Sony Jacket Case for Cyber-shot RX100
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Modern retro Just-Fit design
- Supplied shoulder strap
- Tripod attachable jacket case
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
|Item Dimensions||6.29 x 1.96 x 5.19 inches|
|Item Weight||0.33 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||0.4 pounds|
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 4:16 Mins|
I loved the feel of quality and it looked amazing, another thing I liked was a screw that goes through the bottom of the case into the cameras tripod receptacle, this ensured the camera was completely solid and would not fall out of the case, the screw also has a tripod receptacle at the bottom so you could still mount it on top of a tripod.
The top part of the case is held together by some poppers which is easily taken off if you wish to remove it, though you can keep it on and just flip it over so it's out of the way.
As for the strap, once again amazing quality.
The only reason why it had received four stars rather than five was purely based on the current price, Sony have it available at an eye-watering price and whilst I will be purchasing this case for my RX100 due to the fact it provides a perfect fit and is of great quality, I will be grinding my teeth whilst doing so.
Though as mentioned before, it is very high quality, so if you want one that is perfect for the RX100, then you will need to fork out that extra cash to get your hands on this premium case.
[EDIT - July 2013]
I have now tried this with the RX100M2 and can safely say it fits in perfectly, though when it comes to moving the screen it just catches the sides of the case, to get around this it's best to extend the screen out before inserting the camera into the case, though only do this when the camera is in use.Read more ›
- The fit is much better on the Sony case. The MegaGear top cover feels like it was created for a camera that was about a half inch taller than the RX100. The Sony case feels just right.
- The material quality is better on the Sony. The MegaGear uses some plasticky leather imitation, The strap in particular feels much nicer to the touch on the Sony. It is a lot more comfortable if you are wearing this case on your neck, in particular because the Sony has a velvet-like lining and the MegaGear has a harsher plastic/leather imitation material.
- But the deal breaker for me is that the bottom part of the MegaGear case blocks the usb port, so you have to unscrew the case every time you want to charge or transfer your photos via USB. The Sony you can charge the battery without removing the case.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
perfect fit, provides protection in almost any environment.Published 8 months ago by D. H. Mitchell Jr.
Could not imagine having my RX100 without it. This allows me to carry it safely everywhere I need it, and have my hands free. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Mercy Mars
If you have a Sony DSC-RX100 camera then you might as well buy a great jacket case for it. This particular one fits that bill. It is expensive, but it's a good quality product. Read morePublished 19 months ago by JS
Great for traveling. You can snap off most of the cover if the conditions aren't too bad. The entire case can come off if you unscrew the attachment screw.Published 21 months ago by Seth Green
This works very well to hold my camera - I've used it for the past two years without any signs of wear. It has prevented my camera from being damaged multiple times. Read morePublished on July 8, 2014 by dramenof
Easy to carry and easy access for quick shots. Great protection for the Sony RX100. Let's carry and quickly remove the protective cover for quick shots.Published on May 31, 2014 by J.B.
Fits the RX100 well, and looks great. This case also protects the camera well; you can stow the camera away in a bag or backpack without worries if protected by this case.Published on April 24, 2014 by Distant Planet