Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sony MDR-ZX310/WQ ZX Series stereo headphones
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on September 29, 2013
OMG! I'm listening to Bach's Orchestral Suite No. 2 in B Minor and I can hear down to the flutist's breath intakes, and the click of the instrument's keys! And with Vivaldi's Concerto in D Minor For 2 Oboes?? Digitally remastered cd or not, I can hear the turntable turning! No hisses and pops, but you can tell it came originally from an LP! This is crazy. These headphones are clean! I not too long ago purchased a pair of AKG's Q460s here on Amazon that totally wowed me... until last week, when I found the right side no longer works. Desperate to get my hands on a new pair of headphones immediately, and not wanting to drop so much on the overpriced Beats, I read up on these SONY MDR-ZX300s - along with the MDR-ZX100s - and went out to purchase a pair. After testing it right in the store, I ended up purchasing TWO pairs. Very, very impressive. The price is beyond ridiculous. And the comfort! Not tight on the head at all (even with braids in!) and very soft and cushy on the ears too.

And no, I didn't test them with just Classical music, but Hip-hop, Soca and Dancehall Reggae too. Wow, wow, wow. No muddiness whatsoever even with those thumping bass lines, and no nasty hissing on the highs either. I also love the look of the cool white too, even though the blue ones are just as eye-catching.

These headphones are MORE than worth the price, believe me. I'm surprised they're not like, sold out or something!
22 comments| 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2013
I was looking for an affordable pair of headphones with good sound and I read a review on another pair that suggested these. I checked them out, read some other reviews and ultimately decided to get these because they seemed to be what I needed in just the right price range. All I have to say is that I've been listening to music an hour straight and I have no listener fatigue whatsoever. I love these headphones and for the price they're amazing!
on August 17, 2013
I purchased these headphones becouse I dont like going outside with my more expensive ones . I expected a significant drop in audio quality but it was ok, they were beaters! Let me say simply amazing!!!!! They are not expensive but they dont sound cheap/tinny at all. I am amazed at the sound reproduction (a little bass heavy) but overall a solid solid low cost high performance offering from sony with the build quality to match. Heavy wire construction(no shorts) comfortable fit for varying head sizes good drivers. I would not hesitate to put them up against products costing 5,6,7 times as much and I am an audiophile. Sure you can get uber technical to justify your 300,400 dollar earphone purchase"I did" but sony simply produced a product that is far superior in regards to its price, enough said!!!!!!!!
on August 22, 2013
Can't beat the price. The sound is amazing. Love that you can lay them down on the table and turn the speakers out so that other people in the room can enjoy the music. Would definitely recommend this item!
on November 18, 2013
Love these headphones - I use them on flights to hear MP3 or in flight audio/video better. They are light, comfortable and sound good. They probably would not be totally comfortable on my ears for more than 2 hours at a time, but not an issue for me,
on February 21, 2014
I love the white!
The sound is amazing! These headphones performed as well as my Bose speakers. I listen to classic rock and alternative, Bad Company really rocked! They are light and fold up to slide easily into a backpack or computer case. I'm really, really happy with them!
on August 22, 2014
These are an excellent value and I am happy with my purchase. In testing them out, I am hearing all elements of the songs with great clarity at mid to medium high volumes. If I put the volume on high, distortion does appear, which is a bit disappointing, but at this price point, I can't complain. There is little to no distortion at my normal playing volumes, and the bass sounds fantastic, capturing all elements of the bass guitar of some of my favorite music. I hear the words to songs clearly, and instruments sound like they should sound. The headset is comfortable and looks good. This is a very good buy. If I was set on rocking out at highest volumes, I would use these as a stepping stone to better headphones, but I'll be just fine with these.
on October 19, 2013
better than what i was expecting. they sound great, if you want a headphones that could sound great and not very expensive this is what yo should get!!!!
on November 17, 2014
Overly decent sound quality. Don't expect too much as they are a lower priced product, but these are among the best you can buy for the money spent. You will get more than you pay for, you will be happy. The cord is thick and seemingly durable which is a huge plus as I have a long history of breaking headphones. I expect these to fair well with regular use at the gym. They don't bump like beats, but do a good job of drowning out noise from the city and the gym. There is moderate sound leakage into the outside world (at least when you're not wearing them) but who doesn't enjoy our music anyways? All in all I'm very happy with my purchase.
on January 31, 2014
These are great headphones. They are not terribly expensive and the quality is very, very good. I use them with my Kindle!