Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 310 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 325 reviews
on January 12, 2013
This is the perfect size for my Sony HDR-CX200 High Definition Handycam 5.3 MP Camcorder with 25x Optical Zoom (2012 Model) It would work for any very small camcorder. I wanted a small compact case so I could carry and protect JUST the camera - not the charger, manuals, etc., which I leave at home nearly all of the time.

The extra front pocket can store and protect very small items like memory cards and maybe a spare battery if it is small enough.

I've had this for about 9 months now - great for what I use it for.
on April 22, 2016
I'm using this with my Sony CX405 camcorder, and it fits well; I have a spare battery and second microSD card, the USB cord and the wall wart in there; with all that it's very snug but do-able. Leave the wall wart and the USB cord in your luggage and it fits perfectly. The padding is not military grade but it's adequate - it'll protect the camera from abrasions and sharp corners while in my backpack or on my hip, and it'll prevent damage if I drop it from a moderate height - less than 5 feet, I'd estimate.

The case is well made, no loose threads, and it's built out of good quality tough cordura nylon with piping at the seams. The padding feels like 1/4" closed-cell polyethylene foam; that's good because it's very strong padding with less thickness, and resists penetration well; it's not as good for delicate mechanicals like apertures and optical image stabilization because it transmits more shock to the contents than softer foams. The inside is lined with nylon cloth, not the softest I've come across but tough. The zippers are well made and easy to operate. The shoulder strap is nylon webbing, about 1/2 inch wide; there's no shoulder padding. It's long enough that no normal human will find it too short. It's attachment to the case is quite strong and seems appropriate for the size of the case. The strap, unfortunately, cannot be removed without cutting it off.
on May 30, 2013
I recently brought this bag to carry my camcorder in and some accessories. I read the reviews before buying this case but for the price I couldn't go wrong. The camcorder fits into the case well but there is some wiggle room maybe about an 1" to an 1-1/2".
I had brought the following accessories, that I would need to carry around with the camcorder;
- Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Sony NP-FV30, NP-FV40
- Transcend 32 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card (TS32GSDHC10E).
I wasn't really sure if all of them were going to fit in the case with the camcorder. Nevertheless with some rearranging it all fit.
I was able to fit the camcorder with the battery already on it in the main pocket, with an additional battery in that same pocket.
The front small pocket I was able to fit a case with the SD card and the 2nd spare battery.The front pocket is smaller than it looks and it took some muscle to fit the battery in there. Once in there it sits fine and doesn't bother.
This case seems to be sturdy enough to protect the camcorder if it were to get bumped up against something.
My only complaint and it really isn't much of a complaint is that it could have 1 or 2 more storage compartments some how incorporated into it.
on July 25, 2016
This is a nice case that would work well if the camera were in original condition.

I have the extended battery for longer use time. That batter is physically larger and sticks off the back further. The camera does not fit in the case with the extended life battery.

It would otherwise be a nice and compact bag, I will be returning this as it doesn't work for how I use the camcorder.
on October 14, 2013
I got this as a cheap, small bag for my Sony CX220 camcorder. I only use the camcorder for Youtube stuff and a lot of that footage is collected while hiking/backpacking/camping. I wanted something cheap, light and space-saving. This is it.

It fits my tiny CX220 and 2 extra batteries (vertical) in the main area. The size zipper is really only good for memory cards or a small cable. It won't zip even with the dinky CX battery inside. The strap is very generous. It's super minimalistic and that's what I needed.

If you need something that will hold more than your camcorder and a battery (think, extra cards, charger, cables, filters, anything like that), I'd highly recommend looking elsewhere.
on February 20, 2015
This is a genuine Sony carrying case that is small, stylish, and well-made. The case can be worn around your neck, shoulders, or fastened around your belt loop(or just placed inside a larger bag). There are two compartments which consist of the main compartment for a point and shoot type camera or a very small camcorder and a tiny front compartment for memory cards or a small battery.

I've got a Canon Elph 110 point & shoot that fits very nicely into this pouch. Along with the Canon I am also able to fit in a couple or more spare batteries since those are very slim. I've also got a Panasonic HC-V 250 camcorder that can fit well in this case but can only accommodate one small size spare battery.

My one gripe is that the strap is not detachable. When worn around the waist attached to the belt loop, the strap is a bit cumbersome and can get in the way. Other than that this is a good quality carrying case that is reasonably priced(under ten bucks as of this review) and is good for protecting small or mini sized cameras/camcorders(along with an accessory or two) from dust and scratches.
on December 22, 2016
decent quality but not well though out in terms of design. for actual use.
- not enough length to hold camcorder (sony cx675) with extended battery.
- sling/strap is not removable. I wanted to put this in my car glove compartment and the strap gets in the way
- accessory pouch is practically useless as it is so small. Yes you can carry a sd card int it but that pouch could have just as well be on the underside of the top flap. can't even fit an extra battery there

I was looking for a small bag that can carry the camera and an extra battery. this failed on both
on August 25, 2012
The case is well made and compact. The camera along with the larger NV-FP70 battery fit perfectly. It has both a permanently attached shoulder strap and velcro belt loop. A front zippered accessory compartment is sized effeciently to hold a spare battery or maybe the HDMI cable/USB cable, but not both. I personally would have prefered a slightly larger accessory compartment. If you wish to use the velcro belt loop, the permanently attached shoulder strap interferes with its operation and must be bundled to the side.
on October 31, 2014
I use this case as a holster so I can keep my Handycam with me through the day as I work with foster dogs. The belt loop on the back proves useful for this application. The shoulder strap is non-removable (I knew that from the description and comments: not a surprise) and I am hesitant to cut it off, so I just tuck it in my pants. The case is a little bulkier than I'd hoped, but it does protect the camera from bumps as I move around.

The pocket on the front has a holder for an extra memory card and room for a USB extension cable or the HDMI video out cable. There is no room for even the FV30 battery. With an FV70 battery mounted to the camera it *just* fits into the case. But it fits.

The fabric separated from the zipper along the front of mine during the second day of use. The tear is about an inch and a quarter long. That's disappointing. But otherwise I'm content with this case.
on March 13, 2017
Fits my camera perfectly and keeps it safe. Fits tight and the pockets are small, but you don't need a lot of accessories for this camera so it is pretty perfect!