Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 335 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 389 reviews
on September 28, 2014
First year was great. But recently Netflix updated their Dolby Digital + coding and the HT-CT660 does not support it. Not sure Sony will fix this...

Update 2: Sony will now repair the units.

Update:
The Sony Support website now recognizes that all units are defective and asks you to call to schedule service repairs (see below the next paragraph):

However, when I called Sony Service I was told that my one year and 2 months HT-CT660 unit was out of warranty and that I would have to pay to get the Dolby Digital Plus issue fixed. I'll be filing a report with the Better Business Bureau. Plus I'm done with Sony products, no wonder the company is performing so poorly.

The following models will need to be Serviced to correct the Dolby Digital Plus Sound Distortion:
Receivers
Soundbars
HT-ST7
HT-XT1
HT-CT660
HT-CT370 (impacted Serial # 8200001 - 8202846)
HT-CT770 (impacted Serial # 8100001 - 8137756)

Please contact Sony Service to schedule a Service repair. When you schedule the repair, please reference "Dolby Digital Plus Sound Distortion".
on January 14, 2014
I first bought a sound bar last year. I went with a cheap LG model on sale at Walmart. I rarely used it because it didn't have what I was going after. A fuller sounding speaker to play WITH my TV or instead of my TV speakers. After many hours of research and reading reviews, I settled on the Sony HT-CT660. First, setup was easy and hassle free. We have a 60 inch Sharp mounted above our fireplace and it has a good mantle for the sound bar to sit. I connected it to my TV with the provided optic cable but may change to the HDMI instead to see if it gets even better sound. We have a large sofa sectional with a small void behind the corner piece and have hardwood flooring. I placed the wireless subwoofer in this area. WOW! I love this whole system. I've played my iPhone music using the Bluetooth and it sounds amazing and PLENTY loud for me. I spent some time playing with Bass, Treble, Subwoofer levels and settled on a good setup for me. It sounds great for movies and regular TV watching too. The placement of the subwoofer and the fact that it's speaker is on the bottom (combined with the wood floors too I guess) makes a great surround effect. Love this system and very glad I bought it.
on September 9, 2013
I have had a 5.1 system for the last 10 years and I was pretty apprehensive of getting a sound bar. I hate seeing cables so i was getting a little tired of trying to figure out where to place the speakers of my 5.1 set up and how to hide the wires. I had to move last weekend to a space that was going to be smaller than my current so I decided to finally take the plunge and get a sound bar. I was completely blown away by the sound of the HT-CT660. Like other people have said out of the box the sub-woofer is a little bassy but I like it like that and don't mind it at all.

Setting it up as far as it pairing with the sub-woofer is easy, no menus at all, it was done automatically. If you are placing this on a TV stand then it will take you 5 minutes tops to wire it up to your electronics. If you are mounting on the wall be prepared to do some work. I would have actually preferred if they included a mount. It has two keyhole mounts so be prepared to take some measurements and get the level ready to make sure those mounts align with the screws on the wall. I also had to drill 2 holes on the wall to run the wires, the HDMI 1 and 2 ports are barely recessed and this will not mount unless you get 90 degree HDMI adapters or drill a hole behind those ports which is what i did so no wires were visible. Take a look at how I mounted it in the consumer images page.

Overall Im very satisfied with the HT-CT660 sound bar and it looks like my Pioneer receiver is gonna be sitting in its box for a while.
review image review image
on October 1, 2013
I like that this model adds tweeters that the lower Sony models do not have. This makes it much easier to hear voice (that you can turn up or down) and adds a much better high-end response in general. You do have to tweak this model to get it to sound good. Tweaking specific settings will depend on your room. It is definitely capable of sounding great, just not right out of the box.

I like putting the subwoofer behind the couch. It almost feels like proper surround sound. It's great! There's no going back to plain TV speakers, that's for sure.

There is a downside, and that is the wireless sub. The fact that it's wireless is a plus, but it's also a negative. You can't have the sub behind too much stuff or too far away, or it will drop its signal frequently. Anytime someone sat down on my couch the signal would drop, so I had to move the sub beside the couch to fix that problem.

Bottom Line -- If you don't like wires and a have at least a 46" TV, buy this sound bar to get some great sound with a little tweaking. Bluetooth is a plus as well.
on March 6, 2014
I am little disappointed in the sound quality. I have experienced better sound quality from computer speakers with a sub-woofer. It attempts to imitate the acoustics of a movie theatre - echoes and all. If that is what you like, it maybe for you. It is poor choice for listening to music. On the positive side it is one main piece, with remote, bluetooth enabled sub-woofer, and easy to setup. On the negative side it can block your remote's transmission to the TV and as mentioned earlier the sound could be better. This product may be better than many other sound bars, but that is not saying much for sound bars in general.
on July 13, 2015
Big disapointment.
We purchased the Sony Sound bar to use with are Sony Bravia 55" HD TV wich also has poor sound quality with rear mounted speakers. The sound bar works but we disconnected it due to poor sound quality. Remote and the setting you have to go through are over kill. The bass speaker has to much or to little boom with little means to ajust. Remote has various buttons to set for TV. Audio. Video ect. Each rendering a preset. It sits and collects dust. They won't allow return to much time passes. Sony was called. Emailed. Ect. Each time "take it to certified Sony repair" TV now 3 years old and has blacked out areas on screen, again no personal comms just one liner take it to Sony Certified repair. We did try that but we can buy a new TV for what they want for repair. It wont be a Sony you can count on that. Bye sony.
on September 5, 2013
I spent quite some time to choose the right sound bar. I had 3 requirements;

1- Bluetooth function
2- Surround sound and above average quality
3- Aesthetics

After using it for 1-2 months, I believe that I made the right choice.

1- Bluetooth works like a charm. It takes 3-4 seconds to pair, no delay, and no disconnection throughout the house (800 sq feet).

2- Yes, the surround sound with these sound bars are not `true` surround, but it is enough if you don`t have a giant room. Sound quality is above average, much much better than TV speakers of course, and no buzzing or similar sounds even if you pump up the volume. I expected just a little bit more better sound quality, but this is fine.

3- Love the aesthetics. Plus, my remote for TV works as well even if the sound bar blocks the TV.

4- Ability to move the wireless sub woofer is just great. I had to change it couple of times for optimal sound quality, and you don`t have to deal with cables. No problem with connecting to the sound bar as well. It automatically pairs in just 1 or 2 seconds.

5- I love the fact that when I turn on the sound bar, TV turns on automatically as well.

For the price, this is a top notch product. The reason I gave 4 stars is that the sound quality could have been better.
on May 8, 2014
This sound bar was mounted under a 52" Sony Bravia TV [with brackets I bought] and was supposed to be hooked up via HDMI cables to the TV and a Sony BD player. According to the directions the TV & BD player sound have been run through the sound bar and then controlled with the 1 remote. [I also tried to hook up a Apple TV and Comcast cable box]
After MANY efforts to have it sync with the TV, BD etc. I gave up and called some professionals; they too could not get it to sync via the HDMI hookups on the sound bar so I had to settle for the sound bar running off the TV via the optical wire that came with it. Thus, the cable box, the BD player and Apple TV is hooked to the TV. While the sound IS excellent, [and the wireless subwoofer is awesome sounding], I must use at least 2 remotes, one for the sound bar [the TV remote will not run the sound bar], and the other for whatever I am trying to view. Having to use 2 remotes is hardly a crippling issue; nevertheless, the fact that it was supposed to be a one remote etc. hookup is VERY annoying. I suggest looking elsewhere for a sound bar; after all, if it will not sync with other Sony products how could it be expected to sync with any other ones?
on October 23, 2014
Terrible Sound, Terrible Menu. I bought this, because I wanted something that did HDMI switching, but was smaller than a full receiver. It was meant to replace a 2.1 setup that I had that didn't do HDMI switching.

The Sony does HDMI switching. The cables aren't too hard to go in, and it's pretty easy to setup. The wireless subwoofer connects automatically, no pairing or anything. Bluetooth to my phone worked really well as well. Super easy to set up.

The sound from the thing is TERRIBLE! there are no mid tones. It's either incredibly tinny, or incredibly boomy. You can adjust treble and bass, but not a full EQ, and it's has to be reset per input.

There is no on screen display, therefore everything you do is done through the small 2x2 inch screen on the center channel. We have a big living room, and you need to stand RIGHT in front of the device to see the screen. which is where I don't want to adjust the sound.
on October 6, 2013
I installed this for a friend who wanted to update his entertainment area of his basement who had a 55" plasma, an xbox360, blue ray and cable box. He was considering purchasing an AV receiver but I found this and thought it would eliminate the need for spending another $400.
What I liked:
1. It has 3 HDMI inputs and switches easily. It has only one output to the TV so you only have to calibrate that input.
2. Easily connects to a smartphone or MP3 player via bluetooth.
3. Has a number of soundfield for what you are watching such as sports, movies, music.
4. Works well with Logitech programmable remote.
5. The sound is very good for a 2.1 surround sound. It gets plenty loud without distortion for my friend's downstairs family room (about 500sq. feet). I will have to say it was WAY better than his TV speakers but I am no audiophile.
What I didn't like:
1. Connected the Sony blu-ray player had "snow" in the picture. I do not know the cause as the XBOX and cable box did not have snow. When troubleshooting, I brought over my Samsung Blu-Ray. It too had "snow", so I tested out various cables and all the HDMI in connections. All had snow with 2 different players which told me it was an issue with the sound bar and blu-ray players. I fixed this by connecting the Blu-ray directly to and HDMI on the TV with the TV audio connecting to the sound bar via optical. Looks and sounds great. I took off one star for this.
Overall, if I had multiple accessories that I wanted to connect via HDMI and did not want to spend a lot of money on an AV receiver this would be the way I would go. Again, to me it sounded great but I am no audiophile but overall it sounded great. A great 3 dimensional sound with the subwoofer. I am considering this for my mancave as it was so easy to install and set up.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.