- Brand Name: Sony
- Model Number: ICFC414
- Tuner Technology: Analog
- Power Source Type: 120V, 60Hz
- Item Height: 6.5 inches
Sony ICFC414 Clock Radio (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Stylish "floating" design
- Automatic time set
- Automatic daylight savings time adjustment
- No Power No Problem alarm system to keep the clock and the alarm operating during a power interruption with a CR2032 battery installed
- Snooze w/ Extendable Snooze : Snooze
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
It has an adjustable brightness level, but I found its default/highest level to be suitable. At that level it's bright enough to see in the dark, but not bright enough to keep me up. The alarm is easy to wake up to and gradually gets louder on the beep setting. It automatically set itself to the correct time and date as soon as I plugged it in, all I had to do is set the time zone. It has a DST feature that can be turned off or on.
The only feature lacking is the ability to customize the alarm for either weekdays, weekends or both. It's not a big deal, especially with two alarms but it would have been nice. Overall I'm very pleased with this alarm clock.
Pros: inexpensive, preset time, dst auto adjust, battery backup for power failure, easy to tune radio stations, easy to read display, brightness of display is adjustable.
Cons: Alarm "A" can be set to chime or radio, Alarm "B" can only be set to chime or an electronic tune. Both alarms cannot be set to the radio. Cannot adjust or view the alarm setpoint unless the alarm is turned on, so when you pass the current time the alarm activates. Radio sound is poor but in line with the price of the alarm clock. The snooze can increased from 10 min to 20 min to 30 min etc, but if you hit the snooze button twice while initially silencing the alarm, you go straight to the 20 min snooze.
Overall: a good alarm clock for the price but I would have paid more for a full featured clock radio had I know its limitations up front.
I would recommend this to a friend solely due to the more friendly buzzer, let alone the pleasant look and the ease of programming.
1) I can see the display! I have moderately poor vision (glasses prescription is -3.75) and if I wake up in the middle of the night I can clearly see the time with this clock at my bedside. The green light plus the large numbers are very clear.
2) The progressive alarm wakes up even my heavy-sleeping husband. The first few beeps are slow and they gradually speed up to grab the attention of the heaviest sleepers.
3) You don't have to set the time! What more can I say? You set the timezone, plug it in, and it sets the time. It even catches daylight savings.
4) If the power goes out the small battery saves your alarm settings so when the power comes back on, the clock resets itself and you still have your alarms ready to go. This has saved me from being late to work more than once after a late night power outage.
5) The display light is adjustable. I've had green/blue alarm clocks before and the display was so bright it practically light up the whole room. The dim setting is fine at night, I can see it but it's not acting like a flood light, and I can still see the display just fine during the day too on the dim setting. Though during daylight hours I do have to get a little closer to the clock to see it.
6) I love the full 10 minute snooze. I don't understand why other clocks have a 7 or 9 minute one.
7) You can turn off the alarm when it's in snooze-mode, you don't have to wait for the alarm to go off again.
1) The radio isn't great, lots of static and the speakers don't sound perfect.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Product listed as "very good" condition, but the face of the clock had numerous scratches, several of which were rather large. Still functions fine.Published 25 days ago by Anthony M. Nedwick
Not always accurate by the atomic signal. One of these the FM antenna quit on me (built into power cord).Published 1 month ago by Christopher T. Ryan
Cute clock but never could figure out how to make it work. Several "techie" friends looked at it and said the same thing.Published 2 months ago by janner323
The automatic time set is why I bought it and it doesn't workPublished 3 months ago by Cheryl Hicks