Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 58 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 86 reviews
on April 23, 2014
I purchased this TV a few months ago for around $1,200, the delivery was fast and secure and the TV was a breeze to set up (like any other modern TV really, I mean... it's not the 80s anymore). I use it primarily for gaming, movies, and streaming services, and it delivers very well on all fronts for the price. The picture quality is highly adjustable, the speakers, for a flat screen of it's size, are very impressive, but as always you'll want something with more oompa.

The color ranges aren't top of the line, but remember, this is a name brand 55 inch 3D smart TV for just a shot over 1K, so if you're that picky about how "true" your cyan is than this probably won't be for you, just spend the extra money. The 3D effect is on point, very crisp, I saw very few ghosts and the like and it seemed on par with most other high end 3D capable sets I've seen, and it's passive, so you'll save money on pain relievers to make those active bred headaches melt away.

The sound again is impressive for a set this thin. It's got some bass to it and decent depth, but it's a flat screen all the same, if you have speakers, use em.

As far as gaming performance this thing has no discernible input lag, even compared to my old CRT. I'm serious. Really. I've been playing Titanfall on it for the Xbox One and have had zero issues with the gaming mode on, it's smooth as butter and crisp as a piano key. If you're a gamer looking for a mid range set, this is your pony.

The smart features are good. Not horribly intuitive, but they don't really have to be. It has a dedicated Netflix button, that's all 70% of us need to see. The other apps are accessible in a few ways, if you've waded through a windows folder full of pictures you'll feel right at home.

The remote isn't anything to write home about, but I don't really use it anymore, I use my Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx Super Crazy Verizon Mortgage Payment Phone as a remote and the integration is very nice, the app loads quickly and connects fairly fast, and of course has more features than a European capital city.

All in all, I'd give it a 4.75, but we'll just round it up. For the price, especially if gaming is your bag and you enjoy occasionally watching an Australian hunter get eaten by a velociraptor face first in eye popping 3D (clever girl), you certainly will have a friend in this TV.

Oh, and the stand is pretty.
on August 19, 2014
I purchased this TV as I was looking to upgrade from my old 40" Toshiba LCD. That TV had burned pixels within 6 months. This Sony is still going strong months later and has absolutely beautiful picture (I'm using it now). The one feature I like is that you can turn the screen off while having audio still playing. I have not used this for 3D, but for gaming it is about as good as it gets. HD quality is superb. My only regret was not waiting a couple months longer and buying a 60+ inch version. Either way, you can't go wrong with Sony. NO issues to date.
on February 4, 2014
Excellent quality, and sturdy. The Sony KDL-55W802A has an excellent picture. It is obvious the TV was designed for high definition. I initially has some distortion when I turned on the TV. Once the satellite company installed the HD service the picture was perfect. Recommend with HD service for best performance.
on March 18, 2014
I must admit I am very pleasantly surprised. Picture is excellent, its easy to move around the different functions. It looks rich and well made. The only thing missing and this is industry wide, and that's a keyboard. If you're going to give someone access to the internet then we need a keyboard.

I would have to add the only "CON" which is a pretty BIG one. You can only steam videos from the few apps that are available. You can't just go to a web site and steam from the site, it has to be from one of the apps they offer, and the apps list is pretty slim.

If you have a smart phone or tablet with a HDMI connection you can play thru either of them. But once again you have to connect and have cables which is one of the things I was hoping to get away from.

I bought the same size TV made by a different brand "Samsung" and I can stream and watch whatever I want from any site I choose.

Most sales people don't seem to be very knowledgeable about these products, so you have to do much if not all the research on your own.
on April 23, 2014
Received T.V in good condition,but was disappointed in it's performance.The T.V.has a blurring effect when adjusted with increased contrast and picture controls.Sport picture mode is not useable because of the blurring effect when sharpness is adjusted for a clear picture.I would return this T.V. for a upgraded model,but unfortunately the item is not returnable from this merchant.
on February 8, 2015
Outstanding picture. HD is dynamic. More & more the sound leaves a bit to be desired, with the newer TVs, so I added a Sony sound bar. If, like me, you don't have room for a whole speaker system, my Sony sound bar completed an outstanding set. Very happy.
on March 22, 2014
As a general use TV, I really enjoy this model.

Once you make some adjustments, the picture is great. When I installed it as part of the setup the updates were automatically downloaded and installed.

The 3D is nice, but not as "spectacular" as the models with active 3D (the battery powered glasses). However, I view 3D as a bit of a lark really, and something I will use rarely.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2017
Tv still looks good, a really good buy but soon it's time to get a new tv in 4K
on December 30, 2015
not worth it. the smart portion of the TV doesn't work well at all. for example sometimes Netflix will start loading then just stop and the TV goes back to the cable feed. Sony has been very unhelpful.

Picture is good though
on October 6, 2014
We love this tv!! Being able to watch 3d movies with my kids has really made a difference in our family when it comes to movie night!!, this tv has all the bells and whistles I wish we would have found it sooner! :-)

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.