- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Sony HTSS380 3D Home Theater System
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 1000 watt 5.1 channel surround sound (167 W x5 + 165 W)
- Three HDMI inputs: single-cable High-Definition AV connections
- HDMI Repeater with 3D pass-through
- iPod/iPhone dock for video, music and photos
- BRAVIA Widget unified on-screen interface
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Embark upon an amazing cinematic experience from the comfort of your own couch with this HT-SS380 5.1-channel surround sound 3D home theater system. Outfitted with three HDMI inputs with 3D pass-through, you can easily connect compatible devices-like a PS3 system, 3D HDTV or 3D Blu-ray Disc player-and experience eye-popping 3D. With 1000 watts of powerful, 5.1-channel surround sound, get blown away by your music and the sounds of your favorite movies and games. Play songs stored on your compatible iPod or iPhone with the included dock, then control the audio system with the BRAVIA Widget Control onscreen menu for compatible BRAVIA HDTVs.
- Three HDMI inputs - Connect three HD sources via HDMI and easily switch between them. HDMI connections combine the quality of pure digital-to-digital signal transfer with the simplicity of a single connection for audio, video and control.
- BRAVIA Widget Control - Controlling surround sound systems just got easier. With select 2011 BRAVIA HDTVs, you can pull up a menu on the TV screen to make comprehensive audio adjustments.
- Digital Cinema Auto Calibration - Easily optimize your surround sound experience. Simply place the included microphone where you will be seated. Speaker set-up is automatically optimized based on the precise placement of your speakers and the speaker-to-listening position delays.
- HDMI standby pass-through - Conveniently access all your HDMI sources without having to power on the home theater system.
- HDMI 3D Pass-Through - Enjoy Blu-ray 3D movies, 3D video games and other 3D content with compatible players and HDTVs.
- 1000 Watts for powerful sound - Hear everything with incredible impact. The system delivers 1000 Watts total power (167 Watts x5 +165 Watts, measurements at 3 Ohms, 180 Hz
From the Manufacturer
Embark upon an amazing cinematic experience from the comfort of your own couch with this HT-SS380 5.1-channel surround sound 3D home theater system. Outfitted with three HDMI inputs with 3D pass-through, you can easily connect compatible devices--like a PS3 system, 3D HDTV, or 3D Blu-ray Disc player--and experience eye-popping 3D. With 1000 watts of powerful, 5.1-channel surround sound, get blown away by your music and the sounds of your favorite movies and games. Play songs stored on your compatible iPod or iPhone with the included dock, then control the audio system with the BRAVIA Widget Control onscreen menu for compatible BRAVIA HDTVs.
5.1-Channel Sound Bar System with HDMI 3D Pass-Through
The fast and easy way to add great sound to any HDTV, this sound bar matches the design of Sony televisions and is the perfect complement for your BRAVIA HDTV or other Sony display. With HDMI 3D pass-through capability, enjoy 3D Blu-ray Disc movies, video games, and other 3D content with compatible players and HDTVs. HDMI standby pass-though lets you conveniently access all your HDMI sources without having to power on the sound bar.
Connect three HD sources via HDMI and easily switch between them. HDMI connections combine the quality of pure digital-to-digital signal transfer with the simplicity of a single connection for audio, video and control.
3D Surround Sound with HD Audio Decoding
Using Sony's S-Force Surround technology, the HT-CT350 can deliver simulated surround sound from just the bar and the subwoofer. You get a powerful surround sound effect without the need to connect multiple speakers throughout the room. And the latest HD audio decoding lets you experience theater-like sound in your home with Dolby TrueHD and dts Master Audio HD enhanced audio.
Place the subwoofer just about anywhere in the room. Sony's clever input/output box enables the sound bar to offer both a wireless subwoofer and HDMI connections to other equipment.
iPod/iPhone Dock Included
Listen to music and watch video stored on your iPod or iPhone while charging your device with the included dock.
BRAVIA Sync Capable
Conveniently operate and control select Sony BRAVIA Sync devices with one remote including: Sony Blu-ray Disc Players, BRAVIA HDTVs, Sony home theater products.
#1 Home Audio Brand based on units sold and dollars for the 12 months ending March 2011 in Total Home Audio, The NPD Group/Retail Tracking Service.
- Output Power: 1000W
- Impedance: 8 Ohms
- HDMI: 3D capable with pass-through
- Audio Decoding: DTS, DTS-HD, Dolby Digital, Dolby Prologic II, Dolby TrueHD, LPCM
- Tuner: FM
- Presets: 20 FM
- Inputs: HDMI x 3; Coaxial x 1; Optical x 2
- Outputs: HDMI x 1
- Center Speaker Dimensions: 12.4 x 2.1 x 2.3 in
- Center Speaker Weight: 0.6 lbs
- Subwoofer Dimensions: 10.2 x 10.4 x 10.6 in
- Subwoofer Weight: 6.6 lbs
- L/R Front Speaker Dimensions: 3.3 x 8.6 x 3.7 in
- L/R Front Speaker Weight: 1 lbs
- L/R Surround Speaker Dimensions: 3.3 x 8.6 x 3.7 in
- L/R Surrouns Speaker Weight: 1.1 lbs
Top Customer Reviews
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE HT-SS370 AND HT-SS380 SYSTEMS:
While the HT-SS380 does have 3-D capabilities, some other notable features are missing. The HT-SS370 had options for purchasing additional components in order to add wireless rear speaker capability. The HT-SS380 has no wireless expandability options. The HT-SS370 speakers came with wiring that featured proprietary connectors on one end for connecting to the receiver, but the speakers themselves featured standard wire clips, making them available to use with any other system that featured a standard clip design. The HT-SS380 speakers, on the other hand, still feature the proprietary clips on one end, but the other end is firmly connected to the speaker and is not able to be removed. Therefore in order to use the speakers with any other system, the wires would have to be cut and spliced to additional wire. The HT-SS380 does however contain a iPod/iPhone dock, whereas that component had to be purchased separately for the HT-SS370.
The HT-SS380 has great sound for a minimal price. The speakers are plenty loud when it comes to filling a moderate-size room with crisp sound, and the passive sub-woofer puts out bass that you can feel. Sound quality is one of the most important aspects of the system for me, and so that's why I applied a 4-star rating instead of a 3-star rating. The system as a whole is very sleek and stylish.Read more ›
Now sure the items are still a bit on the expensive side, but how amazingly well they "play nice" together is worth it (just like Apple products).
The sound is fantastic and the Bravia Sync is AMAZING as you just plug in the HDMI cables and it's completely set up with the TV recognizing that you'll be using the sound system for sound instead of the TV speakers with a lot more beyond that!
Even when it comes to my PS3 it rocks as both the TV & Sound system remotes work with the PS3's DVD/Blu Ray playing functions, so it eliminated the need for me to buy a seperate Harmony remote piece just to get it to work (I might even sell my Harmony remote all together the Sony remotes work so well).
All in all, if your looking for a good lower end priced home theater system with some great features, I'd think you would very pleased with the HT-SS380!
Pros: Attractive, small yet powerful, plenty of features + ability to hook a lot of systems into the receiver.
Cons: Limited length of speaker wire & inability to lengthen it without voiding the warranty.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Integrates seamlessly with my Sony TV and Sony DVD player.Published 15 months ago by Ernesto Santiago
Since I have everything Sony and didnt feel like investing alot of cash,despite some reviews,I went ahead and purchased this home theater system. I like the sound it puts out. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Stephen K.