Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Color: PINK|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 11-20 of 544 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 606 reviews
on January 11, 2015
Good - cute headphones for a girl.
Easy to use and store.
Price is good, which helps with easy replacement.

Bad -
1) Sound quality is so-so. Not very good. And these days it is not hard to make this size of headphones sounding better without a huge price tag. Technology is there, but I think it is a greed and a wrong impression that child doesn't know good quality sound. Wrong.

2) They leak sound pretty bad. If your car is quite inside, you will hear your child's cartoon or app while it is not that loud in the headphones. One reason why I buy headphones for my child is because I don't want to hear what is playing on them at all.
Not the case with these ones.

Therefore - 3 stars.
on February 20, 2016
After buying others that broke down after 4 uses, I decided these were a better pick. The covering of the headphones cone apart after a while, maybe 6 months, and I haven't figure out if I can buy them apart. And the kids tend to play with the cords, which it is something I try to avoid, but the wireless experience was too complicated, kids tend to touch the buttons and lose connection, so spend all the time going back to that center to scan and get signal again. Overall, even if a bit too expensive for the classroom, I would buy these again
on October 25, 2016
I couldn't find any headphones for a decent price at Target or Walmart so I ordered through Amazon (for my 5 and 7 year old). Good quality, sturdy, and fits great.
on July 15, 2016
The headsets worked quite well, but two issues have surfaced. The foam ear covers are deteriorating and one has come off. Cannot be glued back on. The second is the noise level. These are very loud and almost certainly exceed the OSHA limit for continuous noise for an 8 hour period, which is about 85db.
Please be careful when giving these to youngsters and don't assume they will protect precious hearing when the music's volume control knob and adult supervision are ignored.
on September 30, 2016
I bought these for my son for a road trip - but he doesn't really care for them. I should have listened to the reviews when they said they didn't get too loud. They are also a bit flimsy for my son so I am uncertain how long they will actually last. My son is 8 and does okay with toys - but they son't seem too tough or durable. They did work for the road trip so we didn't have to listen to his game music for 4 hours so that was something.
I bought these for my 3.5 year-old daughter, so she could enjoy using an iPad without driving the public insane.

Although fit was obviously important, what's especially important to look out for is volume-limited / high impedance speakers to prevent hearing damage in developing ears. These headphones keep the volume low by design, though you still need to check and make sure that they're at a reasonable level for young children.

Sony lists this product as being appropriate for children 8 and older, but keep in mind that there's a cord that can easily wrap around a small child's neck, as well as the previously mentioned volume concerns. The cord is thoughtfully designed as a single line, rather than one that splits to each speaker. With proper supervision, these could certainly be used by smaller kids.

The sound quality is... well... the term "you get what you pay for" comes to mind. My guess is that the average kid isn't clamoring for audiophile-quality sound. However, the sound is pretty clean for the price.

And the construction? Again, these aren't anything approaching "indestructible". They're cheap headphones that will fit a little head, and won't do much at full volume. The upside is that when they're inevitably broken, they're cheap to replace. The earpieces are very airy, which I consider to be a huge plus, so that kids aren't isolated from their surroundings.

When my daughter snaps them in two, I'll almost certainly replace them with the same model.
on April 29, 2017
Literally have had these 3 + years (not often use) and still work great for my young girls!
on June 25, 2013
I have about six of these. I have one for each grandchild. Great for keeping down the noise when it is quiet time for grandma. I have colored the logo with finger nail polish, so each child knows which one is theirs. So when we have Kindles, portable DVD players and the laptops going at the same time, I keep my sanity. I love that they are designed with volume control so that the kids can hear without damaging their ears even if they turn the volume all the way up. Great purchase.
on September 29, 2015
I bought these headphones to replace a pair that my daughter got last Christmas which had stopped working because she had abused the cord to the point that only one or the other earpiece worked at one time.

She likes these headphones much better. The sound quality is very good. They are much lighter than her old headphones and fit her head much better. She's also very fond of the color. It remains to be seen how well the cord will hold up to the abuse a kid can dish out. I will try to update my review if and when the cord gives out.
on January 15, 2015
we bought it for my 18 month th old to use it on the plane. Her head is in 80th percentile and a little bit lose on her. But not Terrible. It is manageable and actually a little louder than kidjamz headphones that we bought for my 4 yr old. The kidjamz head phones are great but theyare less audible in theairplane with the noise. These were of good sound in the airplane. The kidnamz headphones work well in a quiet place as their upper sound limit is a little low.