Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Enthusiast: Photographyon December 2, 2012
I have a number of different DAWS, and they all have their good points and bad points. Most of them are a lot more expensive than Acid Music Studio, and all of them are more difficult to learn and use. Trying to figure out how to do some task or another can take a lot of the fun out of composing and playing music. That is NOT true of Acid. It is much, much easier to learn than any other DAW I know of, and I was producing decent tracks within an hour of when I opened the box. So it gets a top rating on my part for user-friendliness, and there are a bunch of really useful tutorials built into the program. The interface is well laid out, the functions are clearly labeled, and it just hooks onto your drivers and vst's without a lot of bother. That isn't the case with most other programs I have tried, which required hours of frustrating effort to get anything to work.

Functionality? I find that this program does pretty much anything that any other DAW will do, but for a lot less money. If you are like me....a dedicated amateur who doesn't need a boatload of useless bells and whistles, and you just want to be able to get into your music without taking a 3 month course in how to operate the program, I'd highly recommend this as the best way to go.

I also use Sony's Vegas Movie Studio and Sound Forge, and I am very fond of both of those as well. There are some common elements, terms, and functions in all 3 that make it easier and more efficient to use them for whatever you might want to do in the audio-visual arena.
76 helpful votes
77 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on January 24, 2013
This program is beautifully created with creativity in mind, but does not lack in power at all. In 1 hour I had a very cool song created that had my own style (of which I could never have created without it - completely beat synced together). For serious editing you'll still need to be able to record new authentic sounds or if you have extra cash you can purchase the high quality loop compilations; many of them are extremely good quality sounds. The only issue that was hard to learn was how to take a sound that was less than a minute and turn it into a beat synced track. But once I Googled it and did a bit of research, I figured it out. But I'm totally loving this program. I'm an app developer and I often need short music tracks that are very customized and this program certainly fits the bill. But there's no doubt one person cannot make high quality music, I did already. I love this program!
21 helpful votes
22 helpful votes
on February 22, 2016
on November 12, 2013
I have been using Acid music studio since it was made by Sonic Foundry back in the day. Over 10 years ago, I made some awesome songs combining Acid and SoundBlaster on my PC. You would think the technology has gotten better, but unfortunately it did not. This program seems more complicated then it used to be and also more buggy. I paid an extra 90 dollars to download 3 more loop packages, created some hot beats, but then had all kinds of issues trying to record my voice. First, the audio was delayed with the track. Then after I saved my song, the audio would speed up or slow down to a different tempo automatically. Then after getting some decent audio, the program would freeze up. If you are working off a slow laptop, you should avoid this product. I updated my laptops RAM to 8GB and the program still froze up. Furthermore, I tried hooking up my keyboard via USB and I couldn't make my own loops. I am very disappointed that the glitches kept me from creating some awesome songs.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on January 29, 2014
Ive come a long way in the music editing area. Acid Music V2 was the first software I ever used.

Since then Ive used a ton of other software (FL Studio, Logic, ProTools,...)

They all have their goods and bads.

I do not think I would rely on Acid to record or create, but when it comes to looping and beat mapping, I still turn to Acid because it is the best in its class.

I actually had a choice of going for Acid Pro 7 (which is the professional version), or Acid Music Studio 9 (which doesnt have all the Pro additions), but considering Acid Pro 7 was a few years older and did not support 64-bit systems, I decided to go with Acid Music Studio 9 which did support 64-bit (meaning you can utilize more RAM which I definitely make use of).

I would recommend this version over Pro for this reason, although, they did just release a new version (Acid Music Studio 10). Might be a better way to go if you are planning on using this software for recording as it has 24-bit/192 kHz compared to 24-bit/96kHz (Acid Music Studio 9).

Hope this helps!
3 helpful votes
on December 19, 2013
ACID is a Top 5 essential loop based DAW. I've used it since 2004, and it has only improved along the way This is the "lite" version, the basic beginner pack. And it's amazing! These guys pioneered the loop based DAW world, while also providing a dynamic recording platform. The effects are excellent The choices for setting up work flow are primo, too. Sync's with EVERYTHING.

I use ACID,and it racks right up beside, and with, all my other industry standard recording DAW's. . Integrates seamlessly as one studio.

Adding a simple interface and incorporating a Virtual Synth w USB keyboard into Sony ACID Music Studio 9 is in itself a monster production platform. Add a bass, guitar, vocal mic, and this is real production studio. Tutorial Videos are included along the recording process, turning you into a competent home engineer fast! You can upgrade and add additional Sony ACID loops and programs. Sound Forge is a fine addition.

The ACID Studio I purchased had a free drum loop # code for redeeming some killer loops. I got the Vitale drum set of loops. And they are phenomenal.

VALUE Studio! Very Easy To Use!
on April 7, 2014
If you create music on your computer then you already know that many of these virtual studios require sound samples to make good tunes. Though some samples come with this product you will want to find / purchase / create more that are in your genre or all of the songs will sound the same over time. This suite did come with a download or two (sorry it has been a few months now since I installed it) and the quality of the samples are excellent - just not enough. I suggest you plan on this purchase and then about another $25 - $50 in samples and you will be set for quite a while. The software itself performs flawlessly. It is easy to use / paint tracks, apply effects and envelopes, and convert to .mp# or whatever your format preference is. This is my second purchase in this product's series and I would buy again in a few years for an update. It gets 4 stars (would have done 4.5 if that was an option) for the minimum amount of samples it comes with. I recommend.
on February 20, 2014
I have no experience at making music whatsoever! I have tried Sony ACID Pro on a trial, and this seems identical to that program. both programs are very easy to use, and of course come with tutorials, which makes learning this program a breeze. I would recommend this music software to anyone who is interested in creating their own music, whatever genre, and especially to those who are into creating videos, as it is very difficult to get your videos accepted on YT, even though you may have a downloaded agreement with places like Video Blocks. This software will set you apart from the rest, as the music you make will be your own, you are the producer, you own the copyright!
on January 10, 2014
If you're seeing this in the under 30 range, I'll tell you that this is a great value for what comes in the package. Even moreso than the latest version. First off the download code for Sony Loop Collections is worth more than the whole package. The code is value for all loops from Standard to Premium so it's a no brainer to buy this and get a Premium set.

As for the software, it's a great concept to be able to paint the areas on the tracks where you want your loops to play. Added to that, you can compose using MIDI tracks and also use the built in chopper to cut your own loops.

It's not the best DAW overall but for laying down beat tracks, it's very tough to beat!
on August 2, 2013
My 12 year old son just loaded this on his laptop, vista. All went smoothly. He/we could not find the 3000 loops included. I called amazon and the lady was insistent that the code for the loop library was the same thing as the 3000 free loops included. Very frustrating. After a call to Sony, I was told to look for the sony folder on the computer. Sure enough, there were the files for the included loops, which still needed to be extracted. She said the amazon download sometimes does not load them automatically. The call was free even though it looks like there is another number for support which is for a fee.

This hasn't been used yet to record. I was not going to involve myself in this project of my sons, however, after loading the loops, it looks like fun. We watched the tutorials and although we are just regular people with no background in recording/editing/songwriting, I think we will have fun making our own music. For 33.00, I think it is a great deal and a lot cheaper than some video games.

I will update as soon as I hear the first song completed.
16 helpful votes
17 helpful votes
44 comments|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.