Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Sony HXR-NX5U NXCAM Professional Camcorder (Discon..." and save 62% off the $3,995.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Sony HXR-NX5U NXCAM Professional Camcorder (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Price:||$3,359.19 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- HDSDI and HDMI Output
- Linear PCM Audio
- Simultaneous SD/HD Recording via HXR-FMU128
- SMPTE Time Code In/Out Connector
- Built-in GPS Function
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Sony HXR-NX5U camcorder is the first product of the Sony NXCAM generation and a new category of tapeless memory camcorder, providing an ideal balance of power and performance in the digital age. Utilizing the revolutionary AVCHD format, this camcorder offers long duration recording - with dual memory slots - on affordable consumer memory cards. As it facilitates a totally IT-based workflow, the HXR-NX5U has the potential to profoundly change the way content is created. Simultaneous hybrid recording is available in HD and SD formats, using the optional HXR-FMU128 flash memory unit. In any format, breathtaking picture quality is assured with proven features such as a state-of-the-art G Lens and three Exmor CMOS sensors with a ClearVid array. Professionals expect this standard of picture quality from Sony and accept nothing less.
From the Manufacturer
Professional AVCHD hand-held camcorder.
The new HXR-NX5U camcorder is the first product of the Sony NXCAM generation.
A new category of tapeless memory camcorder, providing an ideal balance of power and performance in the digital age. Utilizing the revolutionary AVCHD format, this camcorder offers long duration recording on affordable consumer memory cards. The HXR-NX5U has the potential to profoundly change the way content is created. Simultaneous hybrid recording is available in HD and SD formats, using the optional HXR-FMU128 flash memory unit. Quality is assured with proven features such as a state-of-the-art G Lens and three Exmor CMOS sensors with a ClearVid array. Professionals expect this standard of picture quality from Sony ... and accept nothing less.
- Three, 1/3-inch High Definition Exmor sensors.
- Linear 16-bit 48KHz PCM or Dolby AC3 audio recording.
- Wide angle 20x Sony G-Lens captures fine detail and image texture; even on the corners of the image.
- SMPTE Time Code In/Out Connector
- Built-in GPS Geo-Tagging Function
- HXR-FMU128 optional flash HDD records for 11 hrs.
- 60i and 50i switchable via WorldCam paid upgrade.
- Optional 3 or 5 year Extended Warranty available
- 10-bit 4:2:2HD SD-SDI & HDMI outputs.
|Camera Section Specifications||Detail:|
|Built-in Optical Filters||Clear |
|Effective Picture Elements||Approx. 1,037,000 pixels with ClearVid array|
|Gain Selection||-6 |
|Minimum Illumination||1.5 lx (auto gain, auto iris, 1/30 shutter)|
|Shutter Speed (Time)||Auto, Manual 60i/30p: 1/4-1/10,000, 24p: 1/3-1/10,000 sec.|
|Slow & Quick Motion Function||120 fps (fixed) as improved Smooth Slow Rec.|
|Slow Shutter||1/4 sec. |
|Audio Recording||HD: Linear PCM 2ch, 16bit, 48kHz / Dolby Digital 2ch, 16bit 48kHz |
SD: Dolby Digital 2ch, 16bit, 48kHz
|Mass||(w/Lens hood with Lens cover) 2.2 kg (4 lb 15 oz) |
(w/NP-F570 Battery, Lens hood with Lens cover, large eyecup, ECM-XM1, Memory card) 2.5 kg (5 lb 7 oz)
(w/NP-F770 Battery, Lens hood with Lens cover, large eyecup, ECM-XM1, Memory card) 2.6 kg (5 lb 11 oz)
(w/NP-F970 Battery, Lens hood with Lens cover, large eyecup, ECM-XM1, Memory card) 2.7 kg (5 lb 14 oz)
|Operating Temperature||0 to +40 deg C (+32 to +104 deg F)|
|Power Consumption||ECM-XM1 and LCD with normal brightness 7.7W (When Flash Memory Unit HXR-FMU128 is used, the average power consumption increases about 1.1W).|
|Power Requirements||AC adaptor / Battery 8.4V / 7.2V|
|Recording Frame Rate NTSC Mode||AVCHD FX (24Mbps) 1920x1080/60i |
AVCHD FH (17Mbps) 1920x-1080/60i
AVCHD HQ (9Mbps) 1440x1080/60i
AVCHD LP (5Mbps) 1440x1080/60i
AVCHD FX (24Mbps) 1920x1080/24p
AVCHD FH (17Mbps) 1920x1080/24p
AVCHD FX (24Mbps) 1920x1080/30p
AVCHD FH (17Mbps) 1920x1080/30p
AVCHD FX (24Mbps) 1280x720/60p
AVCHD FH (17Mbps) 1280x720/60p
MPEG2 SD HQ (9Mbps) 720x480/60i
MPEG2 SD HQ (9Mbps) 720x480/60i (24p Scan)
MPEG2 SD HQ (9Mbps) 720x480/60i (30p Scan)
|Recording Media||Memory Stick PRO Duo |
Memory Stick PRO Duo (High Speed)
Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark2)
Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo
Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo HX
|Recording/Playback Time||170 min (2h 50m) with 32GB Memory Stick PRO-HX Duo FX (24Mbps) Linear PCM 2ch recording|
|Storage Temperature||-20 to +60 deg C (-4 to +140 deg F)|
|Video Recording Format||HD: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (AVCHD) |
SD: MPEG-2 PS
|Included Lens Specifications||Detail:|
|Focal Length||f = 4.1 to 82.0 mm (equivalent to f = 29.5 to 590 mm at 16:9 mode, f = 36.1 to 722 mm at 4.3 mode on 35 mm lens)|
|Zoom Ratio Selectable||Sony G Lens, 20x (optical), 1.5x Digital Extender|
|Inputs and Outputs Specifications||Detail:|
|Audio In||XLR 3-pin (female) (x2) |
line/mic/mic +48 V selectable
|Audio Out||RCA type (CH-1, CH-2)|
|Component Out||RCA type (x3) via A/V multi connector|
|Composite Video Out||RCA type (x1)|
|DC In||Power cord|
|SDI Out||BNC (x1) |
|Built-in LCD Monitor||3.2 inch-type, XtraFine LCD, approximately 921,600 dots, hybrid type, 16:9 aspect ratio|
|Viewfinder||0.45 inch-type approximately 1,226,880 dots (852 x 3(RGB) x 480), 16:9 aspect ratio|
Legal DisclaimerShipping only to Lower 48 U.S. States. No International buyers, please.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I bought this because of past reviews and the inclusion of XLR audio inputs. After several dozen uses, I have some pros and cons to share:
* Razor sharp video time and again. Bright, crisp images and great audio produced great results
* The focus ring turns with just the right amount of resistance and response.
* I like my iris to always be on manual and control the exposure myself. The NX5U allows me to do that.
* Specific to my needs, I'm able to mount this to a portable teleprompter and then mount the entire arrangement to a tripod. Great results!
* Although I know it's well built, it still feels plasticky and hollow. When I grab the handle, it gives a little and worries me. Lightly tapping on the side returns a feeling of thinness and lightweight construction.
* I like having the flip-out screen, but in this age of super cell phones, I think the screen should be far sharper and larger. What's there works fine, but I've used other cameras with sharper resolution screens and it would be nice to have this kind of screen on this camera too.
* Although I knew this when I bought it, I don't care for the rear-mounted, center-located eyepiece. It doesn't help with shoulder-mounted shooting and forces my hands into an awkward position when using the camera off the tripod.
Overall, the camera works well for it's intended purpose and I'm glad I bought it. In a year or so, this camera will become the backup/ 2nd camera in our department and we'll add something a bit more broadcast traditional in use. In the meantime, however, we'll do just fine with the Sony HXR-NX5U.
The real kicker is its just so nice to pop the SDHC card out and be able to instantly view the footage on my laptop, without the whole tape download/cineform convert/render thing ....
I'm extremely happy with it and actually tried to think of anything negative to say about it and just couldn't. Sorry!
Most recent customer reviews
I am very happy with this camera.
The bad: AC power to the camera plugs in where the battery goes, so if you're using the camera on AC power and want...Read more