3 Year Portable Electronic Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
Sony MDR V55
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
|Model Name||Sony DJ Style Headphones|
|Headphones Form Factor||Over Ear|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Darnit! I should have done research. The box they were delivered in seemed small, which made me nervous. And sure enough - they were smaller than expected. Felt cheaper in my hand, lightweight and flimsy. Did not have a 1/4" adapter that I've grown accustomed to with my various Sony studio headphones. And yes, smaller than my V700s (10mm smaller driver to be exact, not as thick either), the diameter of the headband is larger, but not as thick as the V700s.
They DO look pretty hot. And 1st play surprised the heck out of me. These sound goooood! Of course, I had low expectations and though they still don't have the crispness of the V700s, but much, much, much better than what I was expecting. My roommate from 3m away said he could hear the sound leak when I hit about 60% volume on my MacBook Pro (with the TV off, playing some top 40 through spotify (spotify volume at 100%)), which is honestly louder than I would have it playing in a normal situation (usually around 50%). Fairly comfortable, but with their smaller size, I find myself constantly repositioning them on my ears.
I've only been using them for a couple hours so far, but my thoughts are: these are NOT a replacement for studio headphones, but work if you need something in a pinch that uses a standard mini-stereo headphone plug, or just need something to listen to music on your laptop, phone, etc. They actually would be great for that. But I will need something else to take into the edit suite which sounds cleaner and larger/more comfortable on my ears for a multi-hour session. They just feel so small.
Taking these on a flight across the country tomorrow so we'll see how they travel and sound when I'm out and about. Will update soon.
At first, I loved them - especially how they looked but they started hurting me on the side of the head.
They apply high pressure on the ears and if you're wearing glasses it will hurt after half an hour.
As for the sound - it's OK. Nice basses.
The cushions are cheap. If you already have decided to buy those, I highly recommend for you to order ear pad replacement - there're good ear pads at a low price on eBay.
If sound isolation is important for you - do not choose those - I used them at work and I was able to hear and understand every word from people stood beside me talking low.
I've ended up giving them to my kids and bought another brand.
Top reviews from other countries
The advantage of these headphones:
- very powerful sound
- the true color of sounding is almost perfect thanks to fr. range 5-25 000 Hz
- perfect genius construction (!)
- high durability
- comfy cord
- beautiful look
- very thin leather can be demolished extremely fast (even much faster if you cut hairy ears)
- some extra pressure on ears while it is new
I definitely recommend it!