Spring Deals Automotive HPC Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on July 17, 2012
 I managed to try this case out with an RX100 before the release at a Sony product event.

I loved the feel of quality and it looked amazing, another thing I liked was a screw that goes through the bottom of the case into the cameras tripod receptacle, this ensured the camera was completely solid and would not fall out of the case, the screw also has a tripod receptacle at the bottom so you could still mount it on top of a tripod.

The top part of the case is held together by some poppers which is easily taken off if you wish to remove it, though you can keep it on and just flip it over so it's out of the way.

As for the strap, once again amazing quality.

The only reason why it had received four stars rather than five was purely based on the current price, Sony have it available at an eye-watering price and whilst I will be purchasing this case for my RX100 due to the fact it provides a perfect fit and is of great quality, I will be grinding my teeth whilst doing so.

Though as mentioned before, it is very high quality, so if you want one that is perfect for the RX100, then you will need to fork out that extra cash to get your hands on this premium case.

[EDIT - July 2013]

I have now tried this with the RX100M2 and can safely say it fits in perfectly, though when it comes to moving the screen it just catches the sides of the case, to get around this it's best to extend the screen out before inserting the camera into the case, though only do this when the camera is in use.

[EDIT - AUGUST 2013]

People who own the RX100M2 may want to purchase the LCJ-RXC camera case, it is available at a higher cost, however is designed for this newer model.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
1818 comments| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 25, 2013
I really the upscale, tailored fit. Didn't bother with the neck strap as I prefer a simpler wrist strip (in keeping with the small size of the camera). Not cheap, but worth it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 15, 2013
I debated between the cheaper third party case and this one also, but chose this case because it fits closer to the camera, is less bulky, does not block the USB port, and yes, because it has the Sony logo. All my cameras are made by Sony and it's nice to have the OEM accessories. It is too expensive (though the Amazon price is not as bad), it's not leather (it would probably be bulkier and stiffer if it were), but the styling is beautiful, I've gotten a lot of compliments on how retro and cool it looks. The case is slim enough to slip into the front pocket of a normal (Stone Mountain) purse, so I can have it ready to take photos quickly. You can undo just one of the snaps if you're in a hurry, and then easily close it back up. The Sony DSC-RX100 20.2 MP Exmor CMOS Sensor Digital Camera with 3.6x Zoom itself does not have good grips on it, it's very smooth and a little slippery and has a huge LCD screen taking up most of the back of the camera, so I feel much safer when this is attached. My only complaint about the case is lack of access for the battery and memory card compartment, but otherwise it's excellent. It is easy to get on and off, and attaches very securely to the camera through the tripod mounting hole while leaving you another mounting hole on the bottom of the case (thank you Sony). The case came with a neck strap, but I wanted to use a wrist strap so I got Rainbowimaging Black Leather Wrist Strap for Leica Panasonic Fujifilm Olympus Nikon Canon Pentax Epson Samsung cameras (Rangerfinder, Mirrorless Camera and DC), which is braided black leather with a thick fabric rope loop to attach it and it seems to be very strong. I did not want a flimsy traditional string loop strap strap with a camera this heavy and expensive, or a bulky neoprene wrist strap. I wanted the camera to fit in my purse pocket in the case and still look nice. This fits perfect through the metal case loops, looks proportional to the camera, easily slips into my purse with no added bulk, feels very safe and looks very sharp with the case.
on October 20, 2012
I probably would not have ponied up 70 or 80 bucks for this case, but I was lucky and caught it as part of a recent Sony promotion that offered it free with the camera. For once, luck was with me. Anyway, I took the camera and case on a 2 week adventure overseas where the camera case persuaded me of its worth.

First, let's admit the case costs a lot of loot at list price. But the RX-100 is a very pricey instrument too. So I found that the security of the form fitting padded case really mattered to me as I was shoving this $650 dollar gadget into my carry on and hoping that the next passenger on the plane wasn't going to smash or drop my bags as they were stuffing the overheads with their stuff.

I'm used to a neck strap, as I wouldn't hold my SLR without one. So I was a lot more comfortable leaning over railings and just hiking around tourist sites with the camera.

If you just want to review pictures, the back opens leaving the lens area protected and you can scroll through the day's treasure. If you pop the other snap instead, all important surfaces of the camera are exposed to allow free operation for shooting. There are small access ports on either side that accomodate the wrist straps and allow access to the charging/download port without removing the case. The fixation screw is solid and certain. I like the ability to put it on the tripod without removing the case.

If I hadn't read it in another review, I'd never have suspected the case wasn't leather. I still think it might be.
The screen cover panel of the case has extra padding sewn in to give extra protection to the screen from shattering, and the lining is extremely soft.

Overall the design of this case is superb. It has been carefully thought out, and it met needs as a user that I had not anticipated myself.

So yes I'm one of the lucky and annoying guys that scooped a free case with the camera.
And yes I would probably have been too cheap to buy it at full price.
But now that I've had it, I know it is exactly the right case for the camera and it really protects my big investment.
on April 12, 2014
This case is nice but it is very expensive. It has also interfered with some of the accessories if have bought. If you are an old school film photographer, then buy it (I am). If you are worried about the slickness of the camera, check online and look at some of the textured stickers they sell in Japan. They look like old school film cameras and have some grip. Again this is a nice case. I bought an accessory to put a lens cap on the camera, and the use of this case made the cap and adhesive bayonet mount fall off. Cost me nearly $100.00.

If you want a nice case and don't mind the cost, it is great.
on January 5, 2013
I like a bargain so I tried the generic case first - too loose, cover in the way when trying to shoot, strap cheap.

The Sony case fits like a glove - as it should. The connector to the camera is small as are the snaps. The cover falls out of the way when opened.

But to me the best feature of the case is the strap. It is LONG!! am tall (and big) and I am able to put the strap over my should with plenty of slack to pull the camera up for shooting without having it just around my neck. This important as the "neck dangle" is an accident waiting to happen for a klutz like me. Also keeps the weight of the camera off the back of my neck. It is lined with soft material and sewn nicely so no sharp edge to dig in your flesh. When not shooting the camera stays close to my body with a barely-there feel.

I'm a happy snapper!!
It does what's supposed to. You can open the camera very fast. It looks beautiful on it. The only issue I see here is that if you placê a mini tripod on the screw, it becomes very hard to take it of. Besides that I loved it.
on August 7, 2013
I bought my Sony RX100 for a vacation and wasffled on which case to buy for it. The camera store gave me a free case, that zipped and was padded. Only problem is that it was ugly. I also saw that there were knock-offs on this case, but decided that since I spent $700+ on the camera, another $75 on the case wasn't too ridiculous.

If you haven't figured it out from my title, I bought this case because it's cute. I liked that it had a neck strap and while on vacation, I often carried it around my neck when I didn't have it in my backpack. It fits the camera, but it's not a waterproof carrier and it also doesn't come with much padding. And yes, as others have noted, when you want to take a picture, you have to unsnap the case and so you won't be catching that immediate shot. But I don't know any case that will let you catch that perfect spur-of-the-moment shot. And as a vacationing photographer, I knew when I wanted to take pictures and would get my camera out while I told my fellow vacationers that I wanted to take a picture.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 1, 2012
Going out, this case is a must-have since it makes the camera immediately accessible by your side. More practical than putting a shoulder strap directly on the RX-100 body itself because this case offers protection in case the camera swings into something solid as you're wearing it.

I like that it's made of polyurethane and not leather. Polyurethane is a durable material and in this day and age, reduces the need to use animal hide. I think it feels and looks nice as is.

Now, if you're using this with a tripod, keep in mind that if you screw it on too tightly, you'll probably unscrew the camera from the case before you manage to unscrew the case from the tripod. Thus, to keep the friction between the case's mount and the tripod's rubber pad low enough to release when unscrewed, place a washer inbetween the tripod and the case. Still provides solid stability, and makes it a hell of a lot easier to unscrew when time to remove!

I'm giving this 4 stars because while it's a great case and makes the RX-100 a bit easier to hold, visually it's not 100% form-fitting. The front side of the bottom half of the case doesn't round the edges as closely as I'd like. Doesn't functionally affect the camera or usage at all, though.
on July 19, 2012
Simply, I can say. this is must be with RX100. there is no other option. very convenient, high quality leather feel, and open space for usb charge or file transfer. Yep. I agree with other reviewer's review. Price should be adjusted but quality is very satisfied.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.