Sony MDR-V900HD Studio Monitor Type Headphones HD Driver
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 50mm driver units with aura-nomic design
- High definition driver
- Powerful Neodymium magnet for superior sound
- Reversible ear cups for single-side monitoring
- Concealed, single-sided class 1LC-OFC coiled cord
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Price||Unavailable||$58.99||$99.95||Add to cart to see product details. Why?|
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||The Nekid Cow||RECORDING STORE||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||7.05 x 8.05 x 5.05 in||3 x 8 x 9.4 in||4 x 7 x 8 in||4.25 x 3.87 x 8.62 in|
|Item Weight||0.66 lb||6.24 ounces||1 lb||0.66 lb|
|Additional Features||neodymium magnets||lightweight||lightweight||foldable|
These supreme headphones use Sony exclusive technology - High Definition drivers ¿ that reproduces wide frequency, up to 80KHz and has high power capacity. Carefully designed to stand at the same level of the sound quality, these Studio Monitor style headphones feature premium piano black earpieces, wide and adjustable headband.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My only complaint is the coating on the head band and ear cushions began to flake and peel almost immediately. I bought replacement ear cushions and replacement head bands are available. I'm hoping to cover the factory ear pads and head band with some nice suede leather to bring those components more up to par with the sound quality of these headphones.
What to consider when buying headphones:
1. Mixing / Vocals / Regular Listening - I use these for mixing and listening. I have Senns Open-Air for vocals.
2. Comfort - I wear these 45 hours a week. I don't get sore ears or listening fatigue from the diaphragm being too close to the ear. These have perfect distance for listening. But make sure the outer ridge of your ears are gently touching the inside rim of the cup to ensure the diaphragm is perpendicular to your ear canal for optimal listening.
3. Price - You don't have to spend over $200 for great headphones.... having said that, spend more than $100 :D
4. Don't buy "SUPER DYNAMIC EXTRA-BASS PROFESSIONAL MASTERING DJ STUDIO MONITOR STEREO-PHONES HYPER-BLAST BASS BUTTON!!!!" by some rapper. PLEASE! Do not buy those! Don't waist your money. If you want professional headphones then stick to the trustworthy brands like Sony and Sennheiser. KOSS and BOSE for listening are pretty good too. I don't recommend AKG and Audio Technica anymore because their product line has shifted more towards stylish headphones rather than quality headphones, grant it, they're a great brand but times have changed(Don't bash my review because of your great 5 year old AKGs that are awesome headphones, chances are I would agree with you).
5. Build - "They just don't makem' like they used to." But take care of these like I have for almost 2 years now and they will serve you well. It's a pretty solid build considering all other headphones. They fold nicely and I have dropped them hard.... and they still work. I think Sennheisers have a really nice plastic and a very firm build. But most Sennheiser Studio headphones don't fold liek these Sonys do.
These cans satisfy all of these concerns!
Hope this helps in your choice of buying headphones.
However, the two headphones do differ quite a lot.
These headphones' main purpose is to monitor (in a studio). They do reduce some external noise, but not as much as the BBD Solo HDs.
So, when it comes down to bass, these headphones lack quite a bit of it. Instead of bass, these headphones do an amazing job at capturing all of the sounds in a song/piece/etc.
One more thing, it does say in the description that these are black. That is true, except for the fact that the padding is a dark brown color. You can barely notice that in the picture on Amazon.com.
All in all, here's the conclusion:
1) Very comfortable (excellent padding)
2) Amazing sound detail
3) Very good price for what you're getting
1) Poor bass
2) Inaccuracy of exact color in description/display image
Deep Blue dJinn ( deepbluedjinn.com )