Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 270 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 283 reviews
on September 9, 2013
I learned a valuable lesson when looking at this product - read the date of reviews before making a desition.
I read some reviews for this battery and was about to look elswhere when I realized the dates of the reviews, 2011.

I read more recent reviews to find Amazon had checked their stock an now only sell viable batteries.

My personal experience following one week of usage.
This is a very good battery.
It works as intended, so far, and does display the battery life on my Sony CX230.
My son was visiting from England and we took the HDR CX230 everywhere we went, taking a lot of short videos and quite a few long ones.

We have a pond at the back of our house with multitudes of wildlife visiting throughout the day.
I set the camera up on a tripod and left it running while a Cormorant dried it's wings. The camera just kept rolling for 20 - 30 minutes and I still had over 5 hours left on the battery. I also purchased the charger to go with it, Sony BCTRV Travel Charger -Black I would highly resommend getting the charger too as it doesn't take as long to charge as it does plugging in your camera to your USB port. I didn't really time how long it took to charge this battery, but it was certainly less than 2 hours.

Don't be afraid to purchase this item or the charger, remember, Amazon have excellent customer service.
on March 23, 2016
I was a little worried at first because when I put it into the OEM Sony charger there wasn't any lights on the charger. Usually there's at least one light on the charger indicating that the battery is low, but this battery was so drained that not even that one light was lit. So I left it in the charger for a while longer and finally that one light lit up. And then two, and charging was going as expected. Other than that I haven't really put the battery through heavy use yet.
on May 28, 2013
I purchased this item in order to provide long life while recording. So far I am quite impressed with the capacity of the batter and it's function.

Pros:
- LONG battery life. My new PJ380/B accepts this battery just fine and with an hour of constant recording did not show any loss on the indicator. The camera is smart and knows how much life the battery will give when fully charged - this one can run that camera for over 8 hours (supposedly)
- Light - I was worried the battery will off-balance the camera - however the battery and camera weigh about the same - so I have no issues - the entire package with the long life battery is so light, it's amazing.

Cons:
- Big battery, takes a while to charge
- Vendor I purchased from sent me last year's model - 200MAH lower than advertised - in the end it worked out fine - the battery is MORE than sufficient.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 5, 2015
Great battery. I had the original battery that shipped with the camera and was rated at 2 hours, it would almost make that mark but, I film meetings for archival purposes and having to sweat whether the battery was going to make it or not before I would have to interrupt the meeting to change but, with this new battery, no problem. It charges to over 10 hours of battery life and I've never had to worry again. I've never filmed anything over four hours (wedding and reception) so I don't know if the 10 hour rating is actual record time or not but, as far as the battery itself, best money I could have spent.
on May 16, 2013
I will only buy genuine Sony batteries now after buying several off brand, made in China and even counterfeit Sony’s with similar but fake yellow packaging. I have been burned so many times. I bought this large one so I would never have my camera crap out in the middle of my grandson's hockey game again. I wanted one that would even make it through MOST of a 6 game tournament over a three day period. This battery is unbelievable because I not only got through six games but then two lacrosse games. I think I may even make it through the next tournament. Incredibly I think I may get 12 to 14 hours of high def shooting which is better than advertised. I can only say this…You get what you pay for and I have learned that the hard way. Another thing is that these things are significantly cheaper in the USA. I live in Canada but buy most of my stuff from Amazon USA and go over to pick it up.
on December 16, 2013
Two years ago I bought the "Sony HDR-XR160 High-Definition Handycam Camcorder", because I was going to visit Walt Disney World. I was sure I was going to do a lot of recording, so I purchased also this battery pack. I'm really glad I did. Every day I started using this battery (instead of the smaller one included with the camera, which was not going to last too much on one day) and even when I used the camera almost all day, only once I exhausted the battery charge. Unfortunately I lost the battery. A few days ago I went on Honeymoon to New York, but before that, I bought this battery pack again. I was there for Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and got to record all of it from beginning to end (stopping only 3 or 4 times for no longer than 5 minutes each). We used the camera almost nonstop every day with the same battery. I'd buy it again if needed.
on June 7, 2011
Just bought a Sony HDR-CX160/B HD camcorder and about 40 seconds into any video the camera says "C4:00 For use with compatible battery only" and then turns off. Sony has offered to replace the battery, but they said it'd take them 7-10 days. I'll just return this to Amazon and have them send me a new one, but if this one doesn't work that'll be the last nail in the preverbal coffin for this Sony camera and its accessories.

10 June 2011 update...
Well, here's my update. Got the replacement yesterday, allowed it to charge for a full day in the Sony charger, and it does EXACTLY the SAME THING. My recommendation would be to NOT bother with this camera or this battery and especially this combination until Sony fixes this problem. I'm going to Panasonic if Sony doesn't have a solution by Monday.
55 comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2011
The NPFV100 is a great battery pack, no doubts about it. However, be very careful buying this product from Amazon 'vendors' as there is a good chance that your $60 or $70 deal is fake or non-standard pack. I am not sure if Sony makes different NPFV100 for different markets or fakes are getting pretty good at copying, but my last deal was packaged in a good 'retail' package and said Sony on it, but weighted significantly less than authentic Sony product (purchased from Amazon) and was about 100 minutes short in camcorder time estimation.
Amazon's customer service is wonderful at fixing this type of situations, but why take chances? Get this product from Amazon (i.e. where it says SOLD and SHIPPED by Amazon) and save yourself time and headaches. In this case paying a little more for the authentic Sony product is definitely worth it.
on November 27, 2016
This is a fabulous battery. I ordered this for a specific purpose (a wedding) and was able to capture the entire ceremony, opening activities at the reception, many things during the dance and still had over 3/4 of the battery life remaining. While I have not tested it to see how much "real world" capacity the battery has before completely discharging, it has exceeded expectations so far.
on April 3, 2010
Though expensive, this is a must have item for any camcorder. No function or recital will last longer than the life of this battery. I used a Sony HD handycam in Italy and never had less than 50% power even after all day at the Vatican. Coupled with a 32gb memory stick you have the perfect no worry setup.
55 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse