Amazon Business World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 144 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 157 reviews
on February 15, 2014
I have been looking for a case for this camera for some time now and I ended up just getting the OEM Sony jacket case. The quality is good and fits the body and wraps it will and feels secure. usually when I carry the camera around I take the top portion off and just keep the both one on so that when I place it down on surfaces the bottom doesn't get scuffed up. It bottom portion doesn't add much weight or size to the camera but for me it does add a little bit more grip and feels more secure in the fact that I feel like it won't slip out of my hands.

The bottom portion of the case does block off the battery and SD card slots but its not big deal. All you need to do is unscrew the bottom mount and the bottom portion of the case is off.

The top part is hardly put on bc it takes time to take it off and sometimes that causes me to miss shots. The top portion has two snap on buttons that firmly keep the case attached to the bottom completing a very firm surrounding on the whole camera. Material is also very good.

The strap is on the thinner side and it gets the job done but nothing amazing just a strap.

Regards if you want just the bottom portion on it will protect it well and give it grip. If you want both top and bottom on its just extra protection and gets the job done well. The case just accompanies the camera well. Hope this helps!
on April 22, 2014
This case is nice. It is a perfect fit for my Sony DSC-RX100M II Cyber-shot Digital Still Camera. The material appears to be high quality and is definitely classy looking. The straps make carrying the camera very convenient and gives me the added protection in case the camera slips out of my hand. I love not having to worry about my lens, screen, or camera body getting nicked or scratched because this case protects every part of the camera. Half of the case screws into the bottom of the camera and the other half snaps into the first half.

The only drawback I have found with this case is that there is no on board storage. It would be nice to have a tiny pocket for an extra memory card or battery. There is absolutely no room for anything other than the camera in this case.

I would definitely recommend this case for anyone that has a Sony DSC-RX100M II Cyber-shot Digital Still Camera. It fits like a glove...a very strong glove.
on May 29, 2014
Pros:
- Excellent fit
- Can still use the screen tilt
- High quality
- Can access USB/HDMI ports while cover is on, although can be hard to plug something in while it is on. I plug the needed cable in first and then put on the top cover.
- Can still attach tripod mount with bottom cover still on.
- Improves grip on camera

Cons:
- Strap is cheap, get a better one
- Does add bulk making it harder to fit into pocket (expected)
- No room for spare battery or SD Card (expected)
- While less than a shell type case, there is no belt loop so when you take off the top cover you have to put it somewhere.
- The bottom cover does not provide an even base for the camera to sit on (even when top is snapped on) which means you'll have to lay it down. This is also a pain when taking pictures and you want to set the camera on an object for more stability and can't because of the bottom of the case.

I would give it 5 stars if they had made it so the base was even and the camera could sit up by itself.

Overall glad I got it and would do so again. May rig a base for it that I can attach or get a mini tripod that is very portable.
on January 10, 2014
The only way this would look more vintage is if it was brown and not black. I think this case is made as good as any case can be made. Just the right fit for the camera. The bottom part screws into the camera which allows the top part flip down or you can unsnap the top from the rest. Therefore, when you want to change batteries or memory card, you have to unscrew the bottom part from the camera and remove it to access that area of the camera. The entire functionality of the camera can be used by leaving the bottom part on the camera, which is wonderful. I love it and hope this camera will be my companion for many years, and if I ever change cameras, I will be so spoiled by this wonderful case that fits this camera!!
on January 6, 2014
I'd been back and forth for a while about getting a case for my RX100, but this was the only one I seriously considered, and I'm glad I finally bought it before embarking on a long vacation. It's really cute and retro-y, and provided ample cushioning. My biggest concern when moving with this camera is that the power button is very to press accidentally, especially if the camera is stored in a (here comes the shame) sock. So this flexible hard case was perfect for preventing the lens from opening up and possibly breaking, if it was stored in a bag or a pocket or another tight space.
Wish I'd purchased it earlier, as my camera is a little scuffed from storing in my purse near my keys (I'm a terrible person, I know. Who does this to a beautiful, pricey camera??)
on January 23, 2014
This case fits the camera perfectly and does protect the camera very well. It is well made and gives the camera a good look. But it will not fit the camera if you choose to attach Sonys finger grip, which I have since found is almost necessary (at least for my older hands) to keep a better grip on the cameras otherwise very smooth flat surfaces.

Otherwise this Sony leather case comes highly recommended. Because you can shoot with this case on and it does give you something to grip. I think the bottom half of this case when attached to the camera really looks nice.
on October 10, 2013
As stated in my review of the MegaGear case, I bought that one first, wanted a tighter fitting case, then bought this one...after overcoming cost misgivings. This one does fit nicely (perfectly)--as well it should; and is a good quality case from a build and appearance standpoint--but for the price, REAL, rather than a man-made approximation of, leather would have been the right thing for Sony to do. Another pro in this case's favor is the fact that, unlike the MG case, the Sony case exposes the USB port allowing you to recharge and transfer pictures without removing the bottom part of the case first.
33 comments| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 7, 2013
This case is a must have to protect this rather expensive camera.
The case fits snugly to the camera so does not add too much additional bulk.
The bottom of the case screws into the camera so it is securely attached.
The top part of the case attaches to the bottom with two snaps, allowing it either to dangle or come completely off.
It comes with a shoulder strap which I have not used. My preference was to put the camera in my pocket when it was not being used.
The case in my opinion is attractive and well made.
on June 3, 2014
If you have the optional sony grip on your RX100 then THIS CASE WILL NOT FIT. I thought I might be able to wedge it in, but this case is snug enough that it will never happen. I took the grip off, the bottom portion of this case provides plenty of grip when you remove the top to use the camera.

Also, you can attach a trip to the camera without taking this cover off. The threaded nut that screws into the camera from the case also has a threaded hole to accept a tripod screw.
on May 22, 2014
I first bought a version of this case from another vendor for $25. Although the description of the cheaper case made it seem the same as this camera case, the cheaper version was no good. It wasn't leather, the snaps stuck and soon broke, and it was bulky. This case, on the other hand, is nice leather, sleek and a perfect fit for the camera. I am so glad to have ended up with this case for what is a fine camera.