Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Sony MDRXB950BT/B Extra Bass Bluetooth Headphones ..." and save 70% off the $199.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Home AV Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- SquareTrade award-winning service is there when you need it, 24/7
- Fast repairs or replacements get you up and running as quickly as possible
- Covers: mechanical and electrical failures during normal use, 100% parts and labor
- 24/7 customer support, free shipping for all repairs, no deductibles or hidden fees
- Cancel anytime, full refund in first 30 days, fully transferable with gifts
Sony MDRXB950BT/B Extra Bass Bluetooth Headphones (Black)
|Price:||$108.00 & FREE Shipping|
- Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Bluetooth audio streaming with AAC and apt-X support and Electronic Bass Boost circuitry for added bass emphasis
- Built-in microphone for hands-free phone calling
- 40mm drivers for wide frequency response
- Comfortable around-the-ear design with sophisticated swivel design for portability
- Rechargeable battery for up to 20 hrs music and passive mode for normal, corded operation without battery
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Wireless listening, impressive bass
Wireless freedom, sleek comfort, and unmistakable bass response add-up to an unforgettable audio experience. Connect via Bluetooth with NFC and let your music loose for up to 20 hours battery life anytime anywhere. 40mm drivers with electronic bass boost will add punch to your favorite tracks.
Broad frequency response
Large, 40mm driver units deliver broad, dynamic, and balanced sound for an exceptional listening experience. You can enjoy 20 - 20,000 Hz frequency response when streaming audio wirelessly or even broader frequency response, from 3 – 28,000 Hz when using the supplied audio cable.
Electronic Bass Boost
For impressive low-end bass response, a simple press of the Bass Boost button delivers! A Digital Signal Processor produces club-like enhanced low-frequencies for music that you can feel.
Lush, wrap around ear cushions provide a comprehensive, acoustic seal-for an intimate listening experience, in long-lasting comfort. And when it’s time to roll, the swiveling ear cups fold flat for enhanced portability.
Make and take calls on the go
Enjoy the convenience of hands-free calling thanks to the integrated microphone and Bluetooth profile connectivity. Once your phone is paired, simply press the phone button on the earpiece to accept incoming calls then press again to terminate the call. Music playback will automatically resume once the call is completed.
Enjoy high quality Bluetooth audio streaming and simplified connectivity with Near Field Communications (NFC) technology. Simply align your compatible devices and touch the NFC logos to activate or deactivate pairing. For the ultimate wireless audio streaming experience, aptX & AAC codec support ensure maximum signal quality, or listen to your favorite playlist conventionally, in passive mode, without relying on the battery.
Enjoy long battery life
The built-in rechargeable battery provides up to 20 hours of continuous, wireless music playback. For hands-free calling, you can speak freely for up to 20 hours or up to 200 hours on stand-by. When your battery runs low, passive mode, using the supplied cable, allows for continued listening in a conventional fashion.
Ready to go!
A Micro-USB charging cable and conventional 1.2 m audio cable are included, perfect for plugging into your digital music player or computer when your battery runs low.
|Type||Extra Bass In-ear||Extra Bass In-ear Sport||Extra Bass In-ear||Extra Bass On-ear||Extra Bass In-ear Premium Sport||Extra Over-ear Premium|
|Battery Life||N/A (wired operation only)||8.5 hrs||9 hrs||30 hrs||7 hrs||20 hrs|
|Driver Size||12 mm||12 mm||12 mm||30 mm||12 mm||40 mm|
|Wireless Functionality||N/A (wired operation only)||Bluetooth/NFC||Bluetooth/NFC||Bluetooth/NFC||Bluetooth/NFC||Bluetooth/NFC|
|Water Resistant||No||Yes (IPX4)||No||No||Yes (IPX5)||No|
|Extra Bass On/Off||Always On||Always On||Always On||Always On||Always On||On/Off|
|Wired Operation||Yes (wired only)||No||No||No||No||Yes|
Compare with similar items
Sennheiser HD 630VB Headphone with Variable Bass and Call Control
Sony MDR-XB950B1/B Bluetooth Wireless Extra Bass Headphones (Certified Refurbished)
V-MODA Crossfade M-100 Over-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphone (Shadow)
Munitio PRO40 High-Performance Headphones, Gold
House of Marley, Liberate XLBT Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones - 12 Hour Playtime, Removable 1-Button Microphone, Foldable Over Ear Design, Comes with Stash Bag, EM-FH041-MI Midnight
|Price||$108.00||See price in cart||$79.99||$244.99||$299.99||$120.74|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$5.99||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||DataVision Computer Video||Amazon.com||Secondipity||Amazon.com||HappyTrade||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||2.87 x 8.78 x 11.12 in||5.1 x 9.5 x 11.1 in||—||7.04 x 4.5 x 9.5 in||4.49 x 7.05 x 8.9 in||8 x 8.75 x 4 in|
|Item Weight||0.62 lb||—||—||0.62 lb||1.82 lbs||1.4 lbs|
|Additional Features||wireless||microphone-feature||Wireless, handsfree, Microphone-Feature||foldable||lightweight, volume-control||android-phone-control, foldable, ios-phone-control, tangle-free-cord, volume-control|
Wireless freedom, sleek comfort, and unmistakable bass response add-up to an unforgettable audio experience. Connect via Bluetooth with NFC and let your music loose for up to 20 hours (battery life) anytime anywhere. 40mm drivers with electronic bass boost will add punch to your favorite tracks.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The Good points...
1) Sound quality is outstanding. Either the high end beats and Bose are over priced, or Sony is undercharging for these.
2) Noise Canceling is not needed. These cancel noise better than most headphones that are marketed with noise canceling. You can't here anything going on with these on. When you put them on you can't hear the engines of an airplane and even the roar of the DC becomes a faint back ground noise. Its far better than the noise canceling gear I've had in the past.
3) Using them as a headset to make phone calls works very well
4) Battery life is insanely good. I charge them every night and get a 10 hour work day in. They haven't died on me yet
5) The volume, track, and call answer controls are great. Once you start using them you realize just how we they are placed.
6) They are built solid out of metal and higher quality plastics.
7) Ear Cushions are VERY comfortable for long term wear
8) Very good to work in a DC with. You can stream iTunes from a Mac and walk 35-60 feet away from the mac and still get the stream.
9) Awesome for cube life if you want to tune out your coworkers but still want to here if you have a new email. I have a stand up desk so no wires makes sense.
1) If you were looking for non-noise canceling headphones these are not it. They block out all sound to the point where I would never consider wearing these walking down the street. You can't hear anything. If these headphones had noise canceling printed on the box it would be technically untrue, but effectively truthful.
2) They can get warm if you don't have a climate controlled place where you are wearing them. There is no breathing on these like a foam cushion would have. However for an office environment they are great.
3) They do no fully fold, but they do pivot which is good enough for me. The headphones would probably be weaker if they can fold. They were definitely more stout than the Beats and Bose models that could fold. I would wager they will last longer than folding ones as long as they are transported correctly.
4) Wall charger would have been nice, but I just use an old blackberry charger and it works fine.
5) No carrying case --- probably because they don't fold...
First the good. I use them to listen to music, for on-line gaming and monitoring my home recording. Sonically they are superb. I used a pair of Sennheiser HD 280 Pro headphones prior to this purchase and now the Sennheisers rarely leave their storage. The Sonys are very comfortable to wear for extended periods though I have to insert the back of my ears into the earcups rather than have the pads rest on my ears.
Now for the bad (and it's really, really bad). The yoke holding an earcup to the headband connects to the headband with very thin plastic connector. After a few weeks I noticed a hairline crack in this piece on both yokes, left and right. Maybe my fat head is too big for these things and place too much stress on the thin plastic. Pieces of the plastic connector on each yoke began to fall out with continued use (see attached pictures). Today (just moments ago after I'd taken first five pictures) the left yoke failed completely and the left earcup dangles from the headband by its connecting wire (last picture). The headphones are now unwearable.
In my opinion you should avoid purchasing these headphones until Sony addresses this mechanical problem
in their design.
p.s. A follow-up to my review. After some web research regarding the Sony headphone's mechanical failure and various purchasers' efforts to get Sony to fix or replace their headphones (all without success - Sony's position being that the headphones must of been misused/abused for the yoke to break) I took it upon myself to effect my own repair. I made short plate out of some aluminum barstock for each yoke (see added pictures) and with a liberal use of super glue I put the plates and broken parts together. I've been using the headphones daily since and they've been functioning well. However, I will not change my "2-star" rating. My experience has left me very unhappy with Sony and their products. Their warranty is virtually worthless. Instead of acknowledging the problem with these headphones and fixing it Sony chose to blame the customer.
p.p.s. A few readers have contacted me asking how I repaired my set of headphones, so I'll try to detail the procedure. Set your tools, materials, etc. together and think through what you'll do each step of the way before you start. First, I cut two small rectangles (1cm x 2cm) from some 1/16" aluminum bar stock with a small hacksaw, one for each ear cup yoke. You can find short lengths of aluminum bar stock (flat or angled) at your local hardware store or one of the "big-box" home centers (Lowe's, Home Depot, etc.). Same for the hacksaw. Even one of the "mini-hacksaw"s will do. Go slow, take your time. You may have to file any rough spots to smooth out the edges of the cut piece. This 1cm x 2cm size will fit nicely between screw holes on the yoke. Next, fit the broken parts of the ear cup yoke together as best you can and apply some glue to the space between the screw holes. I used some super glue. Be careful, super glue will quickly fasten your fingers together if you're sloppy. Use just enough to glue the bit of bar stock to the yoke. Use too much glue you'll risk gluing the yoke to the headband preventing the ear cup from rotating. Finally, position the bit of bar stock on the space between the screw holes where you applied the glue and clamp it in place. Position the clamp to press the bar stock bit onto the glue in the space between the screw holes. I used a small spring clamp I had on my workbench, one like this ( https://www.amazon.com/Evelots-Plastic-Muslin-Spring-Clamps/dp/B013RL1OQ2/ref=sr_1_30?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1473422102&sr=1-30&keywords=clamps+for+woodworking ). Any small clamp will do as long as it opens wide enough to fit over the thickness of the yoke, even one of those large "office supply" clips you may have kicking around in a desk drawer. Put the whole deal aside for a while until the glue sets. After the glue has set remove the clamps and test your handiwork. And that's it. Since my repair a few months ago I've used my headphones daily with no problems.