Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 19 reviews
on July 18, 2013
Perfect compact hxr with pro-like capabilities. Good-bye mini dv, hello future. So happy with purchase! ~Take the supplied mic out to fit flashlights for night shots~
on October 4, 2011
I've been a pro videographer for over 10 years and always look for video cameras that perform extremely well without having to pay 5-10K. For the money, this cam is extremely good. The claimed features and specs are real. The depth of color is outstanding. Plus, the low lux setting is much more than a small enhancement. There's a definite improvment at venues with lower lighting. Very good cam. I would add 2 features: Controls for the zoom speed & streaming video out/firewire. We proudly use this at XoomworX.
on October 28, 2013
Finally a small camera that has what I need....
almost.
Picture, audio, features great.
Zoom - so so
Video out - a pain - this should be easy.
Overall a very good camera - a very good value.
Should be ok for most applications.
on February 21, 2015
Well, Ive used it for a year and wish I would have purchased a 3 chip camera instead. I shoot live switch events and this camera doesn't match the clarity of even my HDR-FX7 which is actually HDV. It has a soft picture and if you shoot old people they love the fact their wrinkles don't show as much. I do like the fact I can set up a lockdown shot and not worry about running out of HD space for 4 hours which some of my meetings run.
on October 14, 2013
The quality for this camera is excellent and would recommend it to anyone seeking a HD camera. We are using it to stream live video and the quality is great!
on August 16, 2013
This camera is phenomenal. My only issue is that it didn't come with the proper USB connection. I believe that it is part "C" in the manual. I dont recognize the smaller connection on this cable so I havent been able to ask for it anywhere that I've looked. I have the one that has the small connection that goes to a female USB connection, but the camera doesnt get recognized when I use it.
on June 5, 2014
Stunning video. Easy to use. Instructions are the best I've seen. This is a professional-grade camera with instructions written for a layman. The only problem -- you'll have to upgrade your hard drive or Cloud space, because it uses memory. Not so bad....memory is cheap!
on December 21, 2014
works great! packed well and fast shipping a++++
on March 30, 2013
The Sony unit is a little pricy. I have since spotted a JVC unit that seems to do the same functions but has the triple stack video chips to the NXCAM one chip.
on September 18, 2013
The quality is good but no has effects and if not have care install the microphone you could lose the audio of your video, Take care!!