Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Sony MDR-NC300D Headphones (Old Version)" and save 45% off the $299.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Sony MDR-NC300D Headphones (Old Version)
- Comfortable Vertical-In-The-Ear Style Earbuds
- Up To 98.4% Noise Reduction
- Digital Processing Realizes More Effective Noise
- Cancellation With Superb Sound Quality
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||aSavings||Lots Deals 4 U||Rally Bargains Inc||Amazon.com||COWIN|
|Headphone Fit||In-Ear||Intraaural||In-Ear||In-Ear||In-Ear||In-Ear Headphone, noise cancelling earbuds, Microphone, Bluetooth earbuds, Wireless headphones|
|Item Dimensions||8.1 x 4.7 x 2.9 in||4 x 8 x 2.25 in||2.2 x 4.19 x 8.2 in||1.5 x 8 x 5.25 in||1.5 x 2.63 x 6.75 in||3.2 x 4.3 x 2.3 in|
|Additional Features||lightweight||universal-phone-control||lightweight||ios-phone-control, lightweight, tangle-free-cord||android-phone-control||Noise Cancellation, Microphone|
Comfortable Vertical-In-The-Ear Style Earbuds; Up To 98.4% Noise Reduction; Digital Processing Realizes More Effective Noise;Cancellation With Superb Sound Quality; Artificial Intelligence (Ai) Noise Cancelingautomatically Selects Optimal Noise Cancellation Mode Based On Environment (Plane, Bus/Train, Office); Superb Sound Quality With Digital Sound Enhancer (16mm Drivers); Selectable Sound Modemovie/Bass/Normal; Convenient Volume Control & Monitor Button On Controller; 1 Aa Battery Provides 20 Hours Of Use; Includes 7 Sizes Of Earbuds, Carrying Case, In-Flight Plug Adapter, 1.2-M Neck-Chain Style Cord With Controller, .6-M Extension Cord, Cord Adjuster & 1 Aa Battery; Black.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
But the praises have to end there...
The sound quality is poor for the price of these headphones. The treble / highs are crunchy sounding, not clean and pure. The mids are muddled and the lows are just not smooth. No amount of playing with equalizers on the mp3 player or computer has helped. My sennheiser headphones, while not having the same level of noise canceling, blew these away in overall clarity. I had hoped after a month of usage that they would break in some, and while they have a little, they are nowhere near where my price set expectations were for these.
Battery life is poor to in comparison as well...I change the battery every other flight, versus multiple flights with the sennheisers.
Unfortunately i'm still in the market for a good pair of noise canceling headphones or earbuds after being $195 down in cash.
I could care less for the processing box hanging from my side. That's what pockets and backpacks are for. It comes with a nice, detachable clip that can be placed on the box anyway. I also am used to the off-center cord split; I've been buying Sony buds for a long time.
I like how durable the buds seemed. They seemed like they would last about 2 or 3 years/far beyond what normal earbuds would last.
I loved the "Monitor" and "NC Optimize" features. Very useful to hear someone talking to you and calibrate the noise blocking level, respectively.
However, there are two problems that caused me to return this item for a refund.
1. The sound quality is not up-to-par. These are usually $400 earbuds (I paid $183), but the sound quality just was not that great compared to other Sony earbuds I've had. The bass is a 3 out of 5 while the mids and highs are difficult to distinguish at times with soft music on "Normal", no special sound setting on. The "Bass" setting makes the sound uneven with the bass drowning out the mids and highs (The bass wasn't even STRONG enough!), while the "Movie" setting boasted the mids and drowned out the bass and highs. The "Movie" setting, however, makes a lot of harsh videos and music very easy to listen to.
2. The "thumping" sound a lot of people describe experiencing with Sony's Digital Noise-Canceling Technology in any form factor I have figured out is due to static discharge when you move around on the couch, chair, or whatever you're sitting on. The NC300D's are extraordinarily sensitive to static. This is what causes the thumping noise. I'm sure the same could be said for their full-size cans and their X-Series Walkman players with the Digital NC tech... You have to sit still or lay back while listening to avoid the thumping, which is not a realistic expectation for a human being designed to move around, even while resting.
So, in conclusion, these buds are great for blocking out the air-conditioner compressor running next to your office window, sitting in the school or public library, idling in a parked car, the daily train or subway commute, or even in an airplane flight. Just don't expect to be listening to excellent sound from whatever source you choose, plus the occasional thumping from moving your body around on your seat. I guarantee it's not the cord noise that's the source of the thumping.
The sound quality from music if fairly good, and it has a nice bass. Besides it has a button that allows to select a compensation for the type of environment noise and for the type of music you want to hear. The compensation is fairly mild but better than without.
Fitting in the ear: it comes with 3 adaptors, and one of them fitted Ok, not great but it did work.
Noise suppression: I own over the ear devices and I use sometimes earplugs. Compared to over the ear devices I would say that helps half of what an earplug helps to stop noise. Compare to over the ear, it helps a bit less, maybe 80% of what an over the ear does.
Battery life: It is one of the lowest compared with over the ear devices and other in the ear earphones. It may last for around 4 hours or less of continuous use, but the bad part is that once the battery is gone you can NOT use them to listen ... it shuts off the sound transmission.
Packaging and handling of the device: It is fairly cumbersome, the cord that connects to the sound source is too short (design issue) so they include an extra "connector" to help. Then the box where this device can be kept for transportation is of no use. It looks like it wouldn't have been made for this device, it very hard to figure out how one could fit it in. I managed to adapt the box by cutting some internal walls off. Not a good design whatsoever.
Overall, I wouldn't buy it again not for a third of the price.