also share your family"s special moments up to 200" with the built-in projector for an instant at-the-movies feel. Feeling artistic? Manual control of iris, shutter and more let you express your personal style.
From the Manufacturer
Full HD 60p/24p Camcorder w/ advanced Manual Controls
Capture special occasions in the stunningly-sharp, 24p/60p HD they deserve with silky-smooth Balanced Optical SteadyShot image stabilization that keeps your memories looking their best. You can also share your family’s special moments up to 200” with the built-in projector for an instant at-the-movies feel. Feeling artistic? Manual control of iris, shutter and more let you express your personal style.
1920x1080 Full HD 24p/60p w/24.5MP Exmor R CMOS Sensor
Create cinematic video in high definition 1920 x 1080 24p/60p and high quality 24.5MP still images. Experience stunning low-light sensitivity with improved image clarity and drastically reduced grain with Sony’s back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor. Designed for compact cameras and camcorders, the Exmor R CMOS sensor relocates the photo diodes above the support circuitry, maximizing the light gathering area per pixel so you can shoot with better results in lower lighting conditions.
Balanced Optical SteadyShot image stabilization
On standard Optical SteadyShot camcorders a single “shift lens” is moved in the optical block to offset camera shake. Balanced Optical SteadyShot w/ Active Mode moves the entire optical block at once, maintaining the integrity of the optical path and reducing shake. It also reduces vignetting (light falloff towards the edge of a scene) and lowers distortion in videos and still photos.
Project ~200 videos w/ 50lm built-in projector via HDMI"
Enjoy your favorite memories virtually anywhere with the high-contrast 50 lumen projector built-in to the LCD panel. The HDMI multi-terminal allows you to connect external devices that have an HDMI output (smartphones, laptops, tablets, etc.) and use the camcorder’s projector to enjoy other forms of entertainment such as video games and streaming videos from the Internet. The camcorder even has built-in Auto Keystone Adjustment, which corrects the dimensions of the projected image when you cannot situate the device straight on to the wall.
Manual Control (Iris/Shutter/Exposure/White Balance)
Get the most out of your camcorder with enhanced manual controls. The assignable dial allows for control of focus, exposure, white balance, iris, and shutter speed.
Wireless control, transfer, data backup via Wi-Fi/NFC1
Built-in Wi-Fi/NFC makes for easy one touch connection to compatible mobile devices1. Turn your mobile phone and/or tablet into a remote control/viewing device, transfer your files to your mobile device wirelessly for instant sharing, Back up your data on your PC and even enjoy your videos and photos on a TV without wires.
Wide Angle G lens to capture more of what you want
Experience the pinnacle of Sony lens technology with the professional-quality G Lens. Engineered for superior optical performance, Sony G lenses deliver brilliant, accurate color reproduction and sharp, amazingly detailed images. In addition, the 26.8mm focal length in Photo and Video Modes offers a broader perspective for enhanced wide angle shooting.
Color EVF (0.27” 201K) crisp clear video monitoring
A color EVF (electronic view finder) provides clear crisp representation of your video allowing for proper framing, battery conservation, and increased stability.
3.0” Xtra Fine LCD display (921K) touch screen w/ WhiteMagic
The 3.0” (16:9) Xtra Fine LCD screen (921K) displays sharp, bright, vivid images, letting you compose a shot more easily - even outdoors, while enabling you to change settings to best represent the scene. Easily scroll through menus and view footage thanks to WhiteMagic technology that dramatically increases visibility in bright daylight. The large display delivers brilliant-quality still images and movies while enabling easy focusing operation.
5.1ch surround sound mic w/ new audio record controls
Dolby Digital 5.1 channel recording captures active sounds coming from all directions, so you can experience your home movies the way you experienced them while recording. Premium sound features such as Auto Wind Noise Reduction and Premium Closer Voice make it even easier to attain ideal sound quality in various situations.
Get creative w/ 7 picture effects for video and still photos
Picture Effects add a new level of expression and creativity to video and photos. Seven picture effects (Toy Camera, Pop Color, Soft High Key, Partial Color, Retro Photo, High Contrast Monochrome, and Posterization) are available in both photo and video modes. Shooting with these special modes will provide you an easy way to instantly transform your memories without any post editing software needed.
Up to FPO hours of recording with 32GB embedded Flash Memory
The built-in 32GB embedded Flash memory can record and store up XX hours XX minutes of high definition video footage (HD LP mode).
- Camera Type:Digital HD Video Camera Recorder w/ Projector
- Imaging Sensor:1/3.95'' (4.6mm) back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- Processor:BIONZ X image processor
- Pixel Gross:Approx.6590K pixels
- Effective Picture Resolution:Approx.6140K pixels(16:9)/Approx.4600K pixels(4:3)
- Color Filter System:ClearVid array
- Media Type:Internal Memory, Memory Stick Micro and Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC compatible
- Still Image Mode:JPEG
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution:24.5 megapixels
- Still Image Size 16:9:Movie Mode: 20.0 megapixels 16:9 (5024 x 2824); Photo Mode: 20.0 megapixels 16:9 (5024 x 28242)
- Still Image Size 4:3:Photo Mode: 18.4 megapixels 4:3 (4960x3712)
- Video Mode:HD: MPEG4-AVC/H.264 AVCHD 2.0 format.compatible; STD: MPEG2-PS; MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Video Resolution:HD:1920x1080/60p(PS),24p(FX,FH),60i(FX,FH), 1440x1080/60i(HQ,LP)
- Video Actual (Pixel):Approx.6,140K pixels(16:9)
- Video Signal:HDTV, NTSC color, EIA standards
- Recording and Playback Times (in Internal Media)(2ch):HD PS: 2h30m; HD FX: 2h35m; HD FH: 3h25m; HD HQ: 5h25m; HD LP: 7h55m; (Times are approximate; max time)
- Photo Capture from Movie:2.1megapixels16:9 (1920×1080)
- Dual Record:Yes
- Audio Format:Dolby Digital 5.1ch, Dolby Digital 5.1Creator; Dolby Digital 2ch Stereo, Dolby Digital Stereo Creator; MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch
- Microphone/Speaker:Built-in Zoom Microphone; Monoroal Speaker
- Dual Video Recording:Yes
- Internal Media:Flash Memory 32GB
- Mic Level Control:Yes (31steps)
- Movie Recording Rate(Average Bit Rate/VBR):HD PS:Approx.28Mbps/FX:Approx.24Mbps/FH:Approx.17Mbps/HQ:Approx.9Mbps/LP:Approx.5Mbps;MP4: Approx.3Mbps
- Recording and Playback Times (in Internal Media)(5.1ch):HD PS: 2h35m; HD FX: 2h40m; HD FH: 3h30m; HD HQ: 5h30m; HD LP: 8h0m; (Times are approximate; max time)
- Still Image File Format:DCF Ver.2.0 compatible, Exif Ver.2.3 compatible, MPF Baseline compatible
- Wind Noise Reduction:Yes (On/off)
- Lens Type:G Lens
- Lens Stabilization:Balanced Optical SteadyShot image stabilization w/ Active mode (Wide to Tele)
- Optical Zoom:12x
- Digital Zoom:160x
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent):Movie Mode: 26.8-321.6mm (16:9); Photo Mode: 26.8-321.6mm (16:9), 32.8-393.6mm (4:3)
- Minimum Focus Distance:Approx.1cm(Wide),Approx.80cm(Tele) (13/32inch-31 1/2inch)
- Clear Image Zoom:24x
- Type:0.2" (0.5cm) / Color 201,600dots equivalent
- Field of View:1
- Touch Panel:Yes
- LCD Type:3.0" Xtra Fine LCD display (460K) touch screen
- Angle Adjustment:Opening Angle: max.90 deg., Turning Angle: max.270 deg.
- Brightness Control:Yes (Menu)
- Grid Display:Grid Line
- Focus System:Contrast AF
- AF Modes:Auto / Manual (Touch Panel / Dial)
- Focus Area:Full range Focus / Spot Focus
- Manual Focus Assist:Magnified display for precise manual focus; Peaking Display
- Focus Features:Tracking Focus
- Metering Modes:Multi-segment / Spot
- Exposure Compensation:AE Shift (Dial / Touch Panel)
- Exposure Settings:Auto; Flexible Spot (Touch Panel); Manual (Dial / Menu)
- Scene Mode(s):Auto / Twilight / Twilight Portrait (Photo Mode only) / Sunrise & Sunset / Fireworks / Landscape / Portrait / Spotlight / Beach / Snow
- D-Range Optimizer:Yes
- Noise Reduction:Yes
- White Balance Mode:Auto / Onepush / Outdoor / Indoor
- Minimum Illumination:Standard: 6 lux (1/60 Shutter Speed); Low Lux: 3 lux (1/30 Shutter Speed)
- Auto Iris Control:F1.8 - F10
- Backlight Compensation:Yes (Auto)
- Gain Control:Auto
- LOW LUX Mode:Yes
- Manual Exposure Assist:Zebra Pattern Display
- Manual Iris Control:F1.8 - F10
- WB Shift:Yes
- Drive Mode:Photo Mode: Single-shot / Self-timer
- Self-timer:Approx. 10sec. (Still Image / Golf Shot)
- Shutter Speeds:Shutter Speed(Standard): 1/60 - 1/10000; Shutter Speed (Auto Control Range) 1/8 - 1/10000; Shutter Speed(Manual lris Control) 1/60 - 1/10000; Shutter Speed(Manual Shutter) 1/8 - 1/10000; Shutter Speed(Smooth Slow Rec): 1/250 - 1/10000
- Flash Coverage:Approx.11 7/8 inch-59 1/8 inch (Approx.30cm-150cm)
- Contrast Ratio:200:1
- Endurance (Battery Life):Approx. 120min(Supplied Battery)
- Light Output:Up to 50 lumens
- Projector Input:Yes (HDMI micro)
- Resolution Output:854 x 480
- Screen Coverage:Up to 200" (diag)
- Throw Distance:Approx. 0.5m (1.6feet) or over
- Manual / Auto Lens Cover:Auto
- S/S & Zoom button on LCD:Yes (Touch Panel)
- Self Timer:Yes
- Red-Eye Reduction:Yes (On/Off)
- Fader Effect(s):White / Black
- Date / Time Stamp:Yes (Rec Date and Time, Camera info)
- Erase/Protect:Yes / Yes
- Media/Battery Indicator:Yes (recordable time, free and used media space) / Yes (recordable time, remaining capacity)
- Power Save Mode:Yes
- Still Image Playback Options:Slide Show
- Video Playback Options:Highlight Playback (HD Movie Only); Highlight Playback Save and Share (Translate into STD quality); Highlight Scenario (Save/Playback/Erase); Hightlight BGM (Preinstalled 4 music files, Music transfer)
- Built-in USB Cable:Yes (USB Charge Available)
- Multiple Language Display:English; Brazilian Portugese; Canadian French; Spanish
- Picture Effects:Yes
- Remote Control:Yes
- Self Recording:Yes
- Assignable Dial:Yes (Focus / Exposure / Iris / Shutter Speed / AE Shift / WB Shift Set)
- AGC Limit:Yes
- Airplane Mode:Yes
- Audio Level Display:Yes
- CinemaTone Gamma/Color:Yes
- Face Detection:Yes
- Golf Shot:Yes
- Image Stabilization:Balanced Optical SteadyShot image stabilization w/ Active mode (Wide to Tele)
- Intelligent Auto:Portrait / Baby / Walk / Tripod / Backlight / Landscape / Spotlight / Twilight / Macro / Low light / Auto Wind Noise Reduction
- My Voice Canceling:Yes
- NightShot Infrared System:Yes
- Premium Closer Voice:Yes
- Priority Setting (for Face Detection):Auto/OFF
- Smile Shutter technology:Dual Capture / Always On / Off
- Smooth Slow Rec:Yes
- Wi-Fi:Built-In (Wi-Fi Compatible, IEEE 802.11b/g/n(2.4GHz band)
- Wi-Fi Functionality:Remote control with mobile device, send to smartphone, send to PC (with optional wi-fi accessory)
- Memory Card Slot:Memory Stick Micro and Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC compatible
- SD Output:Composite Video Out (AV CABLE (sold separately))
- HD Output:HDMI Out (micro)(supplied)
- USB Port(s):TypeA (built-in) / USB2.0 Hi-speed (mass-storage/MTP)
- BRAVIA Sync:Yes
- PhotoTV HD:Yes
- Headphone Jack:Stereo Minijack
- Microphone Input:Stereo Minijack
- Direct Copy:Yes
- Accessory Shoe:Yes (Multi Interface Shoe)
- DC IN:Yes
- HDMI Terminal:Yes (HDMI micro)
- Projector Input:Yes (HDMI micro)
- Dimensions (Approx.):Approx.2 3/4inch (W) x 2 7/8inch(H)x 5 3/8inch (D) (Approx.67.5mm x 72.5mm x 134mm)
- Weight (Approx.):Approx.1lb (Approx.460g) Main Unit Only
- Power Consumption (in Operation):Viewfidner: HD:2.9W; LCD: HD:3.1W
- Power Requirements:6.8V/7.2V (battery pack); 5.0V (AC Adapter)
- Battery Type:InfoLITHIUM with AccuPower Meter System (V Series)
- Supplied Software:PC: PlayMemories Home and Music Transfer (via download); MAC: Music Transfer, PlayMemories Online Uploader, Wireless Auto Import (by download)
- Operating System Compatibility:Windows XP SP3 /Windows Vista SP2 /Windows7 64-bit editions and Starter (Edition) are not supported. The Windows Image Mastering API (IMAPI) Ver. 2.0 or later is required to use the function for creating discs. Starter (Edition) are not supported. Standard installation is required. Operation is not assured if the above OS has been upgraded or in a multi-boot environment.
- Limited Warranty Term:Limited Warranty -- 1 Year Parts; 90 Days Labor
- My Voice Canceling:Yes
- Premium Closer Voice:Yes
- Light source:LED(R/G/B)
- Projection type:DLP
2014 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony, Exmor R, BIONZ and the Sony logo are trademarks of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners. Features and specifications subject to change without notice.
Read about our customers' top-rated camcorders on our review page: Camcorders
Top Customer Reviews
Many of the main features remain pretty much the same from the PJ650 such as the 26mm wide angle Sony "G" lens, 5.1 surround microphone, GPS, multi-shoe, an imbedded 32 GB HDD, memory card slot for Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards, built-in USB plug, microphone jack, headphone jack, multi terminal, HDMI/Projector inputs for displaying content from a tablet or smartphone, the sublime BOSS(Balanced Optical Steady Shot) lens, and professional features like slow record, zebra, and peaking support, as well as the built in camera light/flash.
The biggest downside to this camera despite the welcomed enhancements, it's clearly not a replacement for the PJ790 which in my opinion is still the better camera, even though it does cost more. The PJ810 would be better if it was actually replacing the PJ790, but it lacks the Carl Zeiss vario-sonnar lens and the image clarity, the top-mounted 5.1/2CH stereo microphone, night shot, and even the BOSS lens stability on the PJ790 is just unrivaled when weighed against the other models. The other thing that struck me odd is that the PJ810 lacks an included lens hood, where as the PJ650 had one. I know you can buy a separate lens hood for the PJ650 and use that for the PJ810. It just seems odd for the price tag, why they would take something out that was included with the PJ650.
Despite my criticism, this camera is clearly better than the PJ650, the Wifi/NFC communication is nice and further streamlines the camera making it much more user friendly. And this is a top-model camcorder, so if you were considering getting the PJ650, I would go ahead and get the PJ810 instead, since they cost the same price. It takes stunning full HD video, brilliant photos, and the on-board microphone records very crisp sounds and life like audio, and it's pretty well isolated so there's no unwanted camera noises in your recordings. The MP4 format was one of my favorite features on the PJ650, the instant sharing is so convenient and the footage and images you take are miles above anything smart phones and tablets are capable of producing. So among friends, this camera does shine at social gatherings and for bloggers and maybe even journalists, the level of quality this camera produces is just unrivaled.
The PJ810 comes with the NP-FV50 battery, USB transfer cable, HDMI cable, remote commander, step-down ring for 37mm lenses and lens accessories, power adapter/power plug, warranty, and instructions. Again, this package is lacking the lens hood for this model, which is pretty important because in outdoors the lens hood keeps stray light from hitting the lens causing lens flare and other visual anomalies that might ruin your shot, as well as balancing everything out so images appear as they should. So for indoors it isn't a big deal, but for outdoors you'll pretty much want a lens hood on at all times. Overall the camera is solid and a nice step up from the PJ650, while it might have some new features and refinements, the PJ790 in my opinion is still better in terms of bang for your buck if you really want an over-the-top prosumer camcorder. But the $1098.00 price tag fortunately didn't increase from the PJ650, so it is still a great value for everything it does.
Overall, it's a buy.
This camcorder is the replacement for the Sony HDR-PJ650V and not a replacement for the Sony HDR-PJ790V. If you go to either product site on Amazon, it would recommend this PJ810 as a "newer model" which is not entirely accurate for the PJ790.
Top compartment of the box revealed the instruction manuals (English and Spanish), warranty information, mini pamphlet on available accessories. Inside the box was the camcorder body, NP-FV50 battery, AC adaptor, power cord, micro HDMI cable, USB cable extender, remote control RMT-835 (with battery).
First thing is to charge the battery. The battery has to be mounted on the camera to charge (no separate battery charger). There is a USB cable, about two inches long, with the USB connector mounted onto the strap. I used the USB cable extended to connect the camera to the AC adaptor and let the battery charge overnight.
The camcorder body on the side of the strap (where you slip your hand to hold the camera) has the feel of a DSLR. This side also has the microphone input and headphone jack (both stereo minijacks) on this side. The other side is smooth black plastic that has the flip-out LCD touchscreen. Opening the screen also the HDMI in and out ports, as well as the external memory slot under a plastic sliding cover.
Wi-Fi support is used for connecting to smartphones. NFC (near field communication) provides "touch connection" convenience when transferring images to Android smartphones and tablets. With this feature, users need only touch devices to connect; no complex set-up is required. In addition, when using Smart Remote Control -- a feature that allows shutter release to be controlled by a smartphone -- connection between this camcorder and the smartphone can be established by simply touching devices.
Video quality is excellent. I've used it to record outdoor and indoor functions. I like the dual format video recording, and I record AVCHD and MP4 at the same time. Overall, an excellent consumer camcorder. I would say it will give my go-to camcorder (Canon HF S10) a run for its money, which has been my go-to camcorder to record significant events.
For better image quality, I would recommend the Sony HDR-PJ790V or the Sony HDR-CX900. The PJ790V has a larger sensor (1/2" -vs- 1/3" for this PJ810), but it will add another $500+ to the cost. The Sony HDR-CX900 has a 1" Exmor R CMOS Sensor, has a resolution of 14MP(video) and 20MP (still images), and with similar capabilities as the PJ810, minus the projector. For 4K video capability, I would recommend the Sony FDR-AX100/B 4K Video Camera, which has a larger LCD at 3.5" (-vs- 3" for the PJ810) and a 1" Exmor R CMOS sensor (-vs- 1/3" for the PJ810), but also costs about $1K more than the PJ810.
Included in the box:
-NP-FV50 battery, AC adaptor, power cord, instruction manuals (English and Spanish), micro HDMI cable, USB cable extender, remote control RMT-835 (with battery), step down ring for 37mm lens accessories (filters, etc.). As mentioned by previous reviewer, this does NOT come with a lens hood, which I always use for outdoor daytime shooting.
-32GB embedded Flash Memory
-Slot for full size SD/SDHC/SDXC and Memory Stick Micro memory expansion. However, on paper the description says that expandable memory only supports Memory Stick Micro (this is correct) and Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC (this is incorrect, since it supports full size cards). The picture on the Sony site even shows a full size SD slot, but the specifications state micro cards are used. Wrong information on Sony and Amazon sites.
-1920x1080 Full HD 24p/60p with 24.5MP Exmor R CMOS Sensor
-Project ~200" videos with 50 lumen built-in projector via HDMI. Projector is built in to the LCD panel. HDMI multi-terminal allows you to connect external devices that have an HDMI output (smartphones, laptops, tablets, etc) and use the camcorder's projector to enjoy other forms of entertainment such as video games and streaming videos.
-Does NOT have night shot. Or at least I haven't found it yet :p
-Has a video light, but it does not function as a flash for still pictures.
-Multiple Format Recording: The PJ810 can redord in AVCHD and MP4 at the same time!
-F1.8-3.4 aperture size.
-Wide Angle G lens: Sony G lenses are professional grade, and deliver brilliant, accurate color reproduction and sharp, detailed images. The 26.8mm focal length offers broader perspective for enhanced wide angle shooting.
-Balanced Optical SteadyShot image stabilization: Moves the entire optical block at once, instead of moving a single "shift lens"
-5.1ch surround sound mic: Records audio in Dolby Digital 5.1 channel. Also features Auto Wind Noise Reduction.
-Color electronic view finder (EVF): EVF 0.27" with 201K colors
-3" LCD display: The 3" 16:9 Xtra Fine LCD screen (921K) displays sharp, bring, and vivid images. Bright enough to shoot daytime outdoors (for me).
-Manual controls for Iris, Gain, and Shutter Speed
-7 picture effects for video and still photos
(edited 2014-04-24 for grammar and corrections)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
How stupid is that!?Read more
Just writing this review as I found out an important difference between 2 models of this same camcorder on amazon.Read more