Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 29 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 31 reviews
on October 23, 2011
This thing is great! It has the basics for anyone wanting to get into video or music.

Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10: This is a powerful software. The only downside is it doesn't do masking. But their are ways around it other than that I have no other cons. Ii does green screen which is really fun and also basic timeline and filter editing.

Photo go: This is the only eh thing in this package. It is REALLY basic. My windows photo editing software that came with the computer is better. Ended up uninstalling it because I had no real use.

ACID Music Studio 8: Great for making Kareem and some music editing. Once again pretty basic but nice to have.

DVD Architect Studio: Good program . lets you make nice DVD layout. Haven't really used it so that is kind of all I can say.

Sound Forge Audio Studio 10: I haven't used this at all but it looks good.

Overall I'm happy I purchased this. I gave one to a friend of mine and he's been messing with it, learning it with me. Sony Vegas is complex so you can learn it but basic video terms should be known. I have been using tutorials online to help me get started.
on August 3, 2013
I'm not a professional sound editor or videographer, but there have been plenty of times when I needed to put together quality videos and sound files. This product has met my needs every time. As previous reviewers have mentioned, there is a slight learning curve, but it is not difficult to find simple tutorials online. My only complaint is that it is a little deceptive to say 360 exclusive music soundtracks come with this collection, because most of them are just the same song at different lengths. Still, $25 is a bargain for all these programs!
on November 21, 2011
My wife bought me Hitachi HD video camera a few years back, then appointed me family videographer. The Hitachi video editing software was fairly worthless, so I moved on to Pinnacle Studio Plus 11, which was expensive and awful. I finally settled on Nero 8, which got the job done OK. I recently switched to Windows 7, so I took a chance on the reasonably-priced Sony Imagination Studio.

As others have noted, there is a very steep learning curve with this software, and the included digital manual wasn't much help. There are some fairly expensive manuals available on Amazon, but you would think Sony would have included better documentation with such complicated, versatile software. I spent about ten hours beating my head against a wall with the Sony Vegas Movie Studio and the DVD Architect Studio before it started making sense.

Once I got things figured out, I was able to put together a very nice wedding video for my nephew and burn it on DVD in the space of a few hours. This is very capable software and the family was very impressed with the results.

The 360 royalty-free music soundtracks turned out to be pretty lame. You get multiple variations of the same generic music for weddings, etc. Might be useful someday, I guess.
on August 13, 2012
I run a webshow and also do a lot of short films and needed an editing program that had everything I needed. I have to admit I was a bit worried about Sony's Imagination Studio Suite mainly because of the price. To have all those programs on one package and for it to be $27 dollars seemed to good to be true but I was pleasantly surprised.

I use Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 for all my video editing. A lot of people say that it's not as good as Vegas Pro. Granted Pro does have some more movie editor friendly features, Movie Studio can be just as useful without them. I've edited plenty of short films with it and the effects and the nice little music scores that come with it are pretty useful. While I will admit Vegas Pro's nifty video scopes would be nice to have, I can easily work around that. The only flaw I've noticed with the editor is that it does run noticeably slower then Pro but that's easy to deal with.

DVD architect is pretty cool. It can be a little confusing, especially for those who have never dealt with DVD programs before but once you get use to it, it's pretty cool. Not quite as elaborate as the more expensive programs but again, for the price, it's really nice.

ACID Music Studio is easily the best music editor I've dealt with. It's pretty easy compared to a lot of the other programs and the many features are nice.

Sound Forge Audio Studio is the only program that I really don't like from this package. When it comes to audio recording programs, it should be simple, hit record and speak on the microphone. A lot of these audio recorders from big names like Sony, Adobe and Pinnacle tend to be a little too elaborate and have some really unnecessary features. When you finally figure out the program, it's fine but if you want a great sound recorder at no cost to you, I'd go with Audacity, it's simple and works perfertly.

Photo Go is the only program I really haven't had any time with. Since I'm mainly a video editor, I don't deal with still pictures all that much but I've dealt with it a couple times and it seems pretty good. I haven't really seen any of the features, so I can't really review those.

So overall, this package gets a 4 out of 5. It's sold at a great price and is great for those on a budget.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2017
this was a great software suite i used for sony vegas which used basic skills and easy to learn interface.
on January 7, 2012
Initially the video editing program looked confusing when compared to others that I've used in the past. Found a YouTube video that suggested a way to make it look more traditional (playback window, timelines, effects and media) and it became much less intimidating. A wealth of other helpful and inspiring material for Sony Vegas Pro 10 exist online that makes learning it fun. I have an older version of Acid Music Studio that I love and this newer version is even better. As far as the other programs in the suite go I haven't done much but install and look them over. I will say that it's hard not to be impressed with the overall value of the package. I bought a second copy for my 10 year old grandson and we're having a blast creating together. I highly recommend.
on September 25, 2013
It seems that most people are using the DVD/video edit software (which are a great set of programs) but don't forget that ACID and Sound Forge are great audio recording/mixing tools.

If you want to get into song composition and editing (or mixing loops), ACID and Sound Forge are a great place to start. They are the easiest tools around yet with surprisingly powerful features like VST and Softsynth support. Yes Pro Tools does more but it has a very steep learning curve. On the other hand ACID is so easy and intuitive you start composing and recording songs instead of reading tech manuals. Don't let the super low price fool you, you can do a ton of stuff with these tools.
on January 1, 2014
Everything activated and worked great on my son's laptop. Only negative would be that it was not "brand-new sealed" in box like the ad stated. Box was a little worn and had been opened. I installed it on his laptop and made sure it would activate before Christmas just to make sure there would be no problems. Other than the opened box (which made me a little nervous) everything was perfect.
on August 16, 2017
Helps with learning
on September 29, 2011
I use this software to edit .mov video files that I create with my camcorder.
I was a little skeptical buying this software because I was not sure it would work with .mov files, but I have not had any issues so far. For a inexpensive consumer editor, sony vegas movie studio gets the job done. If you want more editing power then you might want to get vegas pro which cost a whole lot more. the software also came with a lot of sound effects.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.